Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot General

Voxalot General Voxalot discussion, tips, tricks and suggestions. Talk about them here.

Unread 11-29-2007, 06:50 PM   #11
ataboy

ataboy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by emoci View Post
You are correct for that part....

The SipBroker access number you are using, does it seem to work fine when you call your VoXPremium acct?
Yes, I had tested that and it was fine.

Quote:
I would do a reset on that incoming VoXalot trunk anyway (you know: click on Trunk, Save Settings, Confirm Changes by clicking red bar procedure)....If that doesn't seem to do anything turn the trunk to just outbound calls, then re-register it for both incoming and outgoing
In fact since posting my last message, I noticed that there was only one Voxalot trunk showing under the status tab (eu.voxalot.com). So I changed one of the two to us.voxalot.com and saw both appear. Then I changed it back and - voilÃ* - the trunk started to work!

Quote:
BTW, the host you are using for voxalot there is of the form xx.voxalot.com (xx= us or eu or au) not just voxalot.com right (since voxalot.com has been removed as a valid registrar adress)
Yes, see above.

Calls now appear in Call Monitor, but now my problem is at the end of the call setup sequence. I get dialtone but when I dial out, there is no ringtone, then dialtone reappears. I think it might be a dialplan problem. . .

ataboy
ataboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-29-2007, 10:16 PM   #12
emoci

emoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by ataboy View Post
Yes, I had tested that and it was fine.

In fact since posting my last message, I noticed that there was only one Voxalot trunk showing under the status tab (eu.voxalot.com). So I changed one of the two to us.voxalot.com and saw both appear. Then I changed it back and - voilÃ* - the trunk started to work!

Yes, see above.

Calls now appear in Call Monitor, but now my problem is at the end of the call setup sequence. I get dialtone but when I dial out, there is no ringtone, then dialtone reappears. I think it might be a dialplan problem. . .

ataboy
Ok, well at least it's working...use the Call Monitor to troubleshoot

If you are dialing the number correctly to match the dial plan, it should show both the number as you dialed and the trunk it picked, if in the Call Monitor table it shows the number, but no trunk picked, then there is a problem with the dial plan in PBXes.

Keep in mind that you have to make sure you obey rules in your VoXalot premium account when dialing

Also, pressing * at any time will get you a fresh dialtone, so you want to avoid that being part of the dialing sequence

Pressing # after dialing a number sequence tells the system to try calling it without delay

Hope you get running without too much trouble....
emoci is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-06-2007, 08:47 PM   #13
ataboy

I had been testing the solution using +44 20 7100 6747 as the Sipbroker PSTN access number. As I said before, it returned me dialtone after I had dialled the destination number. After setting and resetting the PBXes settings, I tried it with Sipbroker PSTN access number +44 121 314 8447 and it worked first time!

I've double-checked it and it seems that my setup has a problem with +44 20 7100 6747. Could there be an issue with this number?

ataboy
Unread 12-06-2007, 10:33 PM   #14
emoci

emoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to all

Quote:
I had been testing the solution using +44 20 7100 6747 as the Sipbroker PSTN access number. As I said before, it returned me dialtone after I had dialled the destination number. After setting and resetting the PBXes settings, I tried it with Sipbroker PSTN access number +44 121 314 8447 and it worked first time!

I've double-checked it and it seems that my setup has a problem with +44 20 7100 6747. Could there be an issue with this number?

ataboy
Ok, I can't tell you why it's happening, but I can confirm that I have the same problem if I use +44 20 7100 6747

Looking at Call Monitor, it looks like PBXes does not receive all the digits I dial, it seems to pick some up, while miss others when using that access number.... I managed to get it to work at least once (I dialed the number to call really slowly, letting each tone finish before dialing the next), but even that time the call got cut off after the first ring....

The only thing I can think off is that the line for that number is having some sort of DTMF issue at least in relation to PBXes (it's odd since 44 121 314 8447 is also from Telappliant and that seems to work fine)

If you need a London number, you can always set up your own, Orbtalk, Coms or Eutelia will let you have one for free. You can have PBXes point directly to the callthru gate, so all you have to do is enter the PIN and talk....

Hope that helps... and you get this in good shape before you have to travel

Last edited by emoci; 12-06-2007 at 10:35 PM.
Unread 12-07-2007, 01:29 PM   #15
ataboy

Quote:
Ok, I can't tell you why it's happening, but I can confirm that I have the same problem if I use +44 20 7100 6747
Thanks emoci, that's interesting. . .

Quote:
If you need a London number, you can always set up your own, Orbtalk, Coms or Eutelia will let you have one for free. You can have PBXes point directly to the callthru gate, so all you have to do is enter the PIN and talk....
. . . and that's *really* interesting. I already have an Orbtalk (and a Sipgate) number. How exactly could I use PBXes with either of these?

Because the PBXes solution uses a 4-stage process: Sipbroker->Voxalot inbound->PIN->Voxalot outbound I use my 3102 for callthrough when I'm in the UK. However I find that the PSTN-VoIP gateway affects the speech quality and it would be handy to have a simpler PBXes/Voxalot solution.

ataboy
Unread 12-07-2007, 04:15 PM   #16
emoci

Quote:
Thanks emoci, that's interesting. . .

. . . and that's *really* interesting. I already have an Orbtalk (and a Sipgate) number. How exactly could I use PBXes with either of these?

Because the PBXes solution uses a 4-stage process: Sipbroker->Voxalot inbound->PIN->Voxalot outbound I use my 3102 for callthrough when I'm in the UK. However I find that the PSTN-VoIP gateway affects the speech quality and it would be handy to have a simpler PBXes/Voxalot solution.

ataboy
Ok think of it like this, set up your OrbTalk number the same way you've set up the VoXalot account that let's you access the gateway...

In other words (1) set up a trunk for both inbound and outbound calling with OrbTalk (or SipGate, but personally I am more comfortable with OrbTalk in terms of reliability) then (2) under Inbound Routing point this trunk to the CallThru
Unread 12-08-2007, 09:21 PM   #17
ataboy

Quote:
In other words (1) set up a trunk for both inbound and outbound calling with OrbTalk (or SipGate, but personally I am more comfortable with OrbTalk in terms of reliability) then (2) under Inbound Routing point this trunk to the CallThru
I tried them both and both work well. Thanks for that! I've now ditched the 3102 solution for call through.

ataboy
Unread 12-09-2007, 09:15 AM   #18
chatalot

chatalot is on a distinguished road

I am also finding that pbxes is great for running a softphone on all my PCs and mobile devices at the same time on the same network as each sip phone is a different extension with it's own login my router handles it all ok. This also gives you the ability to dial out from a softphone too. Which leads me to my question -

How get a pbxes extension to pass a * prefix to my outgoing voxalot trunk so that I can dial the prefix for other networks. I just get invalid call tones

I suppose I could put in a workaround and prefix with 00000 and then get voxalot to remove this and put a * in, but is there a way of keeping the * as though it was a voxalot extension?

Sorry if it is slightly off topic but I figured that people with pbxes experience may be reading this thread.
chatalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-09-2007, 09:27 PM   #19
emoci

Quote:
Originally Posted by chatalot View Post
I am also finding that pbxes is great for running a softphone on all my PCs and mobile devices at the same time on the same network as each sip phone is a different extension with it's own login my router handles it all ok. This also gives you the ability to dial out from a softphone too. Which leads me to my question -

How get a pbxes extension to pass a * prefix to my outgoing voxalot trunk so that I can dial the prefix for other networks. I just get invalid call tones

I suppose I could put in a workaround and prefix with 00000 and then get voxalot to remove this and put a * in, but is there a way of keeping the * as though it was a voxalot extension?

Sorry if it is slightly off topic but I figured that people with pbxes experience may be reading this thread.

There is no way to keep the *, as it has a special function on PBXes (it resets the line). See http://forum.voxalot.com/voxalot-sup...html#post12490

You can either do as you suggested in VoXalot, or do the routing in PBXes (see it won't let you dial *600 but it will let you dial 8600 for example and be configured within PBXes such that when an 8 is the first digit it is replaced by * and sent as such to VoXalot...)
Unread 12-10-2007, 08:59 PM   #20
chatalot

chatalot is on a distinguished road

How would I add a * mid dialstring?
chatalot is offline   Reply With Quote