Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot General

Voxalot General Voxalot discussion, tips, tricks and suggestions. Talk about them here.

Unread 11-24-2007, 01:31 AM   #11
satphoneguy

satphoneguy is on a distinguished road

i use gtalk2voip quite a bit. forwarding calls from IM(gtalk, msn, yahoo, etc.) to SIP is not one of the supported features. what it allows you to do is answer and place SIP calls using your IM platforms as the interface instead of a softphone or IP phone. or to forward those SIP calls if they are not answered on your IM interface. i do not think any service allows you to answer IM calls on a sip phone(although you may want to take a look at barablu - but i think that only works if you are using the barablu softphone.) the only way that would be possible is if the service had your MSN password and was always logged into your IM account.

if you want IM users to be able to reach your SIP phone the solution is for them(not you) to sign up for gtalk2voip. than they can reach you on your SIP phone.

Last edited by satphoneguy; 11-24-2007 at 01:36 AM.
satphoneguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-24-2007, 01:42 AM   #12
emoci

emoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by satphoneguy View Post
i use gtalk2voip quite a bit. forwarding calls from IM(gtalk, msn, yahoo, etc.) to SIP is not one of the supported features. what it allows you to do is answer and place SIP calls using your IM platforms as the interface instead of a softphone or IP phone. or to forward those SIP calls if they are not answered on your IM interface. i do not think any service allows you to answer IM calls on a sip phone(although you may want to take a look at barablu - but i think that only works if you are using the barablu softphone.) the only way that would be possible is if the service had your MSN password and was always logged into your IM account.

if you want IM users to be able to reach your SIP phone the solution is for them(not you) to sign up for gtalk2voip. than they can reach you on your SIP phone.
Well, when it is working correctly, if you are logged off (offline), and have specified a follow me destination then any other user also signed up can issue a CALL myemail@hotmail.com command, and although I am not on, it'll ring on my phone....that's the idea here and it is a supported but not very reliable function...
emoci is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-24-2007, 02:25 AM   #13
satphoneguy

that may indeed work. but a key point to remember here is that the caller must be using gtalk2voip and issue the call command from a chat session. you can cannot divert calls made in the standard IM to IM fashion.

it may be more reliable for callers to use number@gtalk2voip.com. that is how i recieve calls and have never had any issues. the call would be made the same way call number@gtalk2voip.com(i think call user_at_domain@gtalk2voip.com will also work in the same way). agian the caller would have to be a gtalk2voip member.

on the other hand if they called by using call number@voxalot.com the call would go straight through without trying to reach you a MSN first(therefore delaying the call by 20 seconds)

Last edited by satphoneguy; 11-24-2007 at 02:35 AM.
Unread 11-25-2007, 09:06 AM   #14
chatalot

chatalot is on a distinguished road

I must admit that I am loosing interest in this service as it is very intermittant for me

I am currently getting Charged time: 0 secs. Reason = CannotResolve

When I make a call to a SIP phone.
chatalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-25-2007, 05:23 PM   #15
satphoneguy

you may have the problem I had when I first started using. if you accidentally make a charged call and your credit goed negative you can not use any services(including free services) without putting a credit to bring your account positive again. although if you email support and explain the situation they are very good about placing a free credit to bring you positive again.
Unread 11-25-2007, 07:13 PM   #16
chatalot

Satphoneguy - It was an intermittant problem because it is working again now

I did email them about the CallerID issue though

I got an email from gtalk2vip.com and they are suggesting that my hardware phone does not support the from field as per RFC-3261. Indeed I can see who is calling if I use x-lite soft phone. They are suggesting that my phone doesn't support alphanumerics. It is interesting though that when I place a call from voxcall that it says Voxalot on the display sometimes with a 6 digit number if I press enter although these are not always stored in memory. I wonder why Voxalot can get the alphnumeric value to show but not gtalk2voip.com. Could the PAP2 be the issue or the phone?

Last edited by chatalot; 11-25-2007 at 07:20 PM.
Unread 11-26-2007, 06:43 PM   #17
chatalot

I had an idea that I could set up a call connection (forwarding) rule to look for the username of the people I want to be able to call me and allow them past with any others going to voicemail. I tried to set one up but voxalot do not support letters in the incoming number. It is possible type the user name in the distinctive ring of the PAP2 and it gives a unique ring so it must be getting as far as the PAP2 but not onto my phone.

Can we have call forwarding rules for usernames please voxalot or can we have the "from field" converted so it displays like the "Voxalot" one does?

Last edited by chatalot; 11-26-2007 at 06:53 PM.
Unread 11-27-2007, 06:18 PM   #18
emoci

emoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to all

An interesting statement in the GTalk2Voip forums

Quote:
Hello.

You cannot use gtalk2voip to forward incoming Jingle Audio (i.e. Google Talk) calls coming to your Google talk to somewhere because Google Talk lacks call forwarding functionality. .........
Regards,
Ruslan.
which is odd cause I have had this work and not work from one try to the next
emoci is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-27-2007, 07:02 PM   #19
chatalot

I think this is means calls that don't use the gtalk2voip bot. ie you click on your contact and then select call so it is an IM to IM call. If you load up the bot contact and then type the call command it should get forwarded by the gtalk2voip service like any incoming call.