Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot General

Voxalot General Voxalot discussion, tips, tricks and suggestions. Talk about them here.

Unread 03-24-2009, 10:11 AM   #1
sebastien

sebastien is on a distinguished road
Default five SIP registrations

Hello All.

I am planning to come back to voxalot after pbxes (too complicate, no help), and I still dont understand what do voxalot offer with paid subscription ? Especially this: " five SIP registrations "
Does it means I can have 5 phones (a S450 IP)registred to my voxalot account ?
Thanks for your help.
sebastien is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-24-2009, 10:25 AM   #2
carlosalbffgomes

carlosalbffgomes is on a distinguished road

No. This five SIP registrations means that you can configure up to five VSP accounts to receive calls. Each SIP registration is made with one of your VoIP providers (those who support your inbound DIDs) to receive calls. With some of them, you can simply redirect to sip:xxxxxx@voxalot.com (where xxxxxx is you Voxalot account number), needing no such registration. But with others you can't do that, so you can register Voxalot as if it were your IP Phone, allowing incoming calls from those VSP. Think Voxalot as a PBX service.
Regards,
carlosalbffgomes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-24-2009, 11:04 AM   #3
sebastien

Thanks Carlos, then I do not understand how to proceed. I want to have each of us hooked to voxalot, using the same dialplan, etc ... is it possible to register 4 users on one voxalot account, basic or premium ?
Unread 03-24-2009, 11:50 AM   #4
sleek

sleek is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by sebastien View Post
... is it possible to register 4 users on one voxalot account, basic or premium ?
Technically yes. However, you may want to provide more information as to what you are trying to achieve.
sleek is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-24-2009, 02:43 PM   #5
sebastien

Hi Sleek,
Nothing more than this, have the 5 extensions of my office using the same dial plan ? not being called from outside, no passing communications ... very quiet user in fact
Thanks for your help
Unread 03-24-2009, 05:45 PM   #6
chatalot

chatalot is on a distinguished road

I was just about to post on a very similar topic but thought it may be better to add my experiences here and ask for help too.

I currently have voxalot set up on my PAP2 ATA at home and it has been working fine. port 5060 is forwarded to the ip of the PAP2 as I have had problems with the phone not ringing in the past and going straight to answerphone.

Even though the above port is forwarded, I am able to register a softphone and a nokia e series to the same voxalot account (same US server). I can make a call from all phones and all ring on an incoming call from my DID directed to my voxalot sip address so I can confirm that this works. This works whether the phones are on the same external IP or not or mixed.

My issue is that I cannot dial between the phones reliably. Sometimes I can call *010XXXXXX and the other registered phones ring. Other times it goes straight to voicemail. If I call my DID it always works but I want to do it direct over the Internet.

What is the official way to call another registration on the same account. I know I can have different accounts and call between them (voxalot-voxalot) and copy dialplans between them but what about making an incoming call ring all phones?

Is what I am trying to do possible or does it need Voxalot to implement extensions like they have on pbxes.

I have been thinking about moving the other way, from voxalot to pbxes but the comments about support put me off and I believe there was a problem with the Betamax FUP.

Anyone know how to get it working reliably?

Last edited by chatalot; 03-24-2009 at 05:52 PM.
chatalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-24-2009, 06:11 PM   #7
sebastien

Hello Chatalot,
With my little experience, I think you mix both of them, pbxes and voxalot. Their approach is totally different. With Voxalot, you do not have this "extensions" possible, like with pbxes. Pbxes is a pabx, i do not believe Voxalot is one, maybe a pabx for 1 person ? In my case my Gigaset 450IP can help me to have a very light pabx, enough for an office of 1 room, every one seing every one. Voila :-)
Unread 03-24-2009, 06:22 PM   #8
chatalot

chatalot is on a distinguished road

I have tried having pbxes register to my Voxalot account before. it owrked greatfor a while but every so often it kept answering my calls without ringing any of my extensions, Ithe caller got a message that "all circuits are busy". I gave up with it after that, it was great when it worked though - I especially liked the fact that you could route calls to classic fixed lines as extensions and they all ring together.
chatalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-25-2009, 04:44 PM   #9
sleek

sleek is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by sebastien View Post
Hi Sleek,
Nothing more than this, have the 5 extensions of my office using the same dial plan ? not being called from outside, no passing communications ... very quiet user in fact
Thanks for your help
This answer doesn't really cover your intentions, you have be more specific, even in lame terms.

Either way you could:

1. Register one free account, craft a dial plan and log in with this one user account from each of your locations.
2. Register 5 free user accounts, craft one dial plan, export it and then create an other 4 accounts and import the settings from the first account to the remaining 4, thus making them identical as far as making out going calls goes.

If you need 'extensions' for incoming calls for your 5 locations, you'll need something called PBX or hosted PBX.
sleek is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-25-2009, 11:29 PM   #10
sebastien

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleek View Post
1. Register one free account, craft a dial plan and log in with this one user account from each of your locations.
Thanks Sleek . In fact this is the one and my question is, if I do this, does 2 or 3 people from my organisation can call outside at the same time ?

I understood about the BPX. But we dont need line in. And your answer 2 is not realist for time, to maintain 4 dialplans, too much in fact.

Thanks again.