Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot General

Voxalot General Voxalot discussion, tips, tricks and suggestions. Talk about them here.

Unread 02-13-2009, 06:02 PM   #1
ataboy

ataboy is on a distinguished road
Default Translating speed dial star codes

I'm sure this has been covered before but from the searches I've made I haven't yet managed to get a fully working solution.

I want to set up a dialplan that translates regular digits to speed dial star codes. For example: 88 -> **, such that 887 when dialled will send **7.

The reason is that on occasion I use a DID towards PBXes as a callthrough in order to receive Voxalot dialtone, from where I dial onwards. PBXes interprets "*" as a clear-down instruction so I am unable to use the conventional Voxalot speed dial code.

When I set up a Voxalot dialplan in the form:
(Priority) _88. **${EXTEN:2} I am asked to choose a provider. Now, Voxalot appears in the provider list, but if I choose this the call fails.

I only need to use this function for those speed dials that point to SIP URIs. For any others I can create short codes in the dialplan.

Any ideas for a work-around?
ataboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2009, 11:12 PM   #2
kurun

kurun is a jewel in the roughkurun is a jewel in the rough

I tested the Pattern [_88x] with replacement as you indicated in the test field on the Dial plan page, and it worked correctly.

Maybe you have another conflicting rule and you need to re-order the priorities?
Did you test in the Smart Call / Dial Plan test field ?
kurun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-14-2009, 10:03 AM   #3
ataboy

Thanks for testing for me, kurun. I have made some changes and the results are intriguing.

1. I moved the line to Priority 1 to avoid any conflicts.
2. I changed the access code from 88 to 44 (PBXes uses digit 8 for conference calls).
3. I also changed the code slightly from _44. to _44x, as I see you had.

I had already done a Dial Plan Test, but I did another and saw "A call to:447 will get forwarded to **7 via Voxalot"

Then I tested it on a live call from a telephone directly registered with Voxalot. The call failed, with the message "Sorry, the number you have called could not be connected."

Next I tested it on a callthrough via PBXes. Again it failed, this time with the message "We're sorry, the speed dial number you dialled does not exist."

Curiouser and curiouser. . .
Unread 02-14-2009, 11:13 AM   #4
emoci

emoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to all

I remember testing this before (I wonder if I can track down the thread, here http://forum.voxalot.com/voxalot-sup...unction-2.html).

The gist of it is that:

-You cannot do the transformation from 884>>**4 via VoXalot dial plans. It seems the speed dials have a higher priority than the actual dial plan (this last part does not explain much though beyond the fact that it doesn't work)

-You can however accomplish this in PBXes, this is what I'd suggest:

-Add another trunk (even though you already have one) using your VoXalot details. Call it VoXSpeedDial for example (just for outgoing calls)
-Add and outbound route for this trunk, and under the dial plan section of the outbound route (Custom dial patterns) enter 44|x.
-Now under the Trunk settings for VoXSpeedDial, in the dial rules section enter **+x.

So the transformations are: You enter 44x >> Outbound route transforms it to x >>The trunk processes it as **x

Last edited by emoci; 02-14-2009 at 11:22 AM.
emoci is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-14-2009, 07:02 PM   #5
kurun

I suppose you could set up the dial plan directly to send the call to the specific number via selected provider, instead of going through the Dial plan to the Speed Dial set-up. I'm pretty sure that that works.

For example, set up a Dial Plan entry in your Voxalot account to translate 447 to 004412345678 via [Provider1].

If dialing another sip address, then you can use
1) sip:xxxxx@vspxxxxxx.xxx format, sent via Voxalot
2) Sip Broker format (*xxxxxxxxxx) sent via Voxalot or Sipbroker
3) Account ID sent via the Specific provider if listed in your account

The disadvantage is that you end up with a cluttered dial plan.
If you set up most of your entries to be length specific (ie. use exact length matching like _xxxx rather than _xxx. ), then the pseudo-speed dial entries can be at the bottom of you dial plan, without interfering with regular dialing plan entries.
Unread 02-14-2009, 07:41 PM   #6
ataboy

Thanks emoci. I've set it up as you suggested (and I gave the new outbound route priority).

Each time I dial the speed dial code I get "All circuits are busy now". Is that a PBXes message?

=====

kurun - I set it up using option 1) in your example (the SIP URI). Unfortunately that failed too. After a delay dialtone returned.

In both cases I tried with and without a # at the end.

Last edited by ataboy; 02-14-2009 at 09:49 PM. Reason: More information to add.
Unread 02-15-2009, 12:20 AM   #7
emoci

emoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by ataboy View Post
Thanks emoci. I've set it up as you suggested (and I gave the new outbound route priority).

Each time I dial the speed dial code I get "All circuits are busy now". Is that a PBXes message?

=====

kurun - I set it up using option 1) in your example (the SIP URI). Unfortunately that failed too. After a delay dialtone returned.

That is a PBXes message...but it usually occurs in response to a busy tone from VoXalot....

Hmmm...., something minor that we're ovelooking.... here's what I have setup and it's working (attached is my trunk and route setup)

Last edited by emoci; 02-15-2009 at 12:45 AM.
emoci is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2009, 07:15 AM   #8
kurun

Quote:
Originally Posted by ataboy View Post
I set it up using option 1) in your example (the SIP URI). Unfortunately that failed too. After a delay dialtone returned.

My apology, you are correct, Option 1 is not functional.

Option 2 via Sipbroker or Option 3 work (and I have tested them, this time.)

That would be as follows :

2) Sip Broker format (*xxxxxxxxxx) sent via Sipbroker
3) Account ID (tested both alpha-numeric and numeric IDs) sent via the Specific provider if listed in your account
Unread 02-15-2009, 09:40 AM   #9
ataboy

Thanks Toronto!

My set up is the same as yours emoci. I might uninstall and try again.

I haven't tried your options 2 & 3 kurun. I'm out for the day but I'll have a go tomorrow.
Unread 02-16-2009, 05:05 PM   #10
ataboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurun View Post

Option 2 via Sipbroker or Option 3 work (and I have tested them, this time.)

That would be as follows :

2) Sip Broker format (*xxxxxxxxxx) sent via Sipbroker
3) Account ID (tested both alpha-numeric and numeric IDs) sent via the Specific provider if listed in your account
Option 2 works fine for me and is a good workaround. Thanks!