Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot General

Voxalot General Voxalot discussion, tips, tricks and suggestions. Talk about them here.

Unread 03-11-2008, 05:26 PM   #1
ataboy

ataboy is on a distinguished road
Default Betamax FUP

Is anyone else getting Betamax FUP charges on calls through Voxalot? I seem to be getting them from time to time and I'm not sure why.

As they don't answer my emails I'm no nearer to finding out the reason. I thought the IP address problem had been solved, so I guess it can't be that.

ataboy
ataboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-11-2008, 07:21 PM   #2

191727 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ataboy View Post
Is anyone else getting Betamax FUP charges on calls through Voxalot? I seem to be getting them from time to time and I'm not sure why.

As they don't answer my emails I'm no nearer to finding out the reason. I thought the IP address problem had been solved, so I guess it can't be that.

ataboy
i am also getting FUP Exceded when using Betamax services. I didnt use 300 free minutes but still I am getting FUP and been charged. And this is happening only very recently. I guess there is something between betamax and voxalot. It might be that betamax is not willing to cooperate with voxalot anymore.

could someone (moderators) get in touch and explore what is happening? thanks in advance. we dont get any reply from betamax but hope to get reply from voxalot.
191727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-12-2008, 04:00 AM   #3
Tony

Tony is a jewel in the roughTony is a jewel in the roughTony is a jewel in the rough

hmm... interesting. I will make contact and see if Betamax has changed their policies.

I will keep you all posted.

Tony.
Tony is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-12-2008, 11:25 AM   #4
dimagiba

dimagiba is on a distinguished road

Same here. I only noticed this today when I happened to login to my Betamax web account but after a quick glance at my call list, it seems that the FUPs started popping up much earlier.

Then I noticed that I only get the FUPs with calls originating from my SPA-2000 that's registered to Voxalot. Calls from my softphone (which does not register with Voxalot) seem to be still free. If you now look at small print at their website, the 300 minute limit now applies not only per week but also per unique IP address (see direct quote below). Betamax considers all calls via Voxalot as originating from the same address. Is this the IP address issue that you mentioned?

Anyway, I tried registering my SPA to the US server instead of the AU server that I've been using for some time. Calls are free again but probably only until I use up the 300 minutes. Then I shift to the EU server for another 300 minutes. Then I'll probably get a SPA3102 so that I bypass the need for Voxalot and have a "unique" IP address all (or most of) the time. :-(

I hope that this is really not the case but if it is maybe Voxalot can mask its server's IP address and send the true originating IP address to the Betamax servers instead. I'm not sure if this can be done, though. For those of you who have static IPs, this probably won't help. :-(

"* Max 300 minutes per week of free calls, measured over the last 7 days and per unique IP address."
dimagiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-12-2008, 07:17 PM   #5
flaquadrat

flaquadrat is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ataboy View Post

ataboy
Hallo!
no "FUP" charges using Betamax Clones over "eu.voxalot.com" server.
Calls to free and not free destination are charged normaly.

... do You maybe use some Public Wifi Spot (share same IP address with many "Betamax" users)? ...

Regards,
Fla

Last edited by flaquadrat; 03-12-2008 at 07:19 PM.
flaquadrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-13-2008, 01:34 PM   #6
andy

andy will become famous soon enough

Do you notice it happening with only particular destinations?

Someone posted in the VB forum about calls to Finland ...
andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-13-2008, 11:07 PM   #7
trottm

trottm is on a distinguished road

For the past couple of weeks I have been geting the FUP messages through Voxalot. I tried PBXes and mysipswitch but all are affected the same. I wonder whether Martin can work his magic with them again?
trottm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-13-2008, 11:27 PM   #8
emoci

emoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by trottm View Post
For the past couple of weeks I have been geting the FUP messages through Voxalot. I tried PBXes and mysipswitch but all are affected the same. I wonder whether Martin can work his magic with them again?
I have had no issues with InternetCalls and VoXalot, however I have noticed that calls starting from MySipSwitch routed through VoXalot do produce FUP once in a while

Andy's also right, FUP is more common for calls to Italy and England for me, rarely happens with US/Canada
emoci is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-14-2008, 07:18 AM   #9
flaquadrat

flaquadrat is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by trottm View Post
Hallo!
No "FUP's" using VoipCheap and VoipBuster via eu.voxalot.com with SIP device Siemens 450 IP from Vienna, Austria.
I am calling mostly free destination's in Austria and Italy (landlines) - *no* FUP's . Calling mobile and not free destinations I have *no* FUP's to!
90% from my calls are after 19:00 and I am sending 2-3 SMS/day using Betamax Web Interface.

1) Problem with PBXES is well known and "old" (forum.voipbuster.com).
2) Please be more specific:
- which Voxalot server do you use (au,eu,us)
- which SIP device/configuration
- at home or student campus or hotel or public wifi spot
- do you notice FUP using Betamax Windows Interface or Web Interface (Pone 2 Phone, Web Callback) ?
- do you have problems only with specific destinations or all destinations or randomly or ...
- naturaly, free days and credit > 0 is required to ...

Regards,
Fla

Last edited by flaquadrat; 03-14-2008 at 07:23 AM.
flaquadrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-14-2008, 11:21 AM   #10
ataboy

ataboy is on a distinguished road

It's difficult to go back and check the precise circumstances of each call. However I will do so from now onwards and eliminate public WiFi spots and so on. Enough people seem to be saying that they have no problem to make me believe that it might at my end.

Thanks for your feedback!

ataboy
ataboy is offline   Reply With Quote