Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot General

Voxalot General Voxalot discussion, tips, tricks and suggestions. Talk about them here.

Unread 06-21-2007, 10:41 AM   #1
martin

martin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the rough
Default Cool VoIP Stuff

Over the last few months I have had the chance to play with many different VoIP routers, ATA's, soft phones, soft switches, soft clients and WiFi/Dual mode phones which has been interesting and alot of fun.

Today I was looking around for my next VoIP related toy to play with and struggled to find anything new and interesting.

As such I would like to invite members to share with the community details about any cool VoIP, video, mobile products or software you have come across.

Looking forward to seeing your replies.

Please post support questions on the forum. Do not send PMs unless requested.
martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-21-2007, 12:24 PM   #2
stezanos

stezanos is on a distinguished road

Martin,

The coolest thing is what is happening now. VoIP has become "invisible"! And we take it for granted, just as PSTN service. That's Cool!

And thanks to Voxalot for being a key player in this "invisibility"!

Best wishes,
Santiago
stezanos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-22-2007, 08:58 AM   #3
mgoebel

mgoebel is on a distinguished road
Default Gizmo Call's free local numbers

Real cool are Gizmo Call's free local numbers. I have great inbound numbers for free and enjoy it very much. The callers don't even know that it's VoIP. They just wonder how I can have a local number in their country.
mgoebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-22-2007, 10:57 AM   #4
dennisd345

dennisd345 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to dennisd345 Send a message via Skype™ to dennisd345
Default Magic Jack

Hi Martin,

I have been using the MagicJack for about two weeks now. This is going to revolutionize Voip in North America. You get Free Calling to All North American phones, A phone number that anyone can call, from any phone, Voice Mail, Call Waiting, Follow Me, etc. It is a Dongle and you plug it into a USB port and on the other end plug in a regular phone. You can use it on any computer, take it with you when you travel and the quality has been excellent! ... Also you can connect to any gateway in North America which means you can call anyone in the Voip community! All for one low yearly fee ...39.95 the first year and then 19.95 US $ after that.
dennisd345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-22-2007, 12:01 PM   #5
hust

hust is on a distinguished road
Default a cool VOIP toy

a cool VOIP toy,and i am going to buy one.

An USB Mouse VOIP phone!

It supports Betamax clons,Skype,and X-TAPI Lite/Pro(similar with X-Lite).
I have not tried it, but i think it supports Voxalot(with X-TAPI Lite/Pro).

here: BeyondTel---Mouse with VoIP Phone Feature

Last edited by hust; 06-22-2007 at 12:42 PM.
hust is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-24-2007, 12:10 PM   #6
yfm

yfm is on a distinguished road

Hust:
The mouse/phone is very cute. I like it. The only draw back is it will always remain dependant to your computer. I like my ATAs to be totally independent from my computer. Why they call it Skype mouse. Is it locked only to Skype? In reading the datasheet it says it "Seamlessly integrated with Skype, VoipButser, VoipStunt, VoIPCheap, VoipDiscount, SparVoip,
Internetcalls, poivY, WebCallDirect, VoipCheapCom, FreeCall and NetAppel. Does this mean it is restricted to these VSPs only?

My dream VoIP toy will be coming from Siemens. I only read an article about it. I did not see the actual device yet. It is all-in-one device that consist of ADSL wirless router with 4 RJ 45 additional LAN connection, SIP ATA and 5.8GHz PSTN analog telephone with extension capabilities. They are all integrated in one device for your home. I guess the 5.8 GHz telephone set will be capable of having video conferencing. All these features are not new to the industry. The new is building them all in one device for home use. I draw back of the all-in-one set is it will take away the fun of building such system from individual devices.

My second VoIP toy is to have my coming cellular telephone has SIP capability. I was thinking of a handled computer/telephone as my next purchase. Seeing all the hotspot all around the world makes it very tempting to have a SIP enabled cellular telephone espically for long waiting period at airports. I also read that if you turn on your WIFI at any place you will surprised of the number of networks you can log in. So regardless the hotspots, you will end up connected one way or another.

I guess the Nokia has it already in some of their telephones. The model I know is the E61. Any idea what other models or brand names?
yfm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-24-2007, 02:47 PM   #7
yfm

yfm is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Real cool are Gizmo Call's free local numbers. I have great inbound numbers for free and enjoy it very much. The callers don't even know that it's VoIP. They just wonder how I can have a local number in their country.
El_Condor:
Where are the free numbers in Gizmo and to which countries? I went to their site and nothing is for free unless I was looking in the wrong place.
yfm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-24-2007, 03:30 PM   #8
amroe

amroe is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to amroe Send a message via AIM to amroe Send a message via MSN to amroe Send a message via Yahoo to amroe Send a message via Skype™ to amroe
Smile Do You wont Somthing Cool !!!

do you wont to make free Calls from your mobile >>>>

http://www.rebtel.com

This is What is Cool in Voip
amroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-26-2007, 05:09 AM   #9
mimecine

mimecine is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by martin View Post
Over the last few months I have had the chance to play with many different VoIP routers, ATA's, soft phones, soft switches, soft clients and WiFi/Dual mode phones which has been interesting and alot of fun.
Well, until the Airport Extreme VoIP comes out (with updated gigabit-lan) why don't you tell us if any of the toys you played with stood out?

I agree though, more new fun voip stuff is on my wish list.
mimecine is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-29-2007, 08:24 AM   #10
mgoebel

mgoebel is on a distinguished road
Default How Gizmo Call's free local numbers work

Quote:
Originally Posted by yfm View Post
El_Condor:
Where are the free numbers in Gizmo and to which countries? I went to their site and nothing is for free unless I was looking in the wrong place.
You have to use https://www.gizmocall.com/ . For every call you make from this website they associate you a local number from the callee's country. So they can call you back at local prices.

It's recommended that you log in to this page with your account data from Gizmo project. So more and more local numbers get associated to your Gizmo account. Then you install your Gizmo account in Voxalot and receive calls from your friends.

The best thing to do is to use up the 5 minutes of free calls that Gizmocall gives you daily. Then you start ringing all your friends numbers. The call doesn't get trough, but the numbers get associated.

I managed to associate the same number to about 50 friends. Now it feels like I have my own free DID.
mgoebel is offline   Reply With Quote