Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 06-01-2008, 11:26 AM   #1

681208 is on a distinguished road
Default no outbound calls and inbound not reachable

Recently i wanted to use voxalot again after the issues with betamax and i read they were solved.

i installed my account in my router and tested * 500 and * 600 works fine

As i started calling out i receive the message we sorry the number you dialed could not be connected.

when i call in from a mobile to my number i'm not reachable. but this is the voicemail because later i receive an email that somebody left a message.

my dial plan is only outgoing calls through voipbuster No incoming dialplan made

Who knows the answer?

Last edited by 681208; 06-01-2008 at 04:14 PM.
681208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-01-2008, 04:36 PM   #2
emoci

emoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by 681208 View Post
Recently i wanted to use voxalot again after the issues with betamax and i read they were solved.

i installed my account in my router and tested * 500 and * 600 works fine

As i started calling out i receive the message we sorry the number you dialed could not be connected.

when i call in from a mobile to my number i'm not reachable. but this is the voicemail because later i receive an email that somebody left a message.

my dial plan is only outgoing calls through voipbuster No incoming dialplan made

Who knows the answer?
In terms of outgoing calls:
1. Make sure the dial plan in your ATA looks like : [x*][x*].
2. Make sure the VoXalot dialplan for VoIPBuster is properly setup (may need 00 added to the front)

In terms of incoming calls:
-I'd try simply powering down the ATA and restating
-If at all possible to use STUN on your ATA, please do so
-Make sure that your Proxy setting matches the cluster you've chosen in the account (the appropriate xx.voxalot.com server)

Also consider some of the notes here: http://forum.voxalot.com/voxalot-sup...html#post14452
emoci is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-02-2008, 05:51 PM   #3

I have no possibilities to put a dial plan in my ata. i have the speedtouch 716 WL.

i can program 2 different lines but only one sip provider.

with voxalot it doesn't work. In my attempt to make this work i had to reset the password from my provider speedlinq and i was forced to put the voipbuster initialisationsettings in my router in.

I wondered no problem at all.
The same goes for my own sip provider.

But as soon as i put in the voxalot settings in the router is cannot be reached and cannot call out

i dont understand which settings you mean in my router.
Unread 06-02-2008, 10:33 PM   #4
emoci

emoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to all

Quote:
I have no possibilities to put a dial plan in my ata. i have the speedtouch 716 WL.

i can program 2 different lines but only one sip provider.

with voxalot it doesn't work. In my attempt to make this work i had to reset the password from my provider speedlinq and i was forced to put the voipbuster initialisationsettings in my router in.

I wondered no problem at all.
The same goes for my own sip provider.

But as soon as i put in the voxalot settings in the router is cannot be reached and cannot call out

i dont understand which settings you mean in my router.
Ok,

Well I assumed you had an ATA and a Router, the SpeedTouch is sort of a hybrid ATA/Router/Modem all in one.

This is the SIP Setup I'd suggest:

Proxy Address: us.voxalot.com (make sure that this matches your cluster, check this when logged into VoXalot under member details, it may also be eu.voxalot.com or au.voxalot.com)
Port: 5060
Registrar Address: voxalot.com
Port: 5060
URI: 6 digit VoXalot number
User Name: 6 digit VoXalot number
Password: Your Password
Assign: As you need it (not important)

Under your Menus, you have a Game and Application Sharing setting, I am not familiar with the SpeedTouch, but if there are any options to open and forward ports, it'll be there...
Unread 06-03-2008, 12:02 PM   #5

Thx Emoci,

i will go and try these settings. Will let you know
Unread 06-03-2008, 05:06 PM   #6

is it correct that outcalling through voxalot in the basic mode is still possible but incoming is not?
Unread 06-04-2008, 02:09 PM   #7
emoci

Quote:
is it correct that outcalling through voxalot in the basic mode is still possible but incoming is not?
With a basic account you can make calls to other VoXalot members and use Third Party Providers to make calls.

In terms of incoming, you can receive calls if someone was to call your VoXalot acct. directly, what you cannot do is register a Third Party Provider so it rings your VoXalot acct. when someone calls the number associated with the Third Party Provider directly