Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 04-14-2009, 01:07 AM   #1
newxgate

newxgate is on a distinguished road
Default Web Callback not working ?

I just upgraded from a Basic account to Voxlite. I tried using the Web callback feature after I upgraded. It was working fine up until around 2.00 pm EST, then it suddenly stopped working, by which I mean neither number would be connected, eventually the web page returns with a message saying 'We're sorry. We are unable to complete your calls' . According to the call records log in Voxalot there is ' no answer' from the destination phone number.

I am using two VSP's with the web callback - Sipphone (Gizmo) and Inphonex. I have tried the callback using both my Dialplan and manually selecting the VSP's. Outgoing calls work fine for both VSP's when I use them via ATA (still using Voxalot as the gateway).

Not sure if it is related but I have also been unable to register either of these two VSP's with Voxalot despite the upgrade to Voxlite.

Update at 9.37 PM EST. Seems to be related to the server location - Web Callback and VSP registration works fine when I changed my preferred server from us.voxalot to au.voxalot.

FWIW here is the traceroute to us.voxalot.com at 9.45 EST :

Tracing route to us.voxalot.com [64.34.173.199]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 3 ms 2 ms 3 ms 192.168.2.1
2 13 ms 12 ms 12 ms 10.1.82.1
3 14 ms 12 ms 13 ms so-2-1-3-0.CORE-RTR1.RES.verizon-gni.net [130.81
.7.93]
4 14 ms 12 ms 12 ms so-6-0-0-0.RES-BB-RTR1-RE1.20.81.130.in-addr.arp
a [130.81.20.16]
5 15 ms 14 ms 15 ms 0.ge-4-2-0.BR2.IAD8.ALTER.NET [152.63.32.141]
6 18 ms 16 ms 22 ms 204.255.168.30
7 967 ms 19 ms 19 ms cr1.wswdc.ip.att.net [12.122.135.14]
8 17 ms 17 ms 17 ms gar1.ascva.ip.att.net [12.122.135.129]
9 18 ms 16 ms 20 ms 12.118.44.50
10 * * * Request timed out.
11 * * * Request timed out.
12 19 ms 17 ms 18 ms premium.voxalot.com [64.34.173.199]

Trace complete.

Last edited by newxgate; 04-14-2009 at 01:46 AM.
newxgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-14-2009, 06:41 AM   #2
Juste

Juste is on a distinguished road
Default No Web Call Back

I do confirm the Web Call Back is not working.

Can you Voxalot guys look into it ?
Juste is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-14-2009, 01:30 PM   #3
kurun

kurun is a jewel in the roughkurun is a jewel in the rough

Actually it seems to be working for me.
I can set up a call between my Voxalot account and my mobile.
If you are still having difficulties, perhaps you can check the VSPs involved in each leg of the Web Callback, and/or post more details.
kurun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-14-2009, 03:20 PM   #4
Juste

Juste is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurun View Post
If you are still having difficulties, perhaps you can check the VSPs involved in each leg of the Web Callback, and/or post more details.
It still does not.
Something is wrong on Voxalot's side.
It used to work fine. I did not change anything.
Juste is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-14-2009, 03:30 PM   #5
newxgate

newxgate is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurun View Post
Actually, if you read my post again you will see that I already checked that the VSPs work for outgoing calls when I use Voxalot through my ATA.

Also, you will see from my post that Web callback works fine, at least for me,if I set my preferred server to .au. So logic would suggest that the problem is related to the server rather than the configuration of my VSPs. Especially since, according to the status page, there is now official acknowledgement of a problem with one of the US servers.

Anyway, here are my VSP settings, if that helps any :

Sequence 1
Description gizmo5
Fromuser xxxxxxx7674
Fromdomain proxy01.sipphone.com
Host proxy01.sipphone.com
Port 5060
Username xxxxxxx7674
Codecs ulaw;alaw;g726;g729;ilbc;gsm
Active Yes
Register Peer No
Register Status -
Reinvite No

Sequence 2
Description inphoneX
Fromuser xxx500
Fromdomain sip.inphonex.com
Host sip.inphonex.com
Port 5060
Username xxx500
Codecs ulaw;alaw;g726;g729;ilbc;gsm
Active Yes
Register Peer No
Register Status -
Reinvite No
newxgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-14-2009, 04:08 PM   #6
markk

markk is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by newxgate View Post
. . .
Update at 9.37 PM EST. Seems to be related to the server location - Web Callback and VSP registration works fine when I changed my preferred server from us.voxalot to au.voxalot. . .
[/size][/font]
The us.voxalot does not work since yesterday. It is obvious that the problem is larger than people at Voxalot can handle - it is just not acceptable that there are ANY outages especially for the mainstream users that pay for the service. If the company lost grip of the situation and can not fix the problem in a timely manner it should farm out the services to someone else while it is working on finding the problem and making sure it never happens again.

There are many other companies that have the resources and can handle the traffic that Voxalot has with no problem. In a meantime they don't even have to do that - they can reroute the traffic to the other servers that work. They could experiment with shutting-off the services several years ago when the service was in beta. Even now they can experiment on the free side of the service but interrupting service to users that pay for the service is just not acceptable in 2009 especially when there is a number of simple solutions that could reroute the affected traffic to other servers that work.

All the affected users should be automatically rerouted to another server immediately every time there is a problem with a server. It is 2009 and there is just no reason to ask the users themselves to reregister with another working server. I have trouble understanding why the company would do that to any of its users but at the very least the mainstream users that pay for the service should not be subjected to any service loss while the company decides to shut the server down for any reason during the business hours. This is just stupid - you can work on the affected server as long as it takes - in this case it is hours and now days but before you are doing that you should reroute the service to another server.

Besides, it seems that the existing Voxalot business model does not work well so maybe it is time to completely rearrange the service and maybe forget about routing the voice calls at all and do something similar to SipSwitch - actually this would solve the 99.999% of the problems that Voxalot has. They do not have to change it for everybody immediately but at least allow the users that pay for the service to stay OUT of the problem-prone Voxalot servers, at least till Voxalot lot can FIND the problem and make sure it NEVER happens again.

mk
markk is offline   Reply With Quote