Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 09-06-2008, 01:22 PM   #1
thaer

thaer is on a distinguished road
Default plaes help

I bought account from the site voxalot
When I try to start a phone process fail
I do not know why

Please help me
thaer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-06-2008, 04:06 PM   #2
DracoFelis

DracoFelis is a jewel in the roughDracoFelis is a jewel in the rough
Default We can only help if/when we have DETAILS of your problem!

VoIP is done by using streaming internet data, and (like virtually all streaming internet data) there are many things that could potentially go wrong with it. However, you have only said that it doesn't work, without giving us any info on what software/equipment/etc you are using, and how you are attempting to set it up, or any info about your ISP (all of which are key facts in trying to track down which problem(s) you may be having).

BTW: Why did you sign up for a premium (for pay) account before verifying that your equipment (or computer software) can properly connect with VoXaLot? Why didn't you just sign up for a free account, and upgrade to premium later after you have verified that you like the service, and that basic communication was working correctly?

So beyond pointing you to the FAQ ( Main Page - Voxalot FAQ ), there isn't much that anyone can help you with at this point. If the info in the FAQ doesn't answer your questions, please come back with some real info as to what you are attempting, so that others will have a clue as to were to start in helping you with your problems.

For example, how about answers to the following questions as a start:

What VoIP adapter (or computer program) are you using to try to make the calls with, and how do you have it setup?

Where were you trying to call? If it's a normal land line, what provider did you setup in VoXaLot to make the call, and how did you set that provider up (and with which VoXaLot dial plan entries)? Remember, except for toll free call (in some countries), VoXaLot (even the premium service) only does VoIP to VoIP (VoIP adapters on both sides of the call) UNLESS you sign up for, configure, and independently pay for, some VoIP to normal telco VoIP service. VoXaLot will give you tools to integrate with such a service (if you buy such a service from a 3rd party), but VoXaLot doesn't sell such services itself.

Have you tried basic test calls? For example, what happens when you try calling the echo test? i.e. calling: *600

What sort of router (if any) does your LAN use, and how is that setup? This is important info, as some routers (in their default configuration) have been known to block some VoIP traffic because it looks (to the router) as if it was an internet attack (which it isn't, but many routers are too dumb, in their default configuration, to tell the difference).

You get the idea. The thing is, VoXaLot is a service that is designed to put YOU in control, and integrate with YOUR equipment. Many of us like that level of control over our phones. But the flip side of this, is that (because you are in control) YOU are also responsible for your end of the equipment/software, and configuring everything to work correctly (these forums can assist you in that, but it's still your responsibility to set things up correctly for your needs). So if you just expect it to work "out of the box" (with no setup effort on your part), you probably signed up for the wrong service (and would likely be much happier with traditional phone service, than a VoIP service that requires you to set things up as you would like them to be).

Last edited by DracoFelis; 09-06-2008 at 04:09 PM.
DracoFelis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-06-2008, 07:09 PM   #3
thaer

thanks for your repaly

i am new user in this sit and when i see the sit i try to sign up in this sit and i thought just when i am sign up i can make call .

so i wnat to Communicate with you to help me how can i setup all thing to be Ready to use .Step by step]

Please help

i am in a premium (VoxExtreme) .
what is mean providers and from where can i Get it .free or not???

thanks
Unread 09-06-2008, 09:18 PM   #4
DracoFelis

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaer View Post
i am new user in this sit and when i see the sit i try to sign up in this sit and i thought just when i am sign up i can make call .
It sounds like you are a novice that signed up for a service (that is not normal phone service, and isn't advertised as such) and just expected it to work like "normal phone service", without reading the details of what the service is, and more importantly what it is NOT, first. I highly recommend that you start by reading the VoXaLot FAQ at this link, to get a better idea as to what VoXaLot is and is not, and how you might use it (or if the service will even meet your needs at all):
Main Page - Voxalot FAQ

In more detailed terms you need the following to "make a call":

1) An account (obviously this is what you signed up for).

2) An ISP that doesn't block "VoIP" (Voice Over IP, or "Internet Phone" services), and which has the needed bandwidth (i.e. is fast enough, i.e. has at least 100k speed in both directions). As many internet users are on broadband (i.e. "fast") internet, you likely have this. But we can't know for sure without knowing your ISP, and internet plan, and without you running some tests to make sure that your ISP leaves the needed "ports" open for this application.

3) You need either VoIP software running on a computer with sound card and headset (or microphone and speakers), or you need a VoIP hardware adapter that you plug your own phone into. Many of us prefer the hardware adapter as the sound quality is generally better (and they are easier to use), but the choice is yours. The advantage of the computer software, is that it can even be "free" to get (as some VoIP software can be legally downloaded off the internet for no cost). OTOH while the VoIP hardware costs a bit (however, if you carefully hunt around, you can get decent single line VoIP equipment for well under $100 US), the VoIP equipment often has better sound quality and will often work even when your computer (but not your internet connection) is shut down (i.e. just as a Playstation or XBox gaming console can connect to the internet without requiring your normal PC to be up/running, a true "stand alone" VoIP adapter can do the same and also doesn't need your PC up/running to "talk on the phone").

4) You need to configure all your software/hardware, and your VoXaLot account to act as you wish, and verify that the connections are working. In particular, you need to configure your VoIP hardware/software to use your VoXaLot account to make/receive "calls".

5) And even steps 1-4 will only get you "toll free" (800 numbers, etc) and free VoIP to VoIP calls (i.e. free calls with others that have done the same). To call normal phones, you will also have to sign up with any one of hundreds (or is that thousands?) of other companies that sell VoIP to normal telco service for a small fee (or in VoXaLot lingo, sign up for a "provider", and configure that other service with your VoXaLot account). For example, one "phone card" company I use has VoIP to (USA48) phones as an optional 2.5 cents per minute service (and I have set that phone card account up to work with the VoXaLot account of a relative with her own apartment).

NOTE: It's fairly easy to get VoIP to outbound USA long distance for 2 cents per minute or less, if you shop around. It's just I was in a hurry when I setup my relative's VoIP account, and I was already signed up for that 2.5 cents per minute account/service (as I use that same account for my "phone card" when traveling). So by using that account for her calls, I didn't have the delay/hassle of signing up for some other service, and waiting to get that other account "active" before she could use her "phone" (to make "normal" calls). However, I'll probably (sign up for and) switch her VoXaLot account to use a "cheaper" (lower per minute costs for calls) service at some point, especially if she starts making a lot of phone calls via that VoIP phone.

Quote:
so i wnat to Communicate with you to help me how can i setup all thing to be Ready to use .Step by step]
VoXaLot allows so many options, that there isn't a one size fits all "step by step". The closest that VoXaLot has to a step by step is the VoXaLot FAQ ( Main Page - Voxalot FAQ ) and these forums.

Now, that said, if you can get to the point where VoIP to VoIP calls work, I would be happy to call you (voice) from my VoIP phone (if you let me know what your VoXaLot account number is, and when is a good time to call you). However, such free "internet calls" won't work until you get to the point where you have a working VoIP adapter (or computer running VoIP software) setup sufficiently that you can make and receive free calls over the internet.

Quote:
i am in a premium (VoxExtreme) .
Again, I ask why? You seem so new to this (i.e. seem to miss the most basic parts of what this service is and more importantly what it is not), that I'm wondering why you signed up. What did you think you were getting?

Quote:
what is mean providers and from where can i Get it .free or not???
Again read the FAQ ( Main Page - Voxalot FAQ ) and then come back with followup questions, vs expecting volunteers (such as myself) to answer the most basic of questions for you, when documentation on the basics is already in the FAQ!

But to partially answer your question, VoIP (and VoXaLot specifically) is INTERNET PHONE not "normal" telephone service, and you shouldn't confuse the two. With VoIP (Internet Phone) you are no more dealing with the real phone network than you are dealing with real radio waves when you listen to "internet radio", you are just dealing with a service that sometimes mimics real phone service (just as "internet radio" can mimic the kind of service you get out of a real radio station). And the infrastructure to make this work more smoothly (including making it easy to call or be called by others with similar setups "for free") is some of what you are getting with your VoXaLot account.

Now the above is background. Since people also want to talk to "real phones" (and be able to be called by people on the normal telco), there are companies (and VoXaLot isn't one of them, so don't expect this service from VoXaLot itself) that will (for a fee to that company) link your VoIP ("internet phone") to the "real phone network". And it is those third party services that are known to your VoXaLot account as "providers". For example, a phone card service (which had a VoIP option) I signed up for, I want and setup as a "provider" in my relative's VoXaLot account (so that she could make "normal" phone calls for 2.5 cents per minute, billed to my calling card account), and not just be limited to calling others with VoIP equipment (or software). But VoXaLot itself doesn't offer such "normal phone" calling services, it just gives you tools to integrate such services into what you already get with your VoXaLot account (so that you can use more than one such service from a single "internet phone").

Last edited by DracoFelis; 09-06-2008 at 09:20 PM.
Unread 09-07-2008, 02:50 AM   #5
thaer

thanks for you

now i need one thing
i am need your help .how can get Voice Service Provider be good and Cheap .

i am tried to get Voice Service Provider but i am could not do.

>>>>
Unread 09-07-2008, 03:53 AM   #6
DracoFelis

Quote:
now i need one thing
i am need your help .how can get Voice Service Provider be good and Cheap .
I'm someone who likes to help out, and realizes that everyone is new at some point. So I'm trying to help out the new person, that seems to be lost.

However, keep in mind I'm NOT paid support here, I'm just a volunteer helping out. And like most people helping out of the goodness of their hearts, I get a little tired when people seem too lazy to do any of their own "homework", and expect me to spend my time to hand everything to them on a silver platter.

In many ways VoXaLot is more like a "kit" that allows you to build the VoIP "phone" service of your choice, than a complete "it just works" service from some telephone company. If you need a complete "it just works, no effort on my part" phone service, then you need to buy that service from the phone companies that traditionally sell such service!

And the other thing that makes helping you difficult, is every time you ask a question you always fail to give us anywhere near enough info to give you a specific answer. And even when I ask you important questions about your setup, you just ignore those questions and move on to ask yet more "open ended" questions that are next to impossible to answer without getting specific (which you fail to do). For example, since "good" is subjective (and you haven't given us your definition of what "good service" in this context means to you), and "cheap" depends a LOT of where you are calling and how often (and you didn't give us any of that info either), we really can't answer your question!!!

So I will just leave you with a link to the VoXaLot provider reviews. This is in no ways the definitive list of VoIP providers (many providers are NOT on that list), nor are the providers on this list necessarily the right choices for you (you have to make that decision on your own). However, providers on that list have all been reviewed by at least one VoXaLot member, so those reviews are at least one place to start when initially trying to search for VoIP providers that might meet your needs:
Voxalot - Global Provider Index

NOTE: Your previous posts all suggested that you don't have any VoIP connectivity, and you haven't even worked at getting the most basic level of VoXaLot service working. Is that correct (and if not, what do you have working?)?

And if it is correct, my advance is to slow down and get basic VoIP services working first, before buying yet more services that you may or may not be able to get working. After all, advanced features of VoXaLot (such as the ability to add providers, and customize your dial plan) are built upon the basic services working first. So until/unless you get the services you already have signed up for working, you are IMHO wasting your money buying yet more services. i.e. take it "one step at a time", and get the basic stuff working, before you spend more money on the advanced stuff, even if/when the advanced stuff is what you eventually want to use!
Unread 09-07-2008, 04:09 AM   #7
thaer

am new to this area of ignorance in many things
And tried to read the FAQ site, but I did not come to a solution
I did not mean I ignore information that gives

Sorry

Thanks
Unread 09-07-2008, 04:37 AM   #8
thaer

I am now able to obtain service provider and I was able to obtain user name and password
I have a combination of service provider voice and the situation (Registered)

I went to Smart Call List (Dial Plans) Add the definition I provided

When I do a communication is not communication
Unread 09-07-2008, 04:42 AM   #9
thaer

Unread 09-07-2008, 10:39 AM   #10
majo

majo is on a distinguished road

Hi,
You seem to be from arab country. UAE block voip, so you need to over come that issue. From which country you are & where you want to call?
Have set up dialplan in voxalot?
which number you want to call & how you are calling?
Are you using WebCallback or dialing from any phone?

how you r trying to communicate?

Pls. try to be more specific of your problem.
From you short problem discription, no one can understand what is your problem & what you are trying to do.
If you are new, you have to learn & customise yourself.

Regards.

majo
majo is offline   Reply With Quote