Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 06-12-2006, 06:17 AM   #31
reader

reader is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron
It seems pretty clear that you're tangled up between these two servers somehow if operation is normal when voxalot.com is down.
Ron
Thanks Ron. That does sound like the right track but both the member details and the sip registration in the ATA were/are both set to voxalot.com.au

SIP Proxy: voxalot.com.au
SIP Proxy port: 5060
SIP Proxy Domain: voxalot.com.au
Register Expire Time: 3600
VoIP Phone Number: 523004
Auth. ID: 523004
Auth. Password: ******

Member details -
Preferred Server (for SIP registrations): voxalot.com.au
I'm using Pennytel and Sipme and have tried registering my voxalot account to Pennytel but it makes no difference if registered or not.
Also made up a new voxalot account (my sister will use web callback with it) and tried that with same result.

We can survive of course registered direct to the VSP without dial plans but only just.. now I've seen what dial plans can do!
reader is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-12-2006, 06:32 AM   #32
Oigle05

Oigle05 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by affinity
Try prefixing the numbers with 61 or stopping ENUM from resolving to a US number... using advanced dial plans.
Tried 61 before number - same result. The ENUM lookup has 61 before the number and if I remove it the test shows it being sent to an American number, so the 61 is replaced, 1300's ok, 1800's busy!!
Oigle05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-12-2006, 07:09 AM   #33
Ron

Ron will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by reader
That does sound like the right track but both the member details and the sip registration in the ATA were/are both set to voxalot.com.au
Reader,

Do you have the same problem if your prefered server and ATA are set to voxalot.com? Do you have access to another ATA (especially another model) or a softphone that you could try (there are free ones available for download)? I don't believe anyone else has reported this problem, so we need to find another clue.

Ron
Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-12-2006, 09:25 AM   #34
xcaliba

xcaliba is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron
Multiple VoXaLot SIP registrations are permitted and appear to work exactly as you (and I) hope they would.

I've had both channels of a PAP2 registered to the same VoXaLot number for some time. Incoming calls alternately ring both extensions. The first one picked up gets the call. As far as I can tell, the two extensions can be used in any combination for incoming and outgoing calls.

Ron
I have this set up now but only one phone rings, the one registered to line 1. I can pick up either extn and talk if the phone on line 1 rings and I can make calls from both successfully. Also if I am on an outgoing call on line 1 line 2 will actually ring for an incomming call. Any ideas? I am using a spa2100 with a real internet address so no nat issues.
xcaliba is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-12-2006, 10:31 AM   #35
reader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron
Do you have the same problem if your prefered server and ATA are set to voxalot.com? Do you have access to another ATA (especially another model) or a softphone..
I switched back to voxalot.com (including in 'member details') but can't get that to ring at all now, just the busy tones. (I used to use it before the .au one, no problem.)

I don't have access to another ATA but the softphone is a good idea I hadn't thought of. Can't do it before the weekend but you have given me something to work on thanks Ron. Hope to post back with results.

Cheers, Jeff
Unread 06-12-2006, 10:58 AM   #36
dontknowalot

dontknowalot is on a distinguished road
Default Requirement

I'm not sure if this is currently available with Dial Plans;
If I set up two plans that are identical except they connect to two different Service Providers will the lower priority plan be executed if the connection to the service provider in the initially executed plan fails ?
I hope I have explained this clearly, it would be a very nice way of providing a graceful failover service.

e.g.
Assume Vbuzzer is the my main provider but if they are off-line I would route my calls through Wengo.
dontknowalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-12-2006, 11:13 AM   #37
Ron

Quote:
Originally Posted by xcaliba
I have this set up now but only one phone rings, the one registered to line 1. I can pick up either extn and talk if the phone on line 1 rings and I can make calls from both successfully. Also if I am on an outgoing call on line 1 line 2 will actually ring for an incomming call. Any ideas? I am using a spa2100 with a real internet address so no nat issues.
My guess is that it's a setting in your ATA somewhere. In searching for a clue in my PAP2, I discovered a 'Synchronized Ring' setting which was set to No. When I changed it to Yes, both lines ring in unison now (I actually like that a bit better). Since you can answer either line, both must be being called. My only experience is with PAP2's, so I don't know how much an SPA-2100 might differ. Look over all the possible settings and see if anything jumps out as a candidate to change.

Ron
Unread 06-12-2006, 11:17 AM   #38
Ron

Quote:
Originally Posted by reader
I switched back to voxalot.com (including in 'member details') but can't get that to ring at all now, just the busy tones. (I used to use it before the .au one, no problem.)
Jeff,

Keep in mind that changing servers may take an hour or so for everything to work properly again. Existing SIP registrations (which are typically one hour) have to have time to expire on their own.

Ron
Unread 06-12-2006, 11:56 AM   #39
reader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron
Jeff,
Keep in mind that changing servers may take an hour or so for everything to work properly again.
Thanks, I think that may be why my test of voxalot.com failed. Will try again and allow generous time.
Unread 06-13-2006, 03:16 AM   #40
ctylor

ctylor will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorge
For what I see from this forum, some providers can't be registered in Voxalot because they have unusual requirements, such as caller ID and outbound proxy.

Maybe some providers which seem to be Voxalot incompatible, like Voicestick, could work if there was a way to add some lines like this. I could really use a local number in Los Angeles from them.
That's a really great proposal, if Voxalot can handle that depth of individualization per account (and per registration!).

If that is implemented, then we could add tips and tricks (and the suggested exact Asterisk-type string needed) on the tutorial pages for getting specific SIP providers--like Voicestick--to work through Voxalot. The advantage for that is saving Martin and the other owners/admins of Voxalot from figuring out how to get all the SIP servers to work with behind the scene tweaks and letting the forum community to do it for them.
ctylor is offline   Reply With Quote