Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 06-27-2008, 05:47 PM   #1
silverwing

silverwing is on a distinguished road
Default Gizmo Project Call-In incoming to Voxalot voicemail

Hi,

I have a Gizmo phone number that has paid incoming/outgoing; however, Gizmo doesn't have a number I can dial in to retrieve my voice mail -> the only way I can acces my voice mail through Gizmo is if I'm sitting in front of my computer.

I got the above Gizmo number only to receive voice mail, it isn't networked to any adapter.

I setup a paid account at Voxalot that receives voice mail and all I want Gizmo/Voxalot to do is the following:

When anybody calls my Gizmo number I want the calls routed to my Voxalot voice mail, and then I would like for an SMS message to be sent to my cell phone letting me know I've received a call. Of course, I will then call my Voxalot email access number and listen to my message.

Is this possible via Gizmo/Voxalot?

Although I've setup both accounts as best I can, I'm not getting voice mails sent to my Voxalot account. Oh, BTW, I'm a fair-to-middling tech person, a small amount of spoon feeding might be necessary.

I thank you for your help.

Last edited by silverwing; 06-27-2008 at 05:51 PM.
silverwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-27-2008, 11:06 PM   #2
emoci

emoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverwing View Post
Hi,

I have a Gizmo phone number that has paid incoming/outgoing; however, Gizmo doesn't have a number I can dial in to retrieve my voice mail -> the only way I can acces my voice mail through Gizmo is if I'm sitting in front of my computer.

I got the above Gizmo number only to receive voice mail, it isn't networked to any adapter.

I setup a paid account at Voxalot that receives voice mail and all I want Gizmo/Voxalot to do is the following:

When anybody calls my Gizmo number I want the calls routed to my Voxalot voice mail, and then I would like for an SMS message to be sent to my cell phone letting me know I've received a call. Of course, I will then call my Voxalot email access number and listen to my message.

Is this possible via Gizmo/Voxalot?

Although I've setup both accounts as best I can, I'm not getting voice mails sent to my Voxalot account. Oh, BTW, I'm a fair-to-middling tech person, a small amount of spoon feeding might be necessary.

Well the ideal situation would be:

-You SIP Register Gizmo in VoXalot (see here for a guide Configuring Provider Settings - Voxalot FAQ )
-You activate VoiceMail in VoXalot

The only thing I see as a bit of trouble is that VoXalot will not send SMS as notification, but it can send an EMail

In VoXPremium version you can get your VoiceMail in one of these ways:
-Your VoiceMail is attached to the email (so you can listen to it that way)
-You can log in online and download it from there and listen to it,
-You can call one of the SipBroker access numbers, dial *010*500 when prompted, the VM system will then ask for your MailBox number (this is your 6 digit VoXalot number) and your Pin

Do keep us updated how things go....
emoci is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-28-2008, 02:50 AM   #3
silverwing

Hi Emoci,

Problem solved!

I configured Gizmo to forward all my calls to my voxalot sip uri and my voicemail is working like a dream.

Last edited by silverwing; 06-28-2008 at 02:57 AM.
Unread 06-30-2008, 07:52 PM   #4
gizmoace

gizmoace is on a distinguished road
Default Other Solutions

Glad you've got it working

There are a couple of other suggestions I can offer as well.
  1. Change your Gizmo registered email address: Gizmo sends your voicemails as a wav file so you can be notified and listen to your voicemails anywhere you can receive email including the the email to sms address provided by some mobile phone service providers.
  2. Forward on no answer: This way Gizmo can still ring while logged in but forward to Voxalot if you are not in front of you computer. If not online with Gizmo, it will forward direct.
  3. Receive calls on your mobile: Some mobile phones such as the Nokia n95 and allows you to configure a sip account for sending and receiving voip calls over wifi. If you have Gizmo configured and logged in, you can call 611 from your mobile to get to your voicemail.
  4. Setup a Gizmo Vmail Dialplan: Set up a Voxalot dialplan so that when you dial 611, use your Gizmo account to place the call. This will connect you to your Gizmo voicemail.
gizmoace is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-01-2008, 07:13 PM   #5
silverwing

Hi Gizmoace,

Thanks for the help. Yeah, if I had the Nokia phone it would be sweet. However, when out on job calls I dial in and check my voxalot voice mail at lunch time. Then, when I get home I check my email...so far, so good.

The account was setup to relay information about one of my businesses and I just wanted to be sure of the nature of the incoming call...don't wanna offer apples to someone looking for oranges type of a deal.

Thanks!