Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 01-12-2008, 12:51 PM   #1
wsmaal

wsmaal is on a distinguished road
Default Can't be connected?

I have read that accessing my (basic) voxalot voicemail via a regular (PSTN) phone is possible.

If I call the SIP Broker PSTN access number (ixcall.net), enter the Voxalot SIP-Code *010500 or *031500, my voxalot number and pass code, then I get the message: can't be connected, please try again (voicemail is active). What do I wrong?
wsmaal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-12-2008, 03:22 PM   #2
kurun

kurun is a jewel in the roughkurun is a jewel in the rough

There is a note on the SipBroker website regarding Ixcall to "Wait for second tone"
The sequence you are dialling looks correct assuming you are waiting for the system prompts.

Failure to connect may be due to the end point not recognizing the dial tones correctly.
This may be a problem of the phone used. Wired high quality phones seem to yield better results as compared to cordless phones. Or it may be a problem of the phone connection going through a business PABX and/or through the PSTN network.

Slow deliberate dialing with a very defined gap between the numbers also helps sometimes.
kurun is offline   Reply With Quote