Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 09-05-2007, 02:33 AM   #11
emoci

emoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by shezad View Post
Well i tried it now, but i could not make it working.

I made a new voxalot account and a new pbxes account.

In pbxes account i went to siptrunk wrote down the new voxalot account information afterwards went to incomming rute and added a new sip trunk again this time with voipdiscount (Betamax product) and outbound route i typed x.

when i use sipbroke access number and dial the voxalot number i just get busy tone.

Can someone explain this one more time how it works with just voxalot and voipbuster or voipdiscount product registered.
Follow the Guide step by step (the illustrations should help)... but I think you went wrong at Inbound Routing.

Quick Summary:

-Under Trunks create two trunks (VoXalot new account, and VoipDiscount)
1. VoXalot Trunk, set register for both inbound and outbound
2. VoipDiscount just for outbound

-Under Inbound Roting create a route with the exact same name as the VoXalot trunk, and point it to call through

-Under Outbound routing, create an outbound route using VoipDiscount (dial plan: X. )
emoci is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-06-2007, 03:36 AM   #12
richard99

richard99 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by emoci View Post
Try these 2/3 things:

3. The Problem with Speed Dial is that you gotta dial **xxx, PBXes considers * as if you want to start dialing fresh ( so set up a dial plan line like this eg. 88|**+X.) so when dialing speed dial, if you use that example, instead of **300 you would dial 88300
(you don't have to use 88, or even two digits, but pick something to put before the vertical line that will tell the system to replace it with **, so this 9|**+X. would work too, so for **300 you would dial 9300)
The speed dial works fine, but only problem can not dial out any other number 1-xxx-xxx-xxxx, all should be via Speed dial format. any suggestion in dial plan to take care of straight dialing.
richard99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-06-2007, 03:44 AM   #13
emoci

emoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by richard99 View Post
The speed dial works fine, but only problem can not dial out any other number 1-xxx-xxx-xxxx, all should be via Speed dial format. any suggestion in dial plan to take care of straight dialing.
I thought this was working before....

Let's assume the only outgoing route you are using is VoXalot, then set this up in DIAL PLANS under outbound routing:

8|**+X. (or whatever you are using to get SpeedDial to work)
X. (This should take care of everything else)

Keep in ming that the way you dial has to conform with your VoXalot Dial Plans since you are sending calls through VoXalot.

Also, when you are done entering a number to avoid holding for too long enter # at the end...
Unread 09-07-2007, 05:57 AM   #14
richard99

1st of speed dial to work, it has to broken in two part (**+x.) should be mentioned under trunk Sip provider dial plan, and other part (8|x.) under Outbound Routing provider dial plan.

But other number format other number 1-xxx-xxx-xxxx, will bring back dial tone. Tried changed various dial plan, but no luck. Any suggestion.
Unread 09-07-2007, 06:41 AM   #15
emoci

Quote:
1st of speed dial to work, it has to broken in two part (**+x.) should be mentioned under trunk Sip provider dial plan, and other part (8|x.) under Outbound Routing provider dial plan.

But other number format other number 1-xxx-xxx-xxxx, will bring back dial tone. Tried changed various dial plan, but no luck. Any suggestion.
Hmmm...

First, change all dial plans to X. then check if you can call numbers (you should be able to, but SpeedDial won't work, the point is to see if it does indeed work just for calling numbers)

Then under trunks create another trunk, for the exact same VoXalot account, but give it a different name (both should have registration setting to No, just outbound calls)

So now you have two VoXalot trunks for the same VoXalot account but with different names. Give one of them dial plan **+X. and the other just X.

Create two outbound routes, one using the trunk that's set for speed dial, with a dial plan like 8|X. (this should have the higher priority, higher route on list)

The second route using the second trunk you set up, with a dialplan like X.

Whatever you do, this is important: (both should have registration setting to No, just outbound calls)

So if you dial 8300 will send **300

But dialing 1xxx xxx xxxx will send that straight through

Use the Call Monitor tab to see what's happening when you try calling and troubleshoot
Unread 09-07-2007, 07:36 AM   #16
richard99

Oh..really it works...both Speedial and the input format 1-xxx-xxx-xxxx. do u suggest to change sip ports keep one 5060 and other 4060... of the same account.
Unread 09-07-2007, 01:04 PM   #17
emoci

Quote:
Oh..really it works...both Speedial and the input format 1-xxx-xxx-xxxx. do u suggest to change sip ports keep one 5060 and other 4060... of the same account.
There is no port specification at PBXes, and if there was I'd suggest leaving 5060 in both cases

So have you had a chance to confirm getting this up and running?
Unread 09-07-2007, 02:28 PM   #18
richard99

I kept of both ports 5060, it is running. I tried even as Pbxes client using Extension 100 to register Nokia E61, it is working. Besides normal operation either to connect with PSTN number or Vox to Vox call work without any problem.

In Pbxes under Sip trunk while configuring provider the server address can configure port Account and then sip server..us.voxalot.com:4060.

Do u have any information that any VOIP provider runs on port 443 I want to try in some Hotels where even port 80 is closed for VOIP traffic.

Last edited by richard99; 09-07-2007 at 02:31 PM.