Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 05-06-2007, 01:51 PM   #1
fbraz

fbraz is on a distinguished road
Unhappy VBuzzer DID

Although VBuzzer is showing a “registered” status in the Providers list and I can make outbound calls, I can’t receive any call made to my VBuzzer DID.

Anyone knows how to solve this problem?
fbraz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-09-2007, 09:32 AM   #2
fbraz

fbraz is on a distinguished road

Nothing to do?
fbraz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-09-2007, 09:46 AM   #3
martin

martin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the rough

Hopefully a VBuzzer user can help with your question.

Please post support questions on the forum. Do not send PMs unless requested.
martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-09-2007, 10:43 AM   #4
dibsmft

dibsmft is on a distinguished road

I used to use vbuzzer for sip calls through voxalot without problems but at some stage they introduced restrictions that first made it unreliable and then useless. I have now given up on VBuzzer (I dont live in Toronto so there are plenty of other options! If you live in the US then try IPKall for a free US number). I think it is still possible to get to VBuzzer sometimes using username@vbuzzer.com:80 but I would not trust it. If you are using an ATA then you could address the ATA directly while logged into vbuzzer by using dyndns.org as vbuzzerusername@user.dyndns.org ... good luck!
dibsmft is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-19-2007, 07:09 PM   #5
yahoobye

yahoobye is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by martin View Post
Hopefully a VBuzzer user can help with your question.
Martin, based on the following configuration of PAP2 from vbuzzer, what's the configuration you will enter in the provider in advanced mode, say username is test123, password is test123.

Pay attention the value of SIP port and Proxy in this PAP2 configuraiton.

Vbuzzers Club :: View topic - Linksys PAP2 setting with Vbuzzer
yahoobye is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-21-2007, 03:36 AM   #6
kurun

kurun is a jewel in the roughkurun is a jewel in the rough

VBuzzer settings in Voxalot in Advanced mode :

Description : Vbuzzer (or whatever you chose)
From User : userid (alphabetical userid not associated numeric id)
From Domain : vbuzzer.com
UserName : userid (alphabetical userid)
Codecs : g729;ilbc;gsm;ulaw;alaw (Voxalot default, have not tried any other order)
Sip Proxy : vbuzzer.com
Sip Port : 80
Active : Yes
Sip Register : Yes

For a long time, I was not using the account (Set active to No), but recently I tried it again after VBuzzer introduced the numeric ID associated with the alphabetical ID. Actually, it has been working quite well, with a good audio connection, and passing CID correctly, everytime I received calls on it.
I have not yet tried a VBuzzer DID.
kurun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-21-2007, 04:25 AM   #7
yahoobye

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurun View Post
VBuzzer settings in Voxalot in Advanced mode :

Description : Vbuzzer (or whatever you chose)
From User : userid (alphabetical userid not associated numeric id)
From Domain : vbuzzer.com
UserName : userid (alphabetical userid)
Codecs : g729;ilbc;gsm;ulaw;alaw (Voxalot default, have not tried any other order)
Sip Proxy : vbuzzer.com
Sip Port : 80
Active : Yes
Sip Register : Yes

For a long time, I was not using the account (Set active to No), but recently I tried it again after VBuzzer introduced the numeric ID associated with the alphabetical ID. Actually, it has been working quite well, with a good audio connection, and passing CID correctly, everytime I received calls on it.
I have not yet tried a VBuzzer DID.
This type of setting does NOT work with vbuzzer DID.

I do find following very interesting thing with vbuzzer DID.

You will get message like "this number is not assigned or not in service" if you set up your vbuzzer at voxalot like this, you will receive the call from sipbroker access number via *452<userid>.

However it will work if you register your vbuzzer via another linksys PAP2 at the same time you register your vbuzzer at voxalot. It looks like vbuzzer does not recognize voxalot registration for its DID number but for its own userid.

Martin or Ron, could you please check why this happen? BTW, vbuzzer does use SIP port 80 and looks like require the client use port 80 too for its DID. If you register your vbuzzer by using non 80 port at PAP2 setting, your vbuzzer DID will not work but vbuzzer userid or internal number will work via sipbroker call.
Unread 05-22-2007, 03:13 AM   #8
kurun

kurun is a jewel in the roughkurun is a jewel in the rough

If I understand you correctly, you are saying that Vbuzzer can connect with the account registered in Voxalot via Sipbroker acces (*452-internal number), but Vbuzzer DID does not work with the same account regisiterd in Voxalot !!

If that is the case, perhaps VBuzzer does not intend the DID to work with Voxalot, but with their own client or with PAP2 and similar devices only.
kurun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-23-2007, 03:32 PM   #9
yahoobye

Quote:
Originally Posted by yahoobye View Post
This type of setting does NOT work with vbuzzer DID.

I do find following very interesting thing with vbuzzer DID.

You will get message like "this number is not assigned or not in service" if you set up your vbuzzer at voxalot like this, you will receive the call from sipbroker access number via *452<userid>.

However it will work if you register your vbuzzer via another linksys PAP2 at the same time you register your vbuzzer at voxalot. It looks like vbuzzer does not recognize voxalot registration for its DID number but for its own userid.

Martin or Ron, could you please check why this happen? BTW, vbuzzer does use SIP port 80 and looks like require the client use port 80 too for its DID. If you register your vbuzzer by using non 80 port at PAP2 setting, your vbuzzer DID will not work but vbuzzer userid or internal number will work via sipbroker call.

Martin or Ron, I think I find the problem regarding Vbuzzer DID imcoming call issue. Vbuzzer requires the SIP client uses port 80 in order to link Vbuzzer DID to Vbuzzer account. For my understanding, Voxalot uses SIP port 5060 as client port when registering with any VSP, like Vbuzzer. If you can provide a option to let the end user to chose the port number for client (yes, you have port option for VSP server) it would be much helpful to resolve this type of issue. For interim solution, just force Vbuzzer account registered at Voxalot site uses port 80.
Unread 05-23-2007, 09:38 PM   #10
Ron

Ron will become famous soon enough

I've already confirmed that I can receive incoming calls via Vbuzzer using SipBroker. If Vbuzzer handles incoming calls via their DID's differently, I cannot test this as I don't have a Vbuzzer DID. Martin would have to investigate logs to determine if the failure you are experiencing is actually do to a port issue.

Ron
Ron is offline   Reply With Quote