Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 07-15-2010, 08:06 AM   #1
riffraff666

riffraff666 is on a distinguished road
Angry FUP exceeded with Rynga and Voipcheap

Hi,
I have registered my accounts of Rynga and Voipcheap in voxalot and have used them to do some calls. Almost immediately, the FUP has been exceeded.
I've read that this happens because, when using these provider through Voxalot, I'm using the same IP as all other voxalot users.
This is very annoying because, as a matter of fact, voxalot loses most of its utility.
But worse than this, now the FUP is exceeded even though I register directly my voipcheap or rynga account on my gigaset IP. It seems that I've been banned or included temporarily (?) into a blacklist.
But the troubles aren't finished yet. As soon as the FUP has been exceeded,
Rynga and Voipcheap have canceled all the PSTN numbers that I had registered and verified, with the result that the calls I do are anonymous. Furthermore, it is impossible to register again the numbers.
I have contacted many times the helpdesk, but they are totally indifferent.
When I complained with Rynga about the impossibility of registering PSTN numbers, the only answer that I received left me astonished:

Dear Customer,
Our records show your mobile number has not been registered. Please enter your mobile number in the "personal details" section of your account. Please ensure your mobile number is correct, with your area code and follow the prompt. If you keep having problems please use a payment method for which no verification is necessary such as bank transfer, Ukash, or Cashu.
Kind Regards,
Customer Service

It doesn't have anything to do with what I asked in the ticket. Either the person that answered was an absolute incompetent, or he didn't read well my ticket.
I have read some threads this in forum about this trouble, and I couldn't find there a solution to this problems.
It sounds hard to believe, that a wonderful service like voxalot is made, as a matter of fact, unusable because of lack of agreement between voxalot and Dellmont and Betamax.

There must be a solution. Someone knows it?
riffraff666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-16-2010, 07:02 AM   #2
beaver

beaver is on a distinguished road

Do a search in the forums. There are too many useful discussions. Each case has its own fix.

betamax (or any of its clone),
1. shouldn't have any problem if you use a dedicated ata to run it. I use spa1001, line2 setup for betamax. zero problem.
2. voxalot.
First, how to use betamax is related with where you are (au, eu or us?)
As suggested many times, in usa, proxy1/2.us1.voxalot.com, not voxalot.com should be used. similar rule for au or eu proxy.
3. FUP.
need to specify what kind of calls you did.
in usa, with the proper proxy (proxy1/2.us1.voxalot.com) via voxalot, domestic calls don't have FUP, i.e. free usa domestic call. But international calls may meet FUP. And some users get FUP more than other users. To use betamax without FUP on international calls, back to is rule#1, a dedicated ata.
4.betamax outbound CID.
It may work or may not. In another word, it works for some users, but won't for some others without a reason.
To register CID, you need to download and install its software. You have three times to try registration. Then you are locked, couldn't try any more unless you open a new betamax account.
5.betamax has no any support. Don't expect it.

Spend a little time to try or find best solution. then stuck with it.
I have been using betamax 6 ~7 years. voipstunt, actionvoip, rynga,... Cheap services, therefore no complaints.
beaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-16-2010, 08:05 AM   #3
riffraff666

riffraff666 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by beaver View Post
First, how to use betamax is related with where you are (au, eu or us?)
As suggested many times, in usa, proxy1/2.us1.voxalot.com, not voxalot.com should be used. similar rule for au or eu proxy.
I am in Italy and I used eu. I guess hostname is proxy01.eu1.voxalot.com. This is a good hint that I’m going to try, thanks.
I have to replace the sip proxy server eu.voxalot.com with proxy01.eu1.voxalot.com, while the "domain" (that I have to set in my gigaset) remains voxalot.com. Is it right? And what about registrar server and stun server?

Quote:
3. FUP.
need to specify what kind of calls you did.
in usa, with the proper proxy (proxy1/2.us1.voxalot.com) via voxalot, domestic calls don't have FUP, i.e. free usa domestic call. But international calls may meet FUP. And some users get FUP more than other users.
Both with Rynga (Dellmont) and with voipcheap (betamax) the FUP was exceeded for the first time with a national call (Italy to Italy) towards a fixed telephone number. In both cases I used these providers through voxalot. Since then, the FUP is exceeded with whichever kind of call. Now I cannot use any more my remaining free days with voipcheap, even though registering directly my gigaset with voipcheap (not through voxalot). Will my account be restored in normal usage some day, or have I lost definitely my free days?

Quote:
To use betamax without FUP on international calls, back to is rule#1, a dedicated ata.
I need to use international call. This means that if I want to do international calls I have to give up voxalot, dismiss my Siemens gigaset IP and buy an ATA device? I hope I misunderstood, but this looks a confirmation that there isn’t solution for using voxalot without facing FUP for international call.

Quote:
4.betamax outbound CID.
It may work or may not. In another word, it works for some users, but won't for some others without a reason.
To register CID, you need to download and install its software. You have three times to try registration. Then you are locked, couldn't try any more unless you open a new betamax account.
5.betamax has no any support. Don't expect it.
Really? I’m locked forever without any explanation? That sounds a fraud to me. A cheap fraud, but a fraud anyway
I remind that I had already successfully registered my numbers, but Rynga has canceled them without giving explanation, and then it became impossible to register them, much before 3 attempts.
Quote:
Spend a little time to try or find best solution. then stuck with it.
I have been using betamax 6 ~7 years. voipstunt, actionvoip, rynga,... Cheap services, therefore no complaints.
Did you use them through voxalot? I did use these providers without problems too, before using voxalot.

p.s. 19-7-2010: the new proxy server proxy01.eu1.voxalot.com for the moment is working well thanks! For the moment I have used it only for national calls. If I will face problems with international calls I'll inform the forum. The CID's are still locked anyway.
p.s.21-7-2010: the FUP is exceeded in spite of the new proxy for the international calls... :-(

Last edited by riffraff666; 07-21-2010 at 01:00 PM.
riffraff666 is offline   Reply With Quote