Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 04-26-2007, 04:15 PM   #1
wilsonhlacerda

wilsonhlacerda is on a distinguished road
Lightbulb [OFF TOPIC] Free roaming in US, HK, Thailand, Singapore, Puerto Rico - do you know?

Do you know any service like this:
Globalsim SIM Card, Free roaming in 50 countries world wide!
but in US, HK, Thailand, Singapore or Puerto Rico?

The idea is to have a SIM like that from one of these countries - thus a mobile number in them - to where usually we can find voip providers that we can call mobile for free (Betamax for instance).

This way I can use the voip provider to forward TPAD and SipBroker calls to the mobile and roam for free worldwide! And my parties will save calling local landlines!

So...do you know?
wilsonhlacerda is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2007, 04:16 PM   #2
wilsonhlacerda

Question

or the way around

do you know any voip provider that can call UK mobiles for free or very, very cheap?
Unread 04-26-2007, 04:51 PM   #3
amroe

amroe is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to amroe Send a message via AIM to amroe Send a message via MSN to amroe Send a message via Yahoo to amroe Send a message via Skype™ to amroe

Yes , I Know my friend , and you should Thanks me for that its JustVoip JustVoip and it costs 5 ct/min ... enjoy .
amroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2007, 04:59 PM   #4
wilsonhlacerda

Unfortunately JustVoip is not SIP compliant so I can not do the forward as I said.

The best option would be a SIM like that in one of that countries that I mentioned....It has lots of providers that can call for free or very cheap to them.

Thanks anyway.
Unread 04-27-2007, 05:03 PM   #5
andy

andy will become famous soon enough

There are many reseller brands of the Isle of Man numbered SIMs, together with similar products from Liechtenstein, Estonia, Iceland, Monaco, Germany, and a couple using an Orange Israel SIM but with USA forwarded numbers, plus rumours of more to arrive soon.

The IoM SIMs vary in tariffs, range of incoming countries with free roaming, and other conditions like top-up interval and validity.

None have cheap roaming in USA though, nor does almost any network from other countries; you should always get a local SIM card there.

The other countries might have better prospects of cheap calls with global SIMs, but even then it will be better in some of those listed to use a local SIM, especially with the cheap tariffs available.

As for JustVoip - it seems you can actually forward a DID (such as IPKall) to the SIP address, but apparently not use JV SIP settings for outgoing or other incoming calls. The next cheapest Betamax tariff for UK/IoM mobiles is Voipcheap.

If the IoM number is from the earlier 07624 series, then there is another cheap way to call it, but this is a mistariff so I'm not mentioning it in public; send a PM if interested

Last edited by andy; 04-29-2007 at 10:24 AM.
andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-27-2007, 09:34 PM   #6
wilsonhlacerda

Lightbulb

Thanks andy. Yeah, I've found this good website that shows the providers you wrote: PrePaidGSM.net: National GSM Operators

The roaming and call tariffs depends a lot on the country, specially in the third world. My idea for example is to have one like that just to use in Brazil. I sometimes travel abroad, but I travel a lot inside Brazil. And, believe you, the pre-paid global sim's tariffs are cheaper than local Brazilian sim's tariffs when roaming here! In Brazil if I get out of my city I have to pay a connection fee plus roaming for each call that I receive or put. And it is expensive if it is a post-paid and very expensive if it is pre-paid!

Although local SIMs can not roam for free in Brazil, the majority of these Global SIMs can roam for free here (and lots of other countries). And to put calls I can use them or maybe trigger any voip callback. The only problem would be that my mobile number is in UK and not in Brazil....but....

....if I could find a Global SIM like that but with its number in US, HK, Singapore, etc. I can use betamax + sipbroker + voxalot to forward brazilian landlines (from sipbroker) to my mobile number for free! So I have now a brazilian number and people will pay cheaper to call it (because is a local landline)! This would be possible because Betamax has some providers that call for free mobiles in US, HK, Singapore, etc

This could be done not only in Brazil, but in every country where the Global SIM has free roaming (more than 50 countries around) and has sipbroker, tpad, free DID or similars.

The problem is: I need to find a Global SIM with its number in US, HK, etc. OR I need to find a very, very cheap provider that can call an UK, Monaco, Liechtenstein, Iceland, etc. mobile number.
Unread 04-27-2007, 11:25 PM   #7
andy

I don't think you'll find any SIMs with such numbers.

In fact it would not be possible, due to the lower termination charges on them, which is due to the receiver pays charging that they have in their own countries, where most are caller pays. Thus part of the way that these operators can subsidise the free incoming calls is from the revenue for people calling to them.

That said, there are reasonably cheap ways to call them, even down below 10 US cents a minute for some, though one of the most popular alternative callback firms used with Liechtenstein mobile has at last had to increase tariffs from its 14 cents for the last two years. As I said, you can use JV or VC to reach the IoM SIMs for 5 or 8 eurocents a minute, and there is cheaper, though patchy quality. And you can use Voxalot to coordinate various accounts.
Unread 04-28-2007, 11:42 AM   #8
mgoebel

mgoebel is on a distinguished road
Default Truphone

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilsonhlacerda View Post
or the way around

do you know any voip provider that can call UK mobiles for free or very, very cheap?
Check Truphone!
mgoebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-28-2007, 11:59 AM   #9
andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Condor View Post
Check Truphone!
Truphone tariffs for UK mobiles average 15 pence a minute, though they do have free forwarding of pstn-sourced calls to your mobile number. This then leaves you needing to reach the incoming Truphone IoM mobile number, which as I already said ...

It can certainly be useful in many cases, but I don't think it is what is being looked for this time

Last edited by andy; 04-28-2007 at 12:02 PM.
Unread 04-28-2007, 04:59 PM   #10
wilsonhlacerda

Red face

Unfortunately Truphone do not solve the problem. But thanks anyway El_condor.

I found this forum thread with people trying to do exactly the same as me:
International sim with USA number - PrePaidGSM.net Forum

And they found a solution: Skype. (US$0,017/min)
But unfortunately Skype puts a big delay to start ringing. Besides that it is not SIP compliant so I can not use sipbroker and Tpad with it.

Edit: A few minutes later....Skype definitely is not a solution anymore. Their new rate to UK +447624 is US$0,25/min.

Last edited by wilsonhlacerda; 04-28-2007 at 09:28 PM. Reason: change in skype rate