Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot General

Voxalot General Voxalot discussion, tips, tricks and suggestions. Talk about them here.

Unread 01-27-2009, 02:06 PM   #1
tararumpum
Banned

tararumpum is on a distinguished road
Default New to Voxalot. Help needed.

Firstly Hello to everyone.

I am not very new to VOIP term but I am new to Voxalot site and dialing plans.

I have setup 2 linksys pap2 (version 1). Line one with voiptalk and line two with sipgate.

This configuration really limits me from using the real use of voip adapter.

I wanted to make use of this kit or SPA-3102 (about to buy soon) and exploit as much as possible.

I am still trying to understand how should I configure the phone adapters or should I just register at Voxalot and create dial plans hear?

Also do I need to create account with different sip providers to make use of their services like, PennyTel, FWD, Sipgate, etc?

Your help would be much much appreciated.

Thanks,
Harry
tararumpum is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-27-2009, 08:17 PM   #2
emoci

emoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by tararumpum View Post
Firstly Hello to everyone.

I am not very new to VOIP term but I am new to Voxalot site and dialing plans.

I have setup 2 linksys pap2 (version 1). Line one with voiptalk and line two with sipgate.

This configuration really limits me from using the real use of voip adapter.

I wanted to make use of this kit or SPA-3102 (about to buy soon) and exploit as much as possible.

I am still trying to understand how should I configure the phone adapters or should I just register at Voxalot and create dial plans hear?

Also do I need to create account with different sip providers to make use of their services like, PennyTel, FWD, Sipgate, etc?

Your help would be much much appreciated.

Thanks,
Harry

The basic idea behind VoXalot:
-You register your ATA with VoXalot
-Within your VoXalot acct. you set up different providers (for outgoing calls):
>VoipTalk
>SipGate (heads up there is been some issues with SipGate)
>PennyTel
etc.
-You set up dial plans (eg. calls starting with 001 go with VoipTalk, calls staring with 011 go with PennyTell etc.)
-You start calling

The good news is that everything above can be had via a free VoXalot acct., so you can start experimenting right away...

Paid features include registration (for incoming calls...although you do not need this for Providers that support SIP URI forwarding), and Call Forwarding...

My suggestion: Start playing around with a free acct. to get familiar with things... (you can find setup info at Main Page - Voxalot FAQ as well as http://forum.voxalot.com/voxalot-sup...solutions.html )
emoci is offline   Reply With Quote