Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 03-29-2006, 12:48 PM   #1
Ron

Ron will become famous soon enough
Default Dial Plan and Provider Management

Martin,

You may already have these items on a todo list, but I'll mention them anyway...

Dial Plans:

In addition to Edit and Delete, there needs to be a "Move Up", "Move Down", and "Move To:" option. I'm up to 13 dial plans already and expect to add more. Shuffling things around with only Add, Edit, and Delete can get cumbersome without the move options.

Providers:

The provider list should be sorted on the Description column.

Ron
Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-29-2006, 10:01 PM   #2
craig

craig is a jewel in the roughcraig is a jewel in the roughcraig is a jewel in the rough

While it isn't the "move" functionality you requested, in each dial plan, there is an editable field called priority that you can change to help you set the order of the dial plans (the lower the value, the higher up it is evaluated). Or does it not work for you?

--
Craig
craig is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-29-2006, 10:42 PM   #3
wmp

wmp is on a distinguished road

I'm up to 12 dial plans and it would be easier to manipulate the order from the dial plan main page. For example, an up/down arrow to the side of each priority to reprioritize dial plans. Or having the priority field editable from the main dial plan page would work.
wmp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-29-2006, 10:45 PM   #4
Ron

Quote:
Originally Posted by craig
While it isn't the "move" functionality you requested, in each dial plan, there is an editable field called priority that you can change to help you set the order of the dial plans (the lower the value, the higher up it is evaluated). Or does it not work for you?

--
Craig
You sort of can but you have to go through all kinds of renumbering to do a simple move.

Ron
Unread 03-30-2006, 12:19 AM   #5
craig

craig is a jewel in the roughcraig is a jewel in the roughcraig is a jewel in the rough

Yes, I agree with both posters that the move up/down buttons would be useful and we have added it to our list of things to do.

In the meantime, all I can suggest is to do what I do, and number the dial plan priorities like I used to number my BASIC programs - in increments of 10, so you can more easily shuffle them around :-)

--
Craig
craig is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-06-2006, 02:46 AM   #6
Ron

Craig,

When you get around to adding the code to sort the Provider list and to move the Dial Plan entries around, would you also add an 'Active (Yes/No)' drop-down menu to both the Provider and Dial Plan screens (like you already have on the Call Forwarding screen)?

This would require the addition of a conditional test akin to:

if (CurrentDialPlan -> Active == TRUE && CurrentDialPlan -> Provider -> Active == TRUE)
{
EvaluateDialPlan(CurrentDialPlan);
}

This would facilitate testing and debugging as well as other needs without the cumbersome task of deleting and re-entering entries.

Ron