Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 04-05-2006, 11:12 AM   #11
mike2005

mike2005 is on a distinguished road
Default Everything is all working now!

Thanks for everyones help. Everything is working fine now! I'm having lots of fun with all of this. And to think a few days ago I was getting bored with my PC!

I have one or two questions however if anybody has the time!

Does the extra hop to your server cause much of a delay in the datal? I am just wondering in cases where I am mucking around with providers overseas, and I have "lag" or "latency", I am wondering whether this will worsten this much. I am located in Australia. I guess I should try pinging your server? Its just i tried pinging a SIP provider earlier from the windows command prompt and it kept timing out... I guess I can't ping the SIP protocol like that?

Also does anybody know about any providers which will allow me to setup a 1800 or free number (moderate cost is okay) so that people can ring my voip accounts? I have read about obtaining local numbers, but a 1800 number would be awesome if they arn't insanely expensive.

Also I am wondering if any software exists or what software exists that might allow people to interact with "VoiceXML" when they ring my number. "VoiceXML" is another technology I am only just starting to learn about Even more cool would be if people could use voicexml via voip via 1800 free call to interact with a website I create! I can write PHP code reasonably well, it would be really cool if people could interact with my websites in this sort of way (I always like biting on things bigger than I can chew!)

I don't suppose any softphones exist then that support voicexml standard and which can send http post requests to my website?

anyway I've been up over 20 hours now, time I went to sleep!

Thanks,

Michael
mike2005 is offline   Reply With Quote