Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 12-01-2007, 12:04 PM   #1
chatalot

chatalot is on a distinguished road
Default 2 phones on one account

I have a PAP2 working with voxalot and I am trying to set up x-lite softphone on one of my PC's on the same network with the same voxalot account.

I have smart call dialplans set up in voxalot for voipcheap and voipuser and these are working ok. Some calls are coming up with connected but there is no audio, no ringing, nothing.

Incoming wise, I believe it is possible to get 2 phones to ring together but I am not getting an incoming ring on the softphone on the PC, only on the pap2. I have forwarded 5060 to my PAP2 as it was intermittantly sending calls to voicemail without this. ANyone any ideas?
chatalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-01-2007, 12:10 PM   #2
chatalot

I have it working now by turning off symetric NAT handling in voxalot. I still have the incoming port 5060 forwarded in my router to the PAP2 but now the softphone is dialing the echotest and working ok. Both phones ring for incoming calls too. How does that work if incoming calls are forwarded to the PAP2 at the router then?

EDIT: I haven't quite got this right, does anyone know why the softphone on the PC could be dropping calls after 30-40sec but the PAP2 is ok.

Last edited by chatalot; 12-01-2007 at 12:20 PM.
Unread 12-01-2007, 12:19 PM   #3
jerm

jerm is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by chatalot View Post
Incoming wise, I believe it is possible to get 2 phones to ring together but I am not getting an incoming ring on the softphone on the PC, only on the pap2. I have forwarded 5060 to my PAP2 as it was intermittantly sending calls to voicemail without this. ANyone any ideas?
My understanding is that SIP-VoIP does not allow you to register more than one endpoint to an account at the same time, if you do, the results are unreliable (as you have found).

I used to have this working by using the Virtual PBX functionality available at Voipfone. Setup one extension for each endpoint, calls to the main number can then ring all endpoints. I think extensions cost £1 per month each.

There may be other providers with similar services.

I hope this helps.
jerm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-01-2007, 12:47 PM   #4
chatalot

I have finished with trying to do this now and agree that it is unreliable. For example when opening and then closing the softphone on the PC - all calls goto voicemail even though the PAP2 is still running - it's ok after rebooting the router and PAP2 so it must be a routing issue.

Would it work if I use a second voxalot account on my PC softphone or would that give the same problems with the routing?
Unread 12-01-2007, 02:36 PM   #5
jerm

jerm is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by chatalot View Post
Would it work if I use a second voxalot account on my PC softphone or would that give the same problems with the routing?
I am not sure how that will help.
How would you get two different accounts 'ringing' on one inbound call?

I am pretty sure voxalot do not offer this facility (!! I cannot even call from one account to the other ATM !!).

By using the Premium service Call Connection (Call Forwarding) on Voxalot, you can probably make an incoming call go to different accounts at different times of the day, but not simultaneously AFAIK.

I hope this helps.
jerm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-01-2007, 03:33 PM   #6
dne

dne is on a distinguished road

I have both ports of my PAP2T registered to the same Voxalot account, and it's working fine. It sounds like you're having NAT/router problems.

Regards,
Daniel
dne is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-01-2007, 03:34 PM   #7
chatalot

You are right it is not going to easily achieve what I want. Maybe one day voxalot will support routing to simultaneous sip addresses.
Unread 12-01-2007, 03:36 PM   #8
chatalot

Quote:
Originally Posted by dne View Post
I have both ports of my PAP2T registered to the same Voxalot account, and it's working fine. It sounds like you're having NAT/router problems.

Regards,
Daniel
My setup is different because in yours, both ports on the PAP2 are sharing the same IP address. I agree that it is a NAT/router issue. Has anyone used the voip version of DD-WRT - would this help solve the problem? - I need to do some research but I am guessing that the router is set up with the voxalot account and the PAP2 and softphones then register to the router as different extensions, is this right?

Last edited by chatalot; 12-01-2007 at 03:40 PM.
Unread 12-01-2007, 04:27 PM   #9
emoci

emoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to all

Routing to simultaneous adresses is already supported....however your PAP2 and your SoftPhone are in the same network, so in the eyes of VoXalot they both have the same IP (it doesn't see subnet/private IPs)

The problem is that once the call hits your router, the latter is unable to clearly determine where to send the traffic. One other possibility is that it is sending the original traffic to the first place to answer, however when the re-invite comes it doesn't route that right (hence dropped calls)

To truly test VoXalot's multiple ring locations your PAP2 and your computer would need to be connected with different internet connections/providers/ and have different external IPs (it was meant to have your PAP2 ring at home, while your SoftPhone rings in your computer at work sort of thing)

One thing to try in the meantime (it may or it may not work), would be to register your PAP2 with port 5060, but register the phone with port 4060 (so now you can have 5060 forwarded to the PAP2 and 4060 forwarded to the computer's IP running the softphone)
emoci is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-01-2007, 04:52 PM   #10
chatalot

I already tried the 4060 trick but it isn't any different. Could I set up my softphone with pbxes and then register voxalot in my pbxes account as well as my PAP2, hence the two registrations will be on different IP addresses?

I want to set up my softphone so I can use it away from home but I dont want to screw up my router and PAP2 if I accidently have it running at home.

Last edited by chatalot; 12-01-2007 at 04:55 PM.