Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 04-10-2009, 11:13 PM   #21

137383 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatman View Post
Can the PAP2 can handle two G729a conversations, one on each line, simultaneously? This may be a necessary capability as the two DIDs mentioned by the OP sometimes have bandwidth issues. The PAP2 is similar to the SPA-2000 which has only enough CPU power for one G729a conversation at a time.
¡This is very important thing! where i can find information about what's devices can manage two G729a calls simultaneously?

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatman View Post
By the way, there is equipment made, such as the Linksys WET11 (an Ethernet to WiFi bridge), that would allow placement of the ICS-G302 VoIP device directly onto the IP address provided by the ISP.
I'm thinking in this phone. Replace my Dids numbers to skypeIn and use the ATA for outbound calls. It's only a idea... i'm very confused.
137383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-13-2009, 12:42 AM   #22
emoci

emoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by 137383 View Post
¡This is very important thing! where i can find information about what's devices can manage two G729a calls simultaneously?

I'm thinking in this phone. Replace my Dids numbers to skypeIn and use the ATA for outbound calls. It's only a idea... i'm very confused.
At some point the issue becomes overconfused and there is overthinking involved...

1. You want to be able to receive and make calls
2. What are the chances that you want to make and receive calls while a second person in your home at the same time also makes and receives calls? (so do you really need the two simulataneous G729a calls capability?).
3. I can confirm that the PAP2 supports 2 simultaneous G711u calls from personal experience (if that helps ...), so if all else fails use G711u instead, audio quality is much better than G729a anyways...

Your solutions:
-Keep current SIP device but open a wide range of ports to allow it to get through the router firewall...
-Get a new SIP device that is more likely to pass its location IP correctly
emoci is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-13-2009, 01:11 PM   #23

137383 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by emoci View Post
At some point the issue becomes overconfused and there is overthinking involved...
it's true. i'm thinking in options.

Quote:
1. You want to be able to receive and make calls
2. What are the chances that you want to make and receive calls while a second person in your home at the same time also makes and receives calls? (so do you really need the two simulataneous G729a calls capability?).
3. I can confirm that the PAP2 supports 2 simultaneous G711u calls from personal experience (if that helps ...), so if all else fails use G711u instead, audio quality is much better than G729a anyways...
1) yes
2) i need two calls, not necesarry G729a, but my isp haves better bandwith to national calls, if the codecs use a lower BW, i assume the sound will work better.
3) thanks

Quote:
Your solutions:
1 Keep current SIP device but open a wide range of ports to allow it to get through the router firewall...
2 Get a new SIP device that is more likely to pass its location IP correctly
[/quote]
1) I have a few days working, but i can't confirm it because i has the error sometimes.
2) I'm trying to decide: "What are the better device to buy?" if the error appears gain.
137383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-14-2009, 07:19 AM   #24
boatman

boatman is on a distinguished road

Two of my favorites are the SPA-2100 and the SPA2102. When shopping on ebay it's best to avoid the units from Hong Kong because they are usually fakes even though they bear the Linksys name.
boatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-15-2009, 07:45 PM   #25
boatman

boatman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by 137383 View Post
1) I have a few days working, but i can't confirm it because i has the error sometimes.
A test today has shown the correct IP address in your "Connection Information" line. I wonder if the problem, when it occurs, is because the STUN process does not finish before the ATA supplies "Connection Information" to the other party's ATA?
boatman is offline   Reply With Quote