Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 02-28-2008, 03:46 PM   #1
cnjowang

cnjowang is on a distinguished road
Default Help: The number you dialed cannot be connected

Hi All,
I have a strange issue while using my voxalot (Basic).
Here is detail:
1) I use freedigits and voipdiscount as outbound provider.
2) If I logged in my voxalot account using Zoiper (Which is a softphone), I can dial any outbound number. Everything is ok.
3) If I logged in my voxalot account using Linksys PAP2-NA, same as Zoiper, everything is ok.
4) If I logged in my voxalot account using Linksys WRT54GP2A-AT, when I dial any outbound number, I got "Sorry, the number you dialed cannot be connected", but I can dial other voxalot user and *500, *600.

It's really strange why I have this issue. Anybody can help me?
My voxalot account is 665215

Thanks
cnjowang is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-28-2008, 06:05 PM   #2
satphoneguy

satphoneguy is on a distinguished road

i just wondering; have you tried with any other providers? the reason i ask it seems the the betamax providers(voipdiscount) may look at the useragent as part of their obscure FUP. if you find that it works with other providers than perhaps if you can change the name of the useragent in the WRT54GP2A-AT and see what happens.

spg

p.s. this is all really just a wild guess; but may be worth a try.
satphoneguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-28-2008, 10:13 PM   #3
emoci

emoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to all

Check for two things on the ATA that seems not to work:

1. Is there a dial plan specified, make sure it is something like [*x][*x].
2. Some ATAs have an issue with outbound calling when the Block CID setting has been enabled on the ATA
emoci is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-29-2008, 01:42 AM   #4
cnjowang

Thanks for replying.

Yes, I also use "freedigits" as outbound provider, it has the same problem.
And I don't think that because of FUP of Betamax, because I can make phone call using softphone.

I checked the dialplan in ATA, WRT54GP2A-AT has different dialplan syntax, the formal "*x.|x." should be "*X.T|X.T" in it. If I setup the Voipdiscount account in ATA directly, then it works.

And the WRT54GP2A-AT does not have Block CID setting.
Unread 02-29-2008, 02:44 AM   #5
emoci

emoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnjowang View Post
Thanks for replying.

Yes, I also use "freedigits" as outbound provider, it has the same problem.
And I don't think that because of FUP of Betamax, because I can make phone call using softphone.

I checked the dialplan in ATA, WRT54GP2A-AT has different dialplan syntax, the formal "*x.|x." should be "*X.T|X.T" in it. If I setup the Voipdiscount account in ATA directly, then it works.

And the WRT54GP2A-AT does not have Block CID setting.
As you realize, the fact that it works fine with PAP2 and Zoiper, means it is some form of mismatch between VoXalot and WRT54GP2A-AT.......

When you connect the WRT54GP2A-AT with VoipDiscount directly how do you dial the number (what I mean is do you do 00-CountryCode-Number or just CountryCode-Number)?

What is the Dial Plan on the WRT54GP2A-AT right now, or better yet save your current Dial Plan somewhere, and try having just "x. " which I assume in your case should look like "X.T"....and see if it starts to work with VoXalot, for testing call 600 (echo test) or 500 (VM)

It has to be an issue with the way your ATA is sending the number....

BTW, the CID thing is important, it won't neccesseraly say "Block CID", it may be just say "CID enable/disable", or "Caller ID" or anything of the sort, just make sure it is set so Caller ID is being sent through.
emoci is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-29-2008, 03:02 AM   #6
jack9901

jack9901 is on a distinguished road

I could be wrong, but I have a wild guess that both voxalot accounts you used to do the test are yours. You simply exported/imported the accout setting to set up the other account. However, in this situation, the VoSP passwords were not exported/imported. You need to enter the voipdiscount password manually in the other voxalot account. That's why you get the strange thing that you can dial other voxalot user and *500, *600, but not any real PSTN number.
jack9901 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-29-2008, 03:11 AM   #7
jack9901

jack9901 is on a distinguished road

Or it could be the bug in the "change password" process. You need first to change the password and confirm, and then click "edit" of that VoSP again, and click save. I believe you tried to change the password but don't know
the small bug that you have to click a save a second time.
jack9901 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-29-2008, 06:53 AM   #8
cnjowang

When I put VoipDiscount into WRT54GP2A-AT, I dialed phone number using this format:
00-CountryCode-Number, e.g. 00-1-866-740-1260
And I am sure the dialplan in my voxalot is correct, because I verified the outbound number and provider using "Test Call" in voxalot page.

The dialplan "x." in WRT54GP2A-AT is incorrect, if I set to it, I can not make any phone call.

Another thing is WRT54GP2A-AT does not have any configuration to specify STUN server. But I think it is reasonable, because WRT54GP2A-AT will connect to Internet directly via PPPoE, so it has a real Internet IP address.
And, I both set "Symmetric NAT Handling" to "Yes" and "No", but all failed with WRT54GP2A-AT.

Here are configuration pages for WRT54GP2A-AT, FYI
Voice
Voice

Quote:
Originally Posted by emoci View Post
As you realize, the fact that it works fine with PAP2 and Zoiper, means it is some form of mismatch between VoXalot and WRT54GP2A-AT.......

When you connect the WRT54GP2A-AT with VoipDiscount directly how do you dial the number (what I mean is do you do 00-CountryCode-Number or just CountryCode-Number)?

What is the Dial Plan on the WRT54GP2A-AT right now, or better yet save your current Dial Plan somewhere, and try having just "x. " which I assume in your case should look like "X.T"....and see if it starts to work with VoXalot, for testing call 600 (echo test) or 500 (VM)

It has to be an issue with the way your ATA is sending the number....

BTW, the CID thing is important, it won't neccesseraly say "Block CID", it may be just say "CID enable/disable", or "Caller ID" or anything of the sort, just make sure it is set so Caller ID is being sent through.