Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 04-15-2010, 06:44 AM   #1
2600lancer

2600lancer is on a distinguished road
Default voicemail receive in email inbox

Hi,
Does anyone know what settings are required (server names, ports etc) for my email client to receive voxalot voicemail in an email inbox (as wav files).

Regards
Glen
2600lancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-15-2010, 08:22 PM   #2
padboll

padboll is on a distinguished road

Hi, not sure to understand your question but, anyway:
To my knowledge, you don't need to do any particular setting (and certainly not in your mail client). You receive the voicemail mail alert to the email address specified in your Voxalot account.

If you have a basic (free) account like me, the wav file is a fake. I think you have to upgrade to a VoxLite (at least) account to receive a real wav file with recorded voicemail.

I was also interested in this feature but never received a real wav file. I think this is simply a mistake on Voxalot Products & Services for Consumers - Voxalot FAQ which specifies the wav file for basic account.

If someone managed to get a real/readable wav file with a basic account, I'll be very interested to know about it as well!
padboll is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-17-2010, 03:13 AM   #3
emoci

emoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to all

The VM is forwarded to the email address with which your acct is registered automatically. No other specifics required.

There is no such thing as "fake WAV files". Free or paid, your VM will be forwarded to your email.

However it is possible that you maybe lacking a codec required to play the audio file.

In terms of issues with playing the file, please expand on what you have attempted so far...

(As far as codecs go I would suggest the Mega version of the K-lite codec pack Download K-Lite Mega Codec Pack)
emoci is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-17-2010, 07:22 AM   #4
padboll

padboll is on a distinguished road

Thank you very much emoci, with this information I still made tries (in other ways) and finally managed to play it!

When I tested this (2 or 3 years ago), I tested on both Windows and Linux, with several common software, in many ways and never got a result.

So, under Windows I cannot tell anymore, but on linux the only way I got something is with mplayer.
(To linux users: VLC, aplayer and common other gave no result. kaffeine can read it but with very bad sound. mplayer read it quite correctly. lame cannot convert it.)

The file format is: 8000 Hz, 1 ch, s16le, 13.0 kbit/10.16% (ratio: 1625->16000)
Codec: [msgsm] afm: msgsm (MS GSM)

Thanks again to emoci!
padboll is offline   Reply With Quote