Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 02-07-2011, 12:21 AM   #1
druids

druids is on a distinguished road
Default Answering machine not working with voxalot?

Hi,
please help me to set up properly my line to be able to use telephone answering machine: I have ata on dmz(pap2) and when I receive a call the phone is ringing and show me after a # of calls that the answering machine is on but the caller still hear the rings and never get the answering machine message and option to leave a message(on the caller side it still ringing even after the answer machine closed the connection). Please can any body help me? When I am using the ata and same phone connected directly to the provider(acanac) is working fine.
druids is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-07-2011, 08:44 PM   #2
beaver

beaver is on a distinguished road

Is the answer machine working with digital system?
I used to have a similar problem when I was using a casio phone answer machine. turned out it wouldn't work with digital system. I bought a new one then I didn't have this problem years.

If it's not digital issue, then likely a NAT mapping issue. Have you experienced the problem before? or it's a completely new issue. You can always try different proxy (au/eu/us.voxalot.com) to see it it's gone....

Last edited by beaver; 02-10-2011 at 10:39 PM.
beaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-07-2011, 11:33 PM   #3
druids

Quote:
Originally Posted by beaver View Post
Is the answer machine working with digital system?
I used to have a similar problem when I was using a casio phone answer machine. turned out it would work with digital system. I bought a new one then I didn't have this problem years.

Is not digital issue, then likely a NAT mapping issue. Have you experienced the problem before? or it's a completely new issue. You can always try different proxy (au/eu/us.voxalot.com) to see it it's gone....
I had the problem with previous phone, I bought this new one,it is a Siemens SL 78H. As I said, connected directly through ATA to the acanac is working. When I am using voxalot through ata is happening what I explained. It worked very well like a year ago even with the old phone, what the NAT issue can be? Thanks for any ideea!
Unread 02-09-2011, 11:03 PM   #4
druids

There is nobody around who can help me with the answering machine issue? Nobody had similar problems? Can anybody direct me for similar issue topics? I checked around but I did not find anythings helpful. Any of the admins with some ideas? Thank you!
Unread 02-10-2011, 10:54 PM   #5
beaver

beaver is on a distinguished road

Hopefully some voxalot guru could help. I have been using pap2v1, so far so good. my answer machine (new) is panasonic (digital system).
Your problem sounds not very popular. At voxlaot, I am clueless at this time. At phone, you might check the menu and make sure it set properly. Do you have any other VOIP provider? try it and test if the machine answers. If it does, likely it confirms voxalot is an issue.
beaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-11-2011, 03:45 AM   #6
druids

Quote:
Originally Posted by beaver View Post
Hopefully some voxalot guru could help. I have been using pap2v1, so far so good. my answer machine (new) is panasonic (digital system).
Your problem sounds not very popular. At voxlaot, I am clueless at this time. At phone, you might check the menu and make sure it set properly. Do you have any other VOIP provider? try it and test if the machine answers. If it does, likely it confirms voxalot is an issue.
Thanks beaver! I am hoping also that somebody from voxalot admins will try to help me. The phone (answering machine) is working perfectly when I am using another voip provider:acanac. Still asking for help, please!
Unread 02-23-2011, 11:44 PM   #7
druids

Hi,
I am still waiting for somebody to give me a hand to set-up properly(if this is the case) my ata or..to do something to have my answering machine working with voxalot. I cannot believe that there is nobody around to give an advice or idea..still hoping for help!
Thanks
Unread 02-26-2011, 06:51 AM   #8
kurun

kurun is a jewel in the roughkurun is a jewel in the rough

Please make sure to disable your Voxalot voicemail, if you are going to use your own answering machine.
http://www.voxalot.com/action/voicemail
Set Voicemail Active to No.

If the answering machine picks up but the caller still hears ringing, it sounds like a basic call not being established, and not an answering machine issue.

If you pick up the call before the answering machine picks up, does the call get established correctly and does the caller hear you?
Or does the caller still hear the phone ringing?
kurun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2011, 08:45 PM   #9
druids

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurun View Post
Please make sure to disable your Voxalot voicemail, if you are going to use your own answering machine.
http://www.voxalot.com/action/voicemail
Set Voicemail Active to No.

If the answering machine picks up but the caller still hears ringing, it sounds like a basic call not being established, and not an answering machine issue.

If you pick up the call before the answering machine picks up, does the call get established correctly and does the caller hear you?
Or does the caller still hear the phone ringing?
thanks for reply!the voice is set-up to "NO"if i pick up the phone before answering machine the caller can hear me but he (and me) still hearing the phone ringing..any advice?
Thanks
Unread 03-10-2011, 03:52 AM   #10
kurun

kurun is a jewel in the roughkurun is a jewel in the rough

It definitely sounds like a hardware or set-up related issue.
I am assuming that your SIP device is installed after a router.
You may want to try a softphone to replace the SIP device to rule out issues with the router NAT setup, for example X-Lite.
CounterPath Corporation | X-Lite

You may also want to move the SIP device before the router on a public IP address and test again.
kurun is offline   Reply With Quote