Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 03-07-2010, 04:43 AM   #1
Solid.Snake.MGS

Solid.Snake.MGS is on a distinguished road
Default Cannot make calls

Whats weird is...I'm able to take calls from anyone, but I'm not able to make them, except for 1800-Comcast. I do have comcast internet, which is probably why im able to call them via internet but I have no idea how I can fix my calling issue. I have tried dialing 1 before any number and that doesn't work. I live in the United States so I shouldn't even have to press 1 for that.
Solid.Snake.MGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-07-2010, 12:18 PM   #2
carlosalbffgomes

carlosalbffgomes is on a distinguished road

You should review all your configuration. It should work and maybe, from what are you telling, it may be from dial plan incorrect configuration. But it's needed more information about your configuration.
Regards,
carlosalbffgomes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-07-2010, 08:05 PM   #3
Solid.Snake.MGS

Solid.Snake.MGS is on a distinguished road

I'm completely new to all of this so I barely know whats going on behind the software used for VoIP. I'm using X-Lite as the softphone and I've set:

username and password as my voxalot user/pass.
authorization username as my voxalot user
domain as voxalot.com
proxy as us.voxalot.com

the dialing plan is shown as:
Code:
#1\a\a.T;match=1;prestrip=2;
if that means anything.
Solid.Snake.MGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-07-2010, 08:23 PM   #4
carlosalbffgomes

carlosalbffgomes is on a distinguished road

Besides Voxalot account, you need to configure some Voice Service Provider (VSP) through which you will make your calls to normal PSTN numbers. Voxalot can only make calls to numbers that are ENUM registered. That is the case for US toll free numbers (as is the case with 1800 numbers).
So, on 'Voice Service Providers' (VSP) you must configure the provider (for example, 'callcentric') through which your calls will be connected. That is: you need another VoIP account that register at Voxalot instead of your softphone. Think Voxalot as being your voip phone.
Then you also need to configure a dial plan rule to send the number you dial to the VSP you which to use. See Voxalot FAQ and Tutorials. There you have all needed information to configure your account properly.
But you must understand that Voxalot can not dial PSTN numbers directly. Only VoIP numbers our PSTN numbers that are ENUM registered, as is the case of US toll free numbers. Think Voxalot as a service aggregate or an added value service.
Regards,
carlosalbffgomes is offline   Reply With Quote