Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot General

Voxalot General Voxalot discussion, tips, tricks and suggestions. Talk about them here.

 
 
Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 01-14-2008, 07:39 AM   #1
simplev
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 4
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
simplev is on a distinguished road
Default Call forwarding without forward on no answer?

I just upgraded to Vox Lite and assumed that call forwarding had a "forward on no answer option".
I have a Sipura ata and only wish to use 1 line/phone. I receive calls from a DID forwarded to my Voxalot SIP address on the ata, but need the option of having the ata ring for "x" seconds and if no answer, then forward to a cell or land line. Can you tell me if I have overlooked this option somewhere?

Service has been great, but if the option does not exist at this time, I would need a credit.
simplev is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to simplev For This Useful Post:
kendid (01-25-2008)
Unread 01-15-2008, 04:06 AM   #2
emoci
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 1,422
Thanks: 123
Thanked 369 Times in 282 Posts
emoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to all
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplev View Post
I just upgraded to Vox Lite and assumed that call forwarding had a "forward on no answer option".
I have a Sipura ata and only wish to use 1 line/phone. I receive calls from a DID forwarded to my Voxalot SIP address on the ata, but need the option of having the ata ring for "x" seconds and if no answer, then forward to a cell or land line. Can you tell me if I have overlooked this option somewhere?

Service has been great, but if the option does not exist at this time, I would need a credit.
Unfortunately Call Forward on No Answer is not currently supported by VoXalot (the feature explanation for the service does not include this feature in the list either).

However, you should be able to use your SPA to perform a Call Forward on No Answer (or at least try to see if it works for you)...
emoci is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-17-2008, 10:53 PM   #3
simplev
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 4
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
simplev is on a distinguished road
Default Mod/customer service please reply to my email

Thanks Emoci, good suggestion. It's still not the way I'd like to set it up. Could a Mod/customer service please reply to my email? I sent a refund request to the contact info email and have not had a reply to date. Thanks
simplev is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-17-2008, 11:18 PM   #4
emoci
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 1,422
Thanks: 123
Thanked 369 Times in 282 Posts
emoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to all
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplev View Post
Thanks Emoci, good suggestion. It's still not the way I'd like to set it up. Could a Mod/customer service please reply to my email? I sent a refund request to the contact info email and have not had a reply to date. Thanks
I'd suggest PMing martin or Tony directly with the contents of that email....things may move faster that way...
emoci is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to emoci For This Useful Post:
martin (01-18-2008)
Unread 01-25-2008, 03:41 PM   #5
kendid
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: UA
Posts: 72
Thanks: 6
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
kendid is on a distinguished road
Default

I'm also waiting for this to be implemented... It's really the only thing I'm waiting for before switching over to a paid service... As it stands now, Voxalot is doing everything I need for now! Let us know if you are going to get this going, it's worth paying for!
kendid is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-04-2008, 07:07 AM   #6
patwolf
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 12
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
patwolf is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplev View Post
"forward on no answer option".
I also feel that this is a very important feature!

As well being able to forward a call at the same time to multiple destinations would be helpful. Which ever destination device picks up first gets the call.

Thanks,
Patrick
patwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-15-2008, 03:00 AM   #7
325xi
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Montreal, Canada
Posts: 79
Thanks: 12
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
325xi is on a distinguished road
Default

That's kinda strange that having so extensive functionality of call routing Voxalot doesn't offer such basics as call hunt. It should take nothing to implement that...
325xi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-15-2008, 09:40 PM   #8
emoci
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 1,422
Thanks: 123
Thanked 369 Times in 282 Posts
emoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to all
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 325xi View Post
That's kinda strange that having so extensive functionality of call routing Voxalot doesn't offer such basics as call hunt. It should take nothing to implement that...
That would've been my reaction a few months ago too...but I've done some testing since then:

1. PBXes has a Call Hunting Feature via Ring Groups
2. MySipSwitch has a raw implementation of simultaneous calls

The issue I have found is that while most of these solutions can ring multiple destinations, receiving and carrying out a call gets tricky....audio gets lost, calls drop...and so on

One issue that VoXalot and other hosted PBX systems have to deal with, that successful implementations of this feature like CallWithUs, CallCentric (I believe Acanac too), and of course something like GC can skip over, is that not only do we want to forward to multiple destinations, but we want to do it via multiple providers, or we want to do it via a single consumer level provider that probably supports no more than one or two simultaneous channels....routing SIP this way is the easy part, but making sure the media is routed correctly when one of these destinations picks up seems problematic

I've noted that many successful implementations of this, have you pay them for the Call Routing feature, and force you to use their service for placing the call as well, having the adavntage of maintaining control of the call all the way to the PSTN destination...

Note, I say this as someone whose understanding of the process is just from a user point of view, lacking complete comprehension of what the backend truly looks like.....
emoci is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to emoci For This Useful Post:
325xi (03-19-2008)
Unread 03-19-2008, 01:02 AM   #9
325xi
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Montreal, Canada
Posts: 79
Thanks: 12
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
325xi is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by emoci View Post
One issue that VoXalot and other hosted PBX systems have to deal with, that successful implementations of this feature like CallWithUs, CallCentric (I believe Acanac too), and of course something like GC can skip over, is that not only do we want to forward to multiple destinations, but we want to do it via multiple providers, or we want to do it via a single consumer level provider that probably supports no more than one or two simultaneous channels....routing SIP this way is the easy part, but making sure the media is routed correctly when one of these destinations picks up seems problematic
That's understandable, but at least sequential (not simultaneous) call hunt, and forward-at-no-answer/busy as a part of this still can be (supposedly) easily implemented.

Currently services offered by both payed Voxalot and free mysipswitch are not logically complete, so one cannot build robust VoIP solution based on just one (and even two) services. Unfortunately it most likely drives many people out of VoIP...
325xi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-19-2008, 02:45 AM   #10
emoci
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 1,422
Thanks: 123
Thanked 369 Times in 282 Posts
emoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to all
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 325xi View Post
That's understandable, but at least sequential (not simultaneous) call hunt, and forward-at-no-answer/busy as a part of this still can be (supposedly) easily implemented.

Currently services offered by both payed Voxalot and free mysipswitch are not logically complete, so one cannot build robust VoIP solution based on just one (and even two) services. Unfortunately it most likely drives many people out of VoIP...

The features you mention here though have never been considered as features for the consumer...hence the issue:

The trouble is this:

Business VoIP Service

Benefits:
-High Reliability
-Simultaneous Ringing, Hunting Groups
-Call Que

Limitations
-Can only buy DID numbers from them (pay for incoming calls to those DIDs)
-Can only use them for outgoing Calls

A good Business VoIP starter that'll let you start with a Free A la Carte acct, is onSIP

Consumer Minded Aggregator Platform

Benefits:
-Multiple Providers of your Choice for inbound and outbound calls
-Call Routing and Smart Call dial plans to chose lowest cost routes

Limitations:
-Lack of complex Call Forward features, or issues with complex Call Forward features when they exist due to compatibility issues with third party providers

Good examples of such services are Voxalot - Home, SIP Switch : Use multiple VoIP providers with one SIP phone, or www.PBXes.com

To put things bluntly: We are reaching a point where we as consumers want business class features but with a consumer level price, VoIP is probably one of those services that can actually achieve this, but we are not there yet
emoci is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Free DID Numbers, Free Voip Calls, & more Voip Info amroe Voxalot General 54 01-13-2014 09:11 AM
Provider Registrations and Call Forwarding - is VoXaLot support really needed? v164 Voxalot Support 2 07-07-2007 05:25 AM
call forwarding problem ramsudhir143 Voxalot Support 3 06-23-2007 08:29 PM
Call forwarding shezad Voxalot Support 9 01-09-2007 03:27 AM
SPA 3000 configuration for Voxalot Voicemail? MrHatken Voxalot Support 2 11-12-2006 07:21 AM


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:08 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.