Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 03-24-2007, 08:07 AM   #1
wilsonhlacerda

wilsonhlacerda is on a distinguished road
Thumbs down Can not have provider registered

Hi all/Martin, I'm trying to have VoXaLot registered with my new provider but I can't. I can register to it with X-PRO with no problem, but VoXaLot can not, although I'm using the same configuration.
I've already double checked username, password, host, etc. but no success.

The provider is a new Brazilian one. Its server is: 200.170.136.196 (only IP available). Among other codecs, it supports G711 and G729.
Its website (in portuguese) is: www.tudomais.netsite.com.br

I have another Brazilian provider (vono.net.br) registered with VoXaLot with no problem. But it is important to me to also have this new one registered.

My VoXaLot user is 945766.

Can you help me? Thanks in advance!
wilsonhlacerda is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-24-2007, 08:31 AM   #2
martin

martin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the rough

What does the register status say for this provider?

Please post support questions on the forum. Do not send PMs unless requested.
martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-24-2007, 04:45 PM   #3
wilsonhlacerda

Red face

Hi Martin. Right now (8 hours after last try to register) it is "Failed".

Thanks, Wilson.
Unread 03-24-2007, 09:30 PM   #4
martin

martin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilsonhlacerda View Post
Hi Martin. Right now (8 hours after last try to register) it is "Failed".

Thanks, Wilson.
Before the status goes to "Failed" it would have had another value. What was that value?

To kick off re-registration go into provider details, set SIP Register to "No"-> Save -> set SIP Register to "Yes" -> Save.

Unread 03-24-2007, 09:40 PM   #5
wilsonhlacerda

Unhappy

Hi Martin, I've just tried again.

The first status is "Pending". A few minutes later is "Auth. Sent" (I'm not sure if this is the second, or third,...because I could have missed some fast ones). Now, 30 minutes after re-register it is "Auth. Sent" yet.

Feel free to look my user/password/host in the "Tudo Mais" provider and try it "by hand" in your softphone/ATA. Or if you want I can PM you them.

PS: it is not a problem at all for me, but there's another weird registering status in my account with another provider: blaterisk. Once I've asked to register to it and it was fine. Then I've asked to NOT register but it can not! It can not unregister.

Thanks again,
Wilson
Unread 03-24-2007, 10:06 PM   #6
martin

Quote:
Hi Martin, I've just tried again.

The first status is "Pending". A few minutes later is "Auth. Sent" (I'm not sure if this is the second, or third,...because I could have missed some fast ones). Now, 30 minutes after re-register it is "Auth. Sent" yet.

Feel free to look my user/password/host in the "Tudo Mais" provider and try it "by hand" in your softphone/ATA. Or if you want I can PM you them.

PS: it is not a problem at all for me, but there's another weird registering status in my account with another provider: blaterisk. Once I've asked to register to it and it was fine. Then I've asked to NOT register but it can not! It can not unregister.

Thanks again,
Wilson
Hello Wilson,

"Auth Sent" means there is a problem with the username and/or password. We have no visibility of passwords so you will have to double check them yourself.

Unregistering providers can take up to 1 hour for the provider to expire the registration.

Unread 03-24-2007, 10:15 PM   #7
wilsonhlacerda

Martin, I've already double, tri checked user/pass. I'm sure they are ok. And I'm using just the same ones in my X-PRO to register with no problem at all. (And yes...I unregister/close X-PRO to try to register with VoXaLot).

Now I sent an email to the provider asking them if they block registrations from IPs that are not in Brazil. I don't believe this, but just in case...

Besides user/pass (and I guess blocked IPs) is there other causes for the "Auth. Sent"?

If you prefer I can PM you my user/pass so you can try yourself.

About the unregister...there's more than 1 month! And nothing...

Thanks for your help, Wilson.
Unread 03-24-2007, 10:35 PM   #8
martin

Quote:
Martin, I've already double, tri checked user/pass. I'm sure they are ok. And I'm using just the same ones in my X-PRO to register with no problem at all. (And yes...I unregister/close X-PRO to try to register with VoXaLot).

Now I sent an email to the provider asking them if they block registrations from IPs that are not in Brazil. I don't believe this, but just in case...
Just checked the logs and the provider is not sending back a response after the REGISTER is sent.

Quote:
About the unregister...there's more than 1 month! And nothing...

Thanks for your help, Wilson.
That is because "blagger" is a shared username. If it is registered with one account, the status will be reflected in all other accounts.

That said, any inbounds from that account will not effect you.

Unread 03-24-2007, 10:59 PM   #9
wilsonhlacerda

Quote:
Just checked the logs and the provider is not sending back a response after the REGISTER is sent.
Oooops! So can be blocked IP? Well...let's wait till the provider reply my email on this.

Just thinking: this is the first provider that I put in voxalot only with the IP. This is not a problem for voxalot, is it?
And also I've "ping -a" the server IP and I saw that the name of it is a very large one. Is voxalot tring to get its name and having some problem with the size?

Thank you for your help.
Unread 03-24-2007, 11:03 PM   #10
martin

Quote:
Oooops! So can be blocked IP? Well...let's wait till the provider reply my email on this.

Just thinking: this is the first provider that I put in voxalot only with the IP. This is not a problem for voxalot, is it?
And also I've "ping -a" the server IP and I saw that the name of it is a very large one. Is voxalot tring to get its name and having some problem with the size?

Thank you for your help.
Hi Wilson,

VoXaLot takes whatever you give it (hostname, IP address etc). It does not do reverse name lookups.

See what your provider says and if they need something on our side, please let us know.