Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 08-13-2006, 11:14 PM   #1
tompoe

tompoe is on a distinguished road
Default dial plan glitch: can't list provider

I have tried to add dial plan, with all numbers going through provider 1, but the tab for entering provider site won't let me choose anything. Can you help?
Tom
tompoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-14-2006, 01:00 AM   #2
martin

martin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the rough

Hi,

Have you added providers?

You need to add providers before they are visible in the list. Just click on the "Providers" link on the right hand side.

Please post support questions on the forum. Do not send PMs unless requested.
martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-14-2006, 01:25 AM   #3
tompoe

Martin: Thanks. Tried it, but it says voxalot.com already exists.

I followed the dial plan tutorial, and when it asks for provider, there's no way to change what is showing in the text box/field. The reason I wanted to add a dial plan, was to set up for speed dial. Maybe, instead of speed dial, I can see how the automatic complete phone number feature works, and go with that, instead.
Tom
Unread 08-14-2006, 01:44 AM   #4
Ron

Ron will become famous soon enough

You don't need to set up VoXaLot as a Provider or in your Dial Plan. Six-digit numbers that don't match any Dial Plan entry will be automatically considered to be a VoXaLot number.

Speed Dial does not use Provider or Dial Plan entries. To set up a Speed Dial to a VoXaLot number, simply enter:

sip:xxxxxx@voxalot.com as the destination.

Ron
Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-14-2006, 01:51 AM   #5
martin

martin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the rough

As Ron describes we do not allow members to add voxalot.com as a provider as it is built in already.

Unread 08-14-2006, 02:10 AM   #6
tompoe

Got it! All set up. Thanks, much. Next up, I study the topic of ENUM. As I understand it, if I have an ENUM account, I can tell folks they should too, and then they can dial the regular phone number, and have it go VoIP over their VoIP account. Question, though, if they have a VoIP account, wouldn't they just use my voxalot number to call me?
Unread 08-14-2006, 02:41 AM   #7
martin

Quote:
Originally Posted by tompoe
Got it! All set up. Thanks, much. Next up, I study the topic of ENUM. As I understand it, if I have an ENUM account, I can tell folks they should too, and then they can dial the regular phone number, and have it go VoIP over their VoIP account. Question, though, if they have a VoIP account, wouldn't they just use my voxalot number to call me?
Yes they can just call your VoXaLot number. The difference is that the caller is making a conscious decision to use a VoIP number to access you. The idea of ENUM is that the caller does not have to be unaware that they are reaching you via VoIP as they are just dialling your "phone number". Read up a little more on ENUM and hopefully you will see what it is I mean.