Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 03-05-2009, 12:06 PM   #1
martin

martin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the rough
Default Todays Problems

Hi,

We have noticed quite a lot of problems reported today. We are still trawling through the logs to understand the root cause.

We have just sanity checked the servers and on our side things are looking OK at the moment. Are people still having problems right now?

If so, please provide details.

Thanks

Please post support questions on the forum. Do not send PMs unless requested.
martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-05-2009, 12:26 PM   #2
g00fy

g00fy is on a distinguished road

It seems it always OK from your side, but there are still problems very frequently and it takes too long time before they are solved! Not only these problems, but also individual ones. I wish to remember you I have still a case open for more than a month (started much earlier) and that is not solved also.
Search the forum for much more of these cases.

Why is this lack of customer support and communications. I think we deserve these as a premium member (for sure the communications should be much much better!).
g00fy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-05-2009, 01:12 PM   #3
kendid

kendid is on a distinguished road

Looks like everything is working again... YAY!

I noticed it first thing this AM (5:00 GMT) -- tried to make a call on the US servers. Nothing but dead air. Switched to EU server, nothing again. Tried calling voicemail and echo test but same dead air.

WHen doing test numbers on the dial plans, we found out the numbers that weren't working on our ATA devices, also did not work on the dial plan test applet (it just hung).

Hope that helps you identify the source of your problem!

Good luck...
kendid is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-05-2009, 01:41 PM   #4
JerryT

JerryT is on a distinguished road

This one is weird.

All our outgoing calls go through Voxalot, almost all then via Pennytel. At about 2205 Sydney time, a friend called to say she'd had a call from us (we came up on the caller ID). I guess the call was silent. We hadn't called. I found a record of the call at 2159 Sydney time in the Voxalot and Pennytel logs, but not in the call log of our Billion 6404VGP, although an earlier call to a different number was in the log.

Only our Billion uses that Voxalot account.

My wife had called the same friend about nine hours earlier. The only explanation I can see is that Voxalot spontanaeously repeated that call.
JerryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-05-2009, 01:58 PM   #5
carlosalbffgomes

carlosalbffgomes is on a distinguished road
Default Voip User account still registered with US Server IP

Now I'm working with the EU Server. However, my voip user account still appears as being registered at the US Server. But apparently it works and calls tens to pass through to my IP phone (not always, but usually).
It seems to me that was some kind of problem with one of the US Server (IP 64.34.173.199) and this one was the server I was registered until some hours ago. Registration was taking some more delay and the phone was not allways registered.
Regards,
carlosalbffgomes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-05-2009, 03:13 PM   #6
hayim

hayim is on a distinguished road

Had same problem today: voxalot wasnt placing calls through the dial plans but was registering and SIP calls worked.

All seems well now.
hayim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-05-2009, 06:41 PM   #7
ladude626

ladude626 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayim View Post
Had same problem today: voxalot wasnt placing calls through the dial plans but was registering and SIP calls worked.

All seems well now.
The problem seemed to be with the dialplan timing out (or related to). If I dialed a number that was set to go to through one of my VSP then the call wouldn'y work. If the number was to be dialed by Sip Broker (set in my dialplan) then the calls went through.
ladude626 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-05-2009, 08:12 PM   #8
martin

martin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the rough
Default Root Cause

After many hours of log file analysis we believe we have found the root cause of todays outage.

At 02:03:34 5th March GMT a huge amount of SIP traffic began hitting our core telephony engine. This traffic was clearly a DOS attack on our system, and lasted for approx 4 hours.

The source of the attack was from a number of different data centres around the world and until we complete our investigation, all IP traffic from those data centres have now been blocked until further notice.

We sincerely apologise for todays disruption and will provide additional updates as more information becomes available.

Thanks

Please post support questions on the forum. Do not send PMs unless requested.
martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-06-2009, 06:52 AM   #9
g00fy

g00fy is on a distinguished road

The problems began with the eu-server in the afternoon of 4th March. So, what was causing that than?

Also, the first posts on the forum came around that time. Why didn't anyone respond on that. As this is the only way to get support, I may hope the forum is being monitored for getting to know if there are problems or not?

And can you also please respond on my question above why there isn't any communication from Voxalot's side when a problem in the system arise. Is it too hard to even give a message something's wrong, so people won't hassle with there own systems to try to solve it?
g00fy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-06-2009, 08:40 AM   #10
kendid

kendid is on a distinguished road

Wierd it affected only some of the dialplans, and the dialplan applet...

Slight inconvenience here this time as switching servers didn't appear to help -- which is rare! Also, I was unable to access the forum for a period 6 hours before the attack... Maybe related?

Working good here today!
kendid is offline   Reply With Quote