Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 05-01-2008, 11:02 AM   #1
joe2k1

joe2k1 is on a distinguished road
Default Grandstream 486 and Voxalot

Hello everyone,

I am a brand new member. Hope you can help me out. I have signed up for a SIP account from voxalot. I was using a softphone x-lite to test the service out! I am very impressed. I went out and bought a grandstream 486, but I am having some trouble getting it configured. My first issue is being able to see the IP address of the grandstream 486 on my network, (I already have a router loaded with dd-wrt firmware) I am able to configure the grandstream on a spare computer but I'm not too certain of the specific settings. It appears that the grandstream 486 can actually function as a router with a DSL provider, I am not certain how to turn off this feature and run it just like another DHCP device on my network. Just to summarize I want to be able to use my analogue phone connected to the grandstream to receive calls only via the SIP number I got from voxalot. I found the STUN settings and managed to put my SIP numbers in, but the device still flashes red meaning it has not registered. Some additional background my router uses 192.168.1.1 and sets IPs via DHCP. I should also mention that my grandstream 486 is unlocked and a revision 2.0 if that helps. Thank you!
joe2k1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-01-2008, 03:45 PM   #2
emoci

emoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to all

Have you already looked at this....
http://www.grandstream.com/user_manu...UserManual.pdf

Unfortunately, there is no easy way, you are gonna have to play with the Grandstream until you get the hang of it, but that Manual is pretty good....

One Tip: Check section 5.1, option 12, to enable WAN access so you can have it hooked up to the internet and configure it by hooking up the computer to the Web Access Port

Some settings to keep in mind:

-Set it with DHCP (manual page 19)
-Voip Setup (page 25)
Sip Server: us.voxalot.com
Outbound: us.voxalot.com
SipUserID: VoXalot number
AuthID: VoXalot Number
Password: Your Pass
Name: Whatever ou Wish
Codecs: PCMU/PCMA at top, followed by G729 (I would kick G723 from the list completely)
Stun: I'd reccomend stun.xten.com
Enable Calling Features (top of page 27): may want to disable it as you get started and learn, we've had a few issues here, where the calling features on the HandyTone get on the way of dialing some VoXalot strings....

Sorry I can'tbe of more help...keep in mind I don't use one of these so the manual is my only source of reference....
emoci is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-03-2008, 04:41 AM   #3
kurun

kurun is a jewel in the roughkurun is a jewel in the rough

I did set up a GS 486 some time ago, and I could not get it to work with the firmware that came with the device.
It worked fine after a firmware upgrade. I suggest you do this first.
Hth ...
kurun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-04-2008, 02:45 AM   #4
joe2k1

joe2k1 is on a distinguished road

After many hours of troubleshooting turns out I needed to upgrade the firmware! Thanks soo much for all your assistance.
joe2k1 is offline   Reply With Quote