Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 08-12-2006, 03:21 AM   #1
gordon_tor

gordon_tor is on a distinguished road
Default voxalot account can't get any call.

I have 2 vsp accounts: vbuzzer.com:80 and voipstunt. I can register with my voxalot account, and dial out through these 2 vsp. But I can only call my voxalot account through another voxalot account. When I tried call my account with vbuzzer ID or voipstunt ID, i was told it's invalid, and I would get a voicemail. And I can't call my voxalot account through *010xxxxxx with vbuzzer or voipstunt or any other SIP account. Who can help me to fix it? Thanks.
gordon_tor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-12-2006, 01:30 PM   #2
fozzie

fozzie is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by gordon_tor
And I can't call my voxalot account through *010xxxxxx with vbuzzer or voipstunt or any other SIP account. Who can help me to fix it? Thanks.
You won't be able to call a Voxalot number from another VSP using *010 unless they have a peering arrangement with Voxalot (or Sipbroker) and the same short-code is used. I'm pretty sure that Voipstunt don't have a peering arrangement but don't know about vbuzzer.
fozzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-12-2006, 01:45 PM   #3
gordon_tor

Quote:
Originally Posted by fozzie
You won't be able to call a Voxalot number from another VSP using *010 unless they have a peering arrangement with Voxalot (or Sipbroker) and the same short-code is used. I'm pretty sure that Voipstunt don't have a peering arrangement but don't know about vbuzzer.
How can I know if a VSP has a peering arrangement with Sipbroker? I can see voipstunt in the Sipbroker list, *568.
Unread 08-12-2006, 02:03 PM   #4
fozzie

Quote:
I can see voipstunt in the Sipbroker list, *568.
That will allow you to call from Voxalot to Voipstunt using *568xxxxxx but it doesn't mean you can call from Voipstunt back to Voxalot with the same code.

You need to speak to the other VSP to find out if they have any peering arrangements with Voxalot/Sipbroker; I suspect you'll find they don't.

Generally speaking, you need to be able to do SIP URI dialling to get from the other VSP in to Voxalot, i.e. 'sip:xxxxxx@voxalot.com'.
Unread 08-12-2006, 03:29 PM   #5
gordon_tor

Quote:
That will allow you to call from Voxalot to Voipstunt using *568xxxxxx but it doesn't mean you can call from Voipstunt back to Voxalot with the same code.

You need to speak to the other VSP to find out if they have any peering arrangements with Voxalot/Sipbroker; I suspect you'll find they don't.

Generally speaking, you need to be able to do SIP URI dialling to get from the other VSP in to Voxalot, i.e. 'sip:xxxxxx@voxalot.com'.
I tried to dial sip:xxxxxx@voxalot.com from voipstunt. It said "The person you want to call doesn't exist".
Unread 08-12-2006, 04:36 PM   #6
fozzie

Quote:
I tried to dial sip:xxxxxx@voxalot.com from voipstunt. It said "The person you want to call doesn't exist".
That's correct; they don't support URI dialling.
Unread 08-15-2006, 12:31 AM   #7
gordon_tor

Quote:
That's correct; they don't support URI dialling.
My voxalot account has 2 VSPs, vbuzzer and voipstunt. Both of them can't get any call. Whenever I call it, either from other vbuzzer account to my vbuzzer acct, or another voipstunt acct to my voipstunt acct, I get an error message: the person you are calling does not exist. I'm so confused.
Unread 08-15-2006, 08:04 AM   #8
fozzie

It would be easier to help if you could describe exactly what your setup is, exactly what you are dialling and from what device, and what it is you want to be able to achieve.
Unread 08-21-2006, 03:06 PM   #9
gordon_tor

Quote:
It would be easier to help if you could describe exactly what your setup is, exactly what you are dialling and from what device, and what it is you want to be able to achieve.
I have a voxalot account, and added a VSP, voipstunt. I configured the eyeBeam to use the voxalot account. I made a dial plan that I can dial out to any phone number, as well as 500 (voic mail). But when I dial my voipstunt account from another voipstunt account, I was told it's valid. And I have a vbuzzer account with a phone number bundled to the voxalot account. When I call that phone number, I also get a messange that this number does not exist. The ISP i'm using is a cable company, and my computer connects to the modem directly.
Unread 09-06-2006, 04:11 PM   #10
gordon_tor

No one else met the same problem?