Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 11-04-2007, 02:33 PM   #1
rolfey

rolfey is on a distinguished road
Default Caller ID

Hi,

I am hoping that someone has had the same problem as me and there is a resolution out there.

First lets detail the set up.

I am using a voxalot account, with is configured to connect to voipcheap for outgoing calls. This all works fine.

I also am using another account www.pimpmynumber.com parkerad, which I have an assigned PSTN number that points to my Voxalot VOIP number for incoming calls. I have had to do this because voipcheap.com do not provide an incoming number any more.

To make all this happen I am using a Grandstream 286 ATA.

Now you have an idea of what I use, and what I use to do it with, here is he problem.

I want to sent caller id to the person I am making the call to. I have looked all over the forum and seen that to do this you have to configure the caller id settings within the voipcheap software. I have done this and then placed a call to my home phone from the software client, nothing shows up.

I have also tried from my VOIP phone (via ATA) and still nothing.

Summing up I don't seem to be able to present caller id any way at all, this is a problem when calling some people, as they wont pick up with blocked caller id.

Mike
rolfey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-04-2007, 03:58 PM   #2
gambrinus

gambrinus is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to gambrinus Send a message via MSN to gambrinus Send a message via Skype™ to gambrinus

Hi Mike,

this might be the solution:
After you have added the number you want to present as a Caller ID to your voipcheap profile, you must activate it in the software. To do so, go to "Tools", then "Options", then "CallerID". Click the "Verify" link beneath the number and receive a call on this number. You have to type in the PIN code show in the software to verify you are the owner of the number.

After you have successfully verified the number log in to your Voxalot account. Go to the "Voice Service Providers" menu and edit the voipcheap account settings. Click the "Advanced settings" button and enter the number you want to use as a caller ID in the "From user" line (overwriting your user name). Use international format with 2 leading zeros, for example 00443211234567 or 0049691234567. This is important!

This number should now be presented as a caller ID.

You can verify up to 5 phone numbers with voipcheap. In Voxalot simply setup the same voipcheap account up to 5 times with a different "from user" for each account.
Using "SmartCall" dial plans you can present different caller IDs to different numbers dialled... ;-)

- gambrinus

Last edited by gambrinus; 11-04-2007 at 04:05 PM.
gambrinus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-04-2007, 04:23 PM   #3
rolfey

Thanks for your reply,

I have a weird issue with this, in as much as when I use the voice varification service, I am unable to enter the number, it just doesn't seem to recognise the button presses. really really strange.

Also, when I edit the voipcheap software, I have to configure my new voip number as a home number, otherwise I don't get the option to use the voice varification service.

is this normal?

Mike
Unread 11-04-2007, 04:52 PM   #4
chatalot

chatalot is on a distinguished road

If you can't get the DTMF tones recognised when you try to type them in then can you divert your DID at pimpmynumber to a landline and then try from there. Once verified you can point it back to voxalot. I can confirm that I get callerID with voipcheap.com by going to tools > options> callerID > and verifying my PSTN DID as a home phone number.

Last edited by chatalot; 11-04-2007 at 04:55 PM.
chatalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-04-2007, 05:28 PM   #5
rolfey

ahh, thats a great idea.

I have another issue now though, I have tried so many times to register the number, that now voipcheap software is telling me that I've tried too many times and it wont let me go any further. I am hoping that this is will time out.

Mike
Unread 11-04-2007, 05:50 PM   #6
rolfey

ok quick update,

it's a shame, but I am unable to divert my pimp number unless I upgrade to the premium service, I don't really wanna spend any more cash as this kinda defeats the object.

I am beginning to think that I'm stuffed, I can change the DTMF tones from my Grandstream, but thats if I ever get the chance to register the numer again.

Mike
Unread 11-04-2007, 05:55 PM   #7
chatalot

I think you need to top-up if you can't verify the number for free anymore. It might be safer to sign up again though - if you are calling the UK you may wish to try voipcheap.com (not .co.uk) as they have good mobile rates but only 90 free days per top up.

gambrinus - thanks for your post above about sending different caller ID's from Betamax accounts

It gave me an idea and I have managed to remove my CallerID by copying the settings to a new provider and setting the from address as nothing and naming the provider Voipcheap Anonymous.

I have now set up a smart call for any numbers starting 141 to go through Voipcheap Anonymous. 141 is the uk prefix for a call with no CLI presented. It works just like a UK landline now.
Unread 11-04-2007, 07:35 PM   #8
rolfey

yeah, well I do have some credit, I grant not much, but thats the other thing, they have changed it so that you can no longer topup with a credit or debit card.

You would think that they don't want any money!

Mike
Unread 11-05-2007, 07:17 PM   #9
rolfey

Ok,

I have created a new account with money on it, and again I have tried to go through the caller id thing, the phone rings, but no matter what I do I just cannot get the service to recognise the button tones, so I don't get to verify my number.

I have tried forwarding to another number at various stages. If I set forward on the voipcheap client, it just ignores it and still rings the voip phone.

If I set forwarding on the Grandstream box, nothing happens at all.
I am unable to set forwarding on the voxalot account as you need a premium account to do so.

I think that I am about to give up it seems that it's just not meant to be.

Mike
Unread 11-05-2007, 09:05 PM   #10
chatalot

Are you able to send your DID direct to your landline or mobile bypasing voip completely.

I think I had problems with my number but I kept trying and eventually it worked.

Sorry just noticed that you said earlier that you can't do that unless you upgrade at pimp

What country do you need a DID for?

Last edited by chatalot; 11-05-2007 at 09:08 PM.