Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > SIP Broker Forums > SIP Broker Support

SIP Broker Support Support for the SIP Broker service.

Unread 12-10-2007, 01:27 AM   #1
rovert

rovert is on a distinguished road
Default Calls direct to SPA2102 via Alias

Hi,

I finally got direct inbound calls to my LinkSys SPA2102 via my SIPBroker alias to work - I had been trying *011 5xxx instead of *011 61 5xxx !! - I missed the small print on my SIPBroker login and missed the country code requirement.

I can use the SIPBroker alias from either the SIPBroker PSTN gateway (Melbourne) or via a seperate IP phone registered to my VOXALOT number (it is on the same network, but I think the call goes out then into my ADSL link).

My problem now is that the SPA2102 cannot make outhgoing calls on its SIPME account after following the SIPBroker FAQ instructions here: SIP Broker Wiki : Inbound Calls Directly to your LinkSys or Sipura

Setting NAT Mapping Enable=Yes (as per instructions above) caused the SIPME account registration to fail. Without this setting direct incoming calls don't work, but SIPME does.

So my question is, it possible to configure the SPA2102 for direct calls AND for it to remain registered and make and receive calls with my VSP i.e SIPME ? - or do I have to dedicate one SPA2102 "line" for direct calls ?

My SIPBroker alias *01161 xxxx maps to 1777xxxxxx@yyyy.dyndns.org
SPA2102 account is 1777xxxxxx and Proxy is sip.sipme.com.au

Trevor
rovert is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-10-2007, 02:52 AM   #2
emoci

emoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by rovert View Post
Hi,

I finally got direct inbound calls to my LinkSys SPA2102 via my SIPBroker alias to work - I had been trying *011 5xxx instead of *011 61 5xxx !! - I missed the small print on my SIPBroker login and missed the country code requirement.

I can use the SIPBroker alias from either the SIPBroker PSTN gateway (Melbourne) or via a seperate IP phone registered to my VOXALOT number (it is on the same network, but I think the call goes out then into my ADSL link).

My problem now is that the SPA2102 cannot make outhgoing calls on its SIPME account after following the SIPBroker FAQ instructions here: SIP Broker Wiki : Inbound Calls Directly to your LinkSys or Sipura

Setting NAT Mapping Enable=Yes (as per instructions above) caused the SIPME account registration to fail. Without this setting direct incoming calls don't work, but SIPME does.

So my question is, it possible to configure the SPA2102 for direct calls AND for it to remain registered and make and receive calls with my VSP i.e SIPME ? - or do I have to dedicate one SPA2102 "line" for direct calls ?

My SIPBroker alias *01161 xxxx maps to 1777xxxxxx@yyyy.dyndns.org
SPA2102 account is 1777xxxxxx and Proxy is sip.sipme.com.au

Trevor
Ok,

You are 100% sure that had you used user@sipme.com (or whichever the correct way for a SipMe SIP URI) SipMe would not accept the call directly from SipBroker cause it seems to have a green light on SipBroker meaning calls are getitng through....

If this is the case you can skip using DynDns altogether.... your ATA is registered with SipMe, your Alias points to SipMe Uri (so instead of 1777xxxxxx@yyyy.dyndns.org you'd use 1777xxxxxx@sip.sipme.com.au) your ATA should ring

Even without an ALIAS if someone dials *320YourSipMe Number, your ATA should ring...

Finally if all that fails (and provided you are just using SipMe for outgoing calls), get a Free VoXalot account which will accept both calls from SipBroker and let you configure SipMe as an outgoing provider...

I hope that helps somehow....
emoci is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-10-2007, 11:11 AM   #3
rovert

rovert is on a distinguished road

Thanks emoci,

1777xxxxxx registers to sipme.com.au OK until I change the NAT setting to make the alias dialling work, then it fails.

*3201777xxxxxx does not work (despite the green light) for SIPME. It used to work months ago but something has change at the simpe end.

I could use a Voxalot account on the SPA and access it via the SIPBroker PSTN gateway (I tried this and it works), I was just trying out the Alias which uses my SIPME account number (which I probably could change) .

It was the appeal of the direct URI dialling that interested me mainly for the geek factor.

I have some relatives travelling overseas soon and I wanted to set up a system where they can call home from the local SIP Broker PSTN gateway and for the call to be routed to my VoIP phone. I also use PennyTel (*234) and they accept incoming SIP calls OK.

I was just wondering if I could have SIPME registered and for direct calling to work together but the NAT Mapping Enable stops this.

Trevor
rovert is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-11-2007, 02:51 AM   #4
emoci

emoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by rovert View Post
Thanks emoci,

1777xxxxxx registers to sipme.com.au OK until I change the NAT setting to make the alias dialling work, then it fails.

*3201777xxxxxx does not work (despite the green light) for SIPME. It used to work months ago but something has change at the simpe end.

I could use a Voxalot account on the SPA and access it via the SIPBroker PSTN gateway (I tried this and it works), I was just trying out the Alias which uses my SIPME account number (which I probably could change) .

It was the appeal of the direct URI dialling that interested me mainly for the geek factor.

I have some relatives travelling overseas soon and I wanted to set up a system where they can call home from the local SIP Broker PSTN gateway and for the call to be routed to my VoIP phone. I also use PennyTel (*234) and they accept incoming SIP calls OK.

I was just wondering if I could have SIPME registered and for direct calling to work together but the NAT Mapping Enable stops this.

Trevor
I can't explain why NAT mapping enable becomes a problem....but as you say it's a pickle...

My Suggestion:

-Get a Free VoXalot acct
-Register your ATA with VoXalot (make sure incoming calls to SipBroker Access Number then *010VoXNumber and outgoing calls to*600 are working ok)
-Set up SipMe and PennyTel as outgoing providers in your VoXalot acct (SIP Register set to NO)

Question: Do you have an actual Incoming DID number with either SipMe or PennyTel?

If yes, to recieve incoming calls you'll need to set SIP Registration to Yes for that provider which requires a VoXPremium Acct--starts at $15/year for one incoming provider--

Optionally you may be able to achieve the incoming call from the DID to VoXalot for free via a third party provider (see MySipSwitch or PBXes, but depending on your situation and provider, sound quality may suffer, that said it is a good start for testing....if you're expecting reliability I would go with a VoXalot Premium in the long run)

Having taken care of that you now have three options for incoming VoIP calls:

1. SipBroker Access Number then *010VoXNumber
2. SipBroker Access Number then *011SipBrokerAlias (Alias for VoXNumber@us.voxalot.com)
3. Register your number with ENum (e164.org) and have it pointed at VoXNumber@us.voxalot.com, now someone can call SipBroker Access Number then Your Number (no * and no SipCodes required)

Now granted, the above things maybe more work than they sound when you read them in a few sentences so some patience is required

Hope that helps to some degree.....
emoci is offline   Reply With Quote