Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 06-02-2006, 12:02 AM   #41
ctylor

ctylor will become famous soon enough

Yes you are right, calls to Vbuzzer are going directly to Voxalot voicemail (not Vbuzzer's, as I wrongly thought). But to help Martin out, I never did change my preferred Voxalot server (it was always the .com one) and even after several days of SIP Register for Vbuzzer being set to true/yes, it still displays this behavior of going straight to Voxalot voice mail.

Honestly this is no biggy to me, VBuzzer is supposed to be very hard to set up on Asterisk or an ATA as is, even though it is a BYOD service, and it is not surprising a small snafu has cropped up. I am still wildly impressed at what Voxalot is already capable of now.
ctylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-02-2006, 05:33 AM   #42
pvergers

pvergers is on a distinguished road

Looks like the problem could be provider specific.
Contrasting with ctylor, however, this is a biggy for me as koala hold my DID, so if this don't work voxalot cannot be my primary registration and that would be a real shame - so much to offer.

Martin, any help you can give would be great (I'm happy to try and assist in any testing)
pvergers is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-02-2006, 01:01 PM   #43
richard

richard is on a distinguished road

vBuzzer also holds my DID and I need this service as it is local to me, thus I either register my ATA to vBuzzer or Voxalot. If I can't get vBuzzer to work with Voxalot, then I may not be able to use Voxlot of my ATA, which would be a shame :-(

Martin any word on the status of my registrations? You were going to check them for me.

Richard
richard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-02-2006, 02:01 PM   #44
martin

martin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the rough

There are 11 registrations with vbuzzer each of them flagged as "Registered".

I do not however see and entry on voxalot.com for "VBuzzer 416502"

Please post support questions on the forum. Do not send PMs unless requested.
martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-02-2006, 02:29 PM   #45
richard

richard is on a distinguished road

Hi Martin

"There are 11 registrations with vbuzzer each of them flagged as "Registered"."

I'm a little confused. 11 registrations? Are you saying vBuzzer shows as "Registered"?

I only have 8 VSPs registered.

vbuzzer.com
sip1.sipdiscount.com
proxy01.sipphone.com
fwd.pulver.com
sip.stanaphone.com
sipgate.co.uk
voip.eutelia.it
voip.eutelia.it

Are all 8 above showing a status of successfully registered?

"I do not however see and entry on voxalot.com for "VBuzzer 416502""

I'm not sure what you mean. Do I need to manually create a "voxalot.com" entry under providers? What do you mean "for vBuzzer 416502"? Sorry I don't understand. I might be a little confused ;-)

Richard
richard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-02-2006, 11:25 PM   #46
DracoFelis

DracoFelis is a jewel in the roughDracoFelis is a jewel in the rough
Default VBuzzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctylor
Yes you are right, calls to Vbuzzer are going directly to Voxalot voicemail (not Vbuzzer's, as I wrongly thought). But to help Martin out, I never did change my preferred Voxalot server (it was always the .com one) and even after several days of SIP Register for Vbuzzer being set to true/yes, it still displays this behavior of going straight to Voxalot voice mail.
I'm wondering if this could partially be due to a CODEC issue. I know on ATAs, VBuzzer is very touchy about tthe CODEC settings. While both G711u and G729a seem to work with Vbuzzer, they often only work when you "force" those CODECS in your VoIP adapter. When you let VBuzzer auto-negotiate a CODEC (i.e. when you give VBuzzer more than one CODEC choice), it will often blow it (and prevent the call from going through)!

So you might try removing all the CODEC choices from the VBuzzer provider, except for the single CODEC you want to use with them. Not sure it will help, but it couldn't hurt...
DracoFelis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-03-2006, 12:04 AM   #47
martin

martin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by richard
I'm a little confused. 11 registrations? Are you saying vBuzzer shows as "Registered"?
We can see a total of 11 successful registrations on voxalot.com for vbuzzer. If you PM me your username for vbuzzer I can then inform you if one of them is yours.

Sorry for the confusion.

Unread 06-03-2006, 12:07 AM   #48
martin

Quote:
Originally Posted by DracoFelis
So you might try removing all the CODEC choices from the VBuzzer provider, except for the single CODEC you want to use with them. Not sure it will help, but it couldn't hurt...
This is a good suggestion. Maybe just leave ulaw as a test.

Unread 06-03-2006, 12:09 AM   #49
ctylor

ctylor will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by DracoFelis
I'm wondering if this could partially be due to a CODEC issue. I know on ATAs, VBuzzer is very touchy about tthe CODEC settings. While both G711u and G729a seem to work with Vbuzzer, they often only work when you "force" those CODECS in your VoIP adapter. When you let VBuzzer auto-negotiate a CODEC (i.e. when you give VBuzzer more than one CODEC choice), it will often blow it (and prevent the call from going through)!

I tried putting only ulaw in my VBuzzer entry and have allowed almost 45 minutes for the settings to 'propagate', and still the SIP call goes to Voxalot voice mail rather than ringing my phone. So I don't think this was the problem.

Martin: my VBuzzer definitely is registered with Voxalot, since it definitely is Voxalot voice mail that is picking up the phone call immediately, but there is some sort of settings issue besides basic registration that routes the call directly to voice mail.

Perhaps this page might shed some light on the issue:
http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/A...ttings+vBuzzer

This Voxilla forum thread has some discussion of these settings: http://voxilla.com/PNphpBB2-viewtopi...t-vbuzzer.html
and this is another asterisk related one:
http://voxilla.com/PNphpBB2-viewtopi...t-vbuzzer.html

Last edited by ctylor; 06-03-2006 at 12:45 AM.
ctylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-03-2006, 02:04 AM   #50
Ron

Ron will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctylor
my VBuzzer definitely is registered with Voxalot, since it definitely is Voxalot voice mail that is picking up the phone call immediately, but there is some sort of settings issue besides basic registration that routes the call directly to voice mail.
Any chance you have Vbuzzer set to forward incoming calls to VoXaLot? If so, that could account for how Vbuzzer calls are arriving at VoXaLot without a registration.

Ron
Ron is offline   Reply With Quote