Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 12-29-2007, 02:45 AM   #11
dc2007

dc2007 is on a distinguished road

it goes straight to my vm.
so i assume when you said "...Obviously i had set the CFwd No Answer delay to be much shorter than the gateway delay." you able to make CFwd No Answer work?
dc2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-29-2007, 04:15 AM   #12
Kenthurst35

Kenthurst35 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc2007 View Post
so i assume when you said "...Obviously i had set the CFwd No Answer delay to be much shorter than the gateway delay." you able to make CFwd No Answer work?
No, unfortunately I wasn't able to make call forwarding to my Voxalot account work.

What I meant was that I had set up Call Forward No Answer to kick in after 10 secs, and the PSTN gateway, 30 secs. Despite this, all the PSTN caller heard was the line ring out, and then eventually the dial tone of the PSTN gateway.

BTW, the format I am using for the call forward destination is xxxxxx@au.voxalot.com.

Hope this helps.
Kenthurst35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-29-2007, 05:04 AM   #13
dc2007

try to use your vox number only, without @au.voxalot.com (my understanding is you already registered vox in line 1)
and
pstn line tab ---> PSTN-To-VoIP Gateway Setup ---> PSTN Caller ID Pattern:

try to put a number in PSTN Caller ID Pattern:

leaving it blank makes pstn caller goes directly to your Default DP
but putting number there restricts the rest of the callers to use your voip gateway and that somehow prevents erroneous use of your voip account unless you add their number in that caller id pattern section.
Unread 12-29-2007, 07:58 AM   #14
ozimarco

Location: Lower Chittering, about an hour from Perth, Western Australia
ozimarco is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to ozimarco

I used to have a problem where incoming calls were going to voicemail. I had STUN enabled as well as port forwarding. For some reason, those two settings prevented incoming calls getting through to my ATA.

The problem was eventually solved by disabling all port forwards while leaving STUN enabled on my PAP2 ATA.
Billion 7800VDPX + Siemens Gigaset A580IP and Yealink T22P.
ozimarco is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-29-2007, 12:11 PM   #15
Kenthurst35

Hi dc2007

Not quite sure what you are getting at here:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc2007 View Post
try to put a number in PSTN Caller ID Pattern:

leaving it blank makes pstn caller goes directly to your Default DP
but putting number there restricts the rest of the callers to use your voip gateway and that somehow prevents erroneous use of your voip account unless you add their number in that caller id pattern section.
From reading a number of thread here and on the Whirlpool forums, I understand that there are 2 ways of getting PSTN to divert to VM using the SPA-3102:
  1. Use CFwd parameters on the Line 1 and User 1 tabs to route the call
  2. Use the PSTN-to-VoIP gateway

I have been unable to divert to VM using the CFwd method so far.

Using the PSTN-to-VoIP gateway method, I have the following settings on the PSTN Tab (along with my understanding of how they work):

PSTN Caller Auth Method = None (don't authenticate)
PSTN Caller ID Pattern = Blank (any number sequence is valid)
PSTN Access List = Blank (all numbers have access to VoIP Gateway)
PSTN Caller Default DP = 4 (if no PIN match, this is the default)

Dialplan 4: (S0<:xxxxxx@au.voxalot.com>)

I can see on the info tab during a PSTN call, that the call is being forwarded to the address in dialplan 4 and since this is the behaviour I wanted, I am sure those settings are OK.

What I am not clear about is whether you think that using CFwd on the Line 1 tab requires different settings in the above fields?

Cheers
Unread 12-29-2007, 12:38 PM   #16
dc2007

with your present setup that means all, all pstn will go directly to xxxxxx@au.voxalot.com as its your Default DP. if that's what you want to happen then thats the right way. just don't forget to put your desired "Ringing duration" in your voaxlot account "Voicemail Settings". find the right ringing duration until you achieve what you want.
my config suggestion earlier was for selective pstn call forwarding as i want "all" unaswered/busy calls goes directly to my vox vm and other selected pstn callers goes to another vm or can access my voip gateway (default DP) with pin.
Unread 12-29-2007, 12:50 PM   #17
Kenthurst35

I'm cool with having all PSTN calls go to voxalot VM.

Problem is that I have been trying to get this to work for over 2 weeks now, without success.

The rest of my setup includes a Linksys WRT54G router, attached to a Motorola Surfboard modem. I have another SPA2000 ata on my home nw which is used only to make outgoing VoIP calls.

I have been reading about NAT/STUN/Port forwarding settings and the fact that SIP registration and Voice traffic are actually carried over 2 different protocols, which can cause problems. However, I am no NW expert so I feel that I am clutching at straws here.

Does anyone out there have some ideas as to why I can see calls being routed to the voxalot address, but VM never picks up?
Unread 12-29-2007, 02:48 PM   #18
dc2007

you can try to create a screen shot of your config and post here or save it as single html archive so others can able to check it whats wrong.
another thing you can temporarily directly connect your 3102 to your modem as it have a builtin router, though i very much doubt your problem have to do with routers.
and check also your dial plan in line1 because sometimes the conflict can be found there.
and as you said you dont mind having all your pstn calls go to the same vm then you dont have to put anything at all in user 1 tab. dont touch anything there.

Last edited by dc2007; 12-29-2007 at 02:57 PM. Reason: forgot
Unread 12-29-2007, 09:46 PM   #19
Kenthurst35

Hi dc2007

OK, I've saved the configuration in this HTML file: Linksys SPA Configuration.mht

Thanks for your help.
Unread 12-29-2007, 10:06 PM   #20
dc2007

line 1 ----> Supplementary Service Subscription
i noticed that you set to "No" the Cfwd No Ans Serv: and Cfwd Busy Serv:
try to change that back to 'Yes"

Last edited by dc2007; 12-29-2007 at 10:09 PM.