Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > ENUM.164 > e164.org Support

e164.org Support Support forum for the e164.org ENUM directory

Unread 02-17-2007, 07:14 AM   #1
Lanh

Lanh is on a distinguished road
Default Questions Regarding Enum

Hi,

I have read the wiki over at enum and still have a few questions before I go ahead and sign up.

1) Do I understand correctly that I will be able to register my UK mobile number 07920XXXXXX and if someone is using an ENUM enabled VoIP phone that they will be able to dial that number and come through to my normal phone which I have connected to my ATA?

2) Do I understand correctly that I will be able to do exacty the same with my UK personal (070175XXXXXX) and so-called National Rate number (0871XXXXXXX)?

3) Is it possible to switch this routing off at certain times so that instead of my ATA/Phone combo ringing when my mobile number is dialed, that my mobile actually rings, for instance, when I go out.

4) Am I correct in thinking that the ENUM look-up only applies to calls made over VoIP and NOT through normal providers (People calling from Vodafone will still be routed through to my Vodafone, people from BT/NTL will still be routed through to where I have the personal number redirected to)?

5) I understand that the numbers I register will need to be verified via call to those numbers which will give me a PIN I have to enter into the enum website.

I also understand that my SIP URI XXXXXX@eu.voxalot.com must be verified by having a call placed to it.

My question is, how many calls will each phone receive and what happens if the SIP URI is called when I have switched my ATA off (for instance if I am charging my phone for a few hours or if I switched it off before going to bed so as not to be disturbed - I sleep very strange hours).

6) Is the service really free?

I'd appreciate it if anyone could answer these questions for me, either all of them or just some of them.

Thank you for taking the time to read them and I apologise that they are so lengthy, I just wanted to fit all the questions and info in.
Lanh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-24-2007, 09:04 AM   #2
Lanh

Anyone able to help on any of the questions?
Unread 02-24-2007, 11:08 PM   #3
wmp

wmp is on a distinguished road

1) Yes
2) Yes
3) You can deactivate the number on the e164.org website. I have not found any way to route calls based on time.
4) I believe ENUM lookups can be done by any company but it seems to be limited to VOIP providers. In my case, calls from non-voip companies are not routed through ENUM.
5) When you initially set up your account on e164.org there is a test immediately to the phone number you enter. They do probe for active numbers after that but your VoXaLot account should send it to VM if you are not registered (but e164 will still see it as valid).
6) Free, yes.
wmp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-01-2007, 01:09 AM   #4
Lanh

Thanks wmp!

I have gone ahead and registered a couple of numbers and donated for premium verification which is hopefully now complete.

I couldn't find anywhere in the control panel to switch off the sip uri translation but thinking about it, it's not really that important because it's mostly used by companies to call me @ 35p/min or more.

Now I can use it for SIP as well and instead of having to remember a SIP URI, just give them the same number in international format (with or without the *013 SipBroker prefix (depending on whether or not their provider does ENUM lookups)!

Thanks again, I appreciate it, you've helped me simplify things a hell of a lot!
Unread 04-07-2007, 03:16 PM   #5
evilbunny

evilbunny is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmp View Post
3) You can deactivate the number on the e164.org website. I have not found any way to route calls based on time.
We thought about implementing it at one stage but I don't know of anything software/hardware that supports it so it was a bit of a waste of time, let me know if there is something that supports it.

Quote:
4) I believe ENUM lookups can be done by any company but it seems to be limited to VOIP providers. In my case, calls from non-voip companies are not routed through ENUM.
Feel free to hassle your phone company to support this but I don't see it happening any time soon
evilbunny is offline   Reply With Quote