Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Closed Thread
Unread 03-27-2007, 01:50 PM   #131
amgra

amgra is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by cstewart View Post
Another option to our issue with Betamax blocking voxalot may be to use a Linksys SPA3102 adapter?
From what I have read on various reviews it will support multiple outgoing voip providers and like voxalot does have dial plans and speed dial to support the different dialing scenarios you may want.
Hello, I own a sipura 3102, and you are right, i still can dial out with no problems with voxalot as my main provider, and dial out (long distance/international) via the extra providers, with no problems. I still have the issue with my familly overseas, because they have another ata device (a normal one) with only one provider, that is why service combined voxalot/voipbuster was so great, they (overseas) could dial me on my cell, or whaere ever they wanted here in USA anytime , now, with this horrible problem, they only can dial me directly to my extension ( voxalot number).

As you already thought, I will have to buy them a sipura 3102 or find another cheap provider like voipbuster (BETAMAX), and just for the payback, better if I could find the provider, with not spending more money on a new device.
Unread 03-27-2007, 01:50 PM   #132
ataboy

ataboy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by cstewart View Post
Another option to our issue with Betamax blocking voxalot may be to use a Linksys SPA3102 adapter?
From what I have read on various reviews it will support multiple outgoing voip providers and like voxalot does have dial plans and speed dial to support the different dialing scenarios you may want.
Yes, that's exactly what I do. When Betamax blocked VoXaLot I removed Voipdiscount from my VoXaLot dialplan and reconfigured my SPA-3102 dialplan to use it directly for the relevant outgoing calls.

I still have VoXaLot for incoming calls on all other providers (and remember that incoming calls on Voipdiscount at least can be redirected to another number, which can be one of your registered VSPs' DIDs).

ataboy
(a former Bangkok resident!)
Unread 03-28-2007, 01:24 AM   #133
Tony

Tony is a jewel in the roughTony is a jewel in the roughTony is a jewel in the rough
Default Contact made with representative from Betamax

I have spoken with a representative from Betamax. They have acknowledged that they are actively blocking voxalot as a result of some of their customers abusing the service.

Currently they are investigating how to solve this problem and it may be a few weeks before they find a solution, if they find one at all. They will be in touch with us and will restore the service when they find a solution. In the interim we have offered to help if they require it.

Tony.
Unread 03-28-2007, 01:28 AM   #134
affinity

affinity will become famous soon enough

Is 'abusing the service' another way of saying that customers are not making any toll fee [as in cost to customer] calls? Perhaps their answer is a monthly minimum call spend fee if that is the case -- or the free calls should be made available at a cost that is sustainable without requiring other use of their services.
Unread 03-28-2007, 07:56 AM   #135
Wortelstok

Wortelstok is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Is 'abusing the service' another way of saying that customers are not making any toll fee [as in cost to customer] calls?
I wonder, but I don't think so. Many Betamax customers don't actually spend much money through the service. Could be something else, like phone-shops or call centers or other excessive (uncontrolled) use.
Unread 03-28-2007, 08:05 AM   #136
foneboxx

foneboxx is on a distinguished road

My 2cents:

Betamax sent me an email stating that if i do not buy minimum 200€ of credit within the next 15 days my voicetrading account will be cut off. I think those guys need money That is a logical situation as their marketing strategy was to draft people with free calls.
I saw posts here saying that even the freecalls last less than 10minutes for some betamax clones, plus the fact that they blocked voxalot...
Unread 03-28-2007, 11:36 PM   #137
Mew

Mew is on a distinguished road

I need to use the Betamax services because I don't find such prices anywhere else !

On JustVoip it's only 0.083€/min VAT included for calling french mobiles, whereas the cheapest I have found is 0.15€ on non Betamax companies...

I have a SPA 1001 with 2 lines but the first one is already used by a french provider which doesn't work with Voxalot (at least for incoming calls) : Wengo.

I really don't know what to do...

Last edited by Mew; 03-28-2007 at 11:49 PM.
Unread 03-29-2007, 01:26 AM   #138
amgra

amgra is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mew View Post
I need to use the Betamax services because I don't find such prices anywhere else !
I know this is not the cheapest way to solve your problem, but, you could upgrade (once money spend=investment) your ATA, I have a Sipura 3102, it has 4 gateways posibility. This way you can keep your primary french provider in Line1 and setup another 4 providers.
Unread 03-30-2007, 07:43 AM   #139
JeFFJuH

JeFFJuH will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony View Post
I have spoken with a representative from Betamax. They have acknowledged that they are actively blocking voxalot as a result of some of their customers abusing the service.

Currently they are investigating how to solve this problem and it may be a few weeks before they find a solution, if they find one at all. They will be in touch with us and will restore the service when they find a solution. In the interim we have offered to help if they require it.

Tony.
I wonder how users can abuse their service using VoXaLot.
In what way are they abusing it?
Unread 03-30-2007, 11:55 PM   #140
wilsonhlacerda

wilsonhlacerda is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I wonder how users can abuse their service using VoXaLot.
In what way are they abusing it?
For instance by using VoXaLot to always route to a free or the cheapest betamax provider upon the destination number. This is exactly what they don't want. And what we do!

Their business model sure consider that every user will sign up to 1 or 2 betamax providers only and this way will put some calls free but will pay (not cheap) for others once they are tied to that provider. That's why you can't sign-up more than 3 times in all betamax in the same PC, they sometimes change free countries to be paid and usually the cheapest landline and mobile for one country are not in the same provider.

So, this way VoXaLot and any other "cheapest routing service" is a threat for their business.
Closed Thread