Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Site Related > Site Information and Administration

Site Information and Administration Post your site related questions and requests here.

Unread 08-19-2008, 03:57 AM   #1
gotalkvoip

gotalkvoip is on a distinguished road
Talking Challenge for Voxalot - possible to incorporate time rules for Dial Plans??????

Hi dudes,

Just wondering if possible to incorporate in Voxalot system,. Time Rules for Smart Call List (Dial Plans),. the same Time Rules used in Call Connection Rules,.

Reason being would be great within my Voxalot account (or customers) if I could rotate the Service Provider used when making a call depending on time of day, week etc as there are few very affordable capped voip plans out there that don't provide enough calls per month for large volume calling business's use,. and I'm sure this could be used for other reasons also,.

So for example having a Time Rule within the dial plans,. I could rotate 4 sip accounts/plans for every week of the month 1st week one account, 2nd week another and so forth,. or have 7 sip plans for every day of the week i.e. Monday to Sunday different plan/account for every day,.

Well hoping its possible as it would solve a problem I have where customers literally have to rotate between ATA's to achieve the same process,.

cheerz

Last edited by gotalkvoip; 08-19-2008 at 03:59 AM.
gotalkvoip is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-19-2008, 05:13 PM   #2
emoci

emoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotalkvoip View Post
Hi dudes,

Just wondering if possible to incorporate in Voxalot system,. Time Rules for Smart Call List (Dial Plans),. the same Time Rules used in Call Connection Rules,.

Reason being would be great within my Voxalot account (or customers) if I could rotate the Service Provider used when making a call depending on time of day, week etc as there are few very affordable capped voip plans out there that don't provide enough calls per month for large volume calling business's use,. and I'm sure this could be used for other reasons also,.

So for example having a Time Rule within the dial plans,. I could rotate 4 sip accounts/plans for every week of the month 1st week one account, 2nd week another and so forth,. or have 7 sip plans for every day of the week i.e. Monday to Sunday different plan/account for every day,.

Well hoping its possible as it would solve a problem I have where customers literally have to rotate between ATA's to achieve the same process,.

cheerz
I can't say anything about adding the feature, but I can offer some advice...

First of all, keep in mind that the VoXalot terms prohibit re-selling the Free or Premium VoXalot service, or using it for large volume applications.

Secondly, a large Volume business should not be using capped consumer grade services for their business calling in the first place. Some VSPs are already putting restrictions in place to identify such usage and suspend accounts (I am aware of two providers, Future-Nine and Acanac that have implemented metering to check for such usage)
emoci is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-20-2008, 06:48 AM   #3
gotalkvoip

gotalkvoip is on a distinguished road
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by emoci View Post
I can't say anything about adding the feature, but I can offer some advice...

First of all, keep in mind that the VoXalot terms prohibit re-selling the Free or Premium VoXalot service, or using it for large volume applications.

Secondly, a large Volume business should not be using capped consumer grade services for their business calling in the first place. Some VSPs are already putting restrictions in place to identify such usage and suspend accounts (I am aware of two providers, Future-Nine and Acanac that have implemented metering to check for such usage)

Hi thanks for your reply, definitely not reselling any Voxalot acounts and the VSP's accounts we want to add to Voxalot are for business and residential use, plus the VSP's accounts have an allocated calls of mobile, local and national calls per month so its not possible to abuse the accounts in anyway by registering them with Voxalot,..

the problem is with the VSP's account is if any of the allocations are reached in any category's the account is suspended till the following month i.e. the VSP's allocate for example 500 local and 700 minutes of mobile calls per month per account (which is actually sufficient for the customers needs), the problem is with the VSP's account is if the customer reaches first the allocated 700 minutes of mobile calls the whole account is suspended till the following month no matter if the account still has 500 local calls unused in that month,.

so where hoping we could instead setup up to 2 or more accounts of this type of accounts with a sip broker so the accounts get rotated and the category calls in each account hopefully get used up more in an evenly manner to the point where none of the accounts will be suspended till the following month,.

the other option the customer can do is monitor every day how many calls they are making and psychically switch between the accounts themselves say every week of so or when needed,. but they'd prefer this be done automatically hopefully through a sip broker,.

also just to mention the volume of calls I'm talking about is around 400-500 calls a month (around 15-20 calls a day), so definitely not a large volume business,.

so our aim is trying to get more out of each VSP's account within the allocated amount of calls per month before any suspension,.

the word 'suspension' might sound harsh but its a standard part of the VSP's accounts, i.e. abuse policies

Last edited by gotalkvoip; 08-20-2008 at 06:54 AM.
gotalkvoip is offline   Reply With Quote