Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 09-15-2008, 07:28 PM   #1
paulies

paulies is on a distinguished road
Default Voxalot to voxalot

Hi all,

I have set up a speed dial in voxalot to call a friend the phone rings and when he picks up it just goes dead. If I just call his normal DID number it works fine one can only assume I have set the speed dial up wrong AGAIN.

Any bright spark able to help pleaseeeeeeeeee

Thanks Paul
paulies is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-15-2008, 08:33 PM   #2
emoci

emoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulies View Post
Hi all,

I have set up a speed dial in voxalot to call a friend the phone rings and when he picks up it just goes dead. If I just call his normal DID number it works fine one can only assume I have set the speed dial up wrong AGAIN.

Any bright spark able to help pleaseeeeeeeeee

Thanks Paul
The fact that you can call this guy (his phone rings) means you probably didn't setup wrong..

In any case, try dialing *010123456 (replace 123456 with his VoXalot number)... any better luck in that scenario?

The trouble is that if none of those two cases work, it is likely an issue between the two of you in terms of NAT...so either you or him need to make sure:

-Have STUN setup
-Have UPnP enabled
-Have ports forwarded to ATAs IP if neccessary

I have a feeling this may be similar to your situation:
http://forum.voxalot.com/voxalot-sup...xalot-bad.html

Last edited by emoci; 09-15-2008 at 08:38 PM.
emoci is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-17-2008, 09:54 AM   #3
paulies

Quote:
Originally Posted by emoci View Post
In any case, try dialing *010123456 (replace 123456 with his VoXalot number)... any better luck in that scenario?
I tried that and for some reason it rings about 3 times and goes to voicemail which is not there pre recorded message. I have been trying to do that Sip URI but all I get is constant errors there I thought this sip to sip was supposed to be easy .

By the time I have posted 1000 support request for help I should be a genius at this.

Thanks
Unread 09-17-2008, 12:30 PM   #4
emoci

emoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulies View Post
I tried that and for some reason it rings about 3 times and goes to voicemail which is not there pre recorded message. I have been trying to do that Sip URI but all I get is constant errors there I thought this sip to sip was supposed to be easy .

By the time I have posted 1000 support request for help I should be a genius at this.

Thanks
If you're trying to enter a SIP URI, the trick is to enter sip:123456@us.voxalot.com for example (notice sip: at the front...)

This is the way VoXalot needs it, not all other places require a sip: in front...

I have a feeling the underlying issue here has to do with NAT setup between the two of you

Last edited by emoci; 09-17-2008 at 12:32 PM.
emoci is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-17-2008, 03:01 PM   #5
paulies

Thanks Emoci,

Everything now works a treat

I better go study that PM now