Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 03-18-2006, 03:57 AM   #1
martin

martin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the rough
Default New VPBX / Dial Plan Features

Today we released our new VPBX / Dial Plan functionality. This new feature provides members with a simple and better way to manage their VoIP providers and call routes. It also enables basic ATA's (such as the PAP2) to now have dial plan capabilities.

For more details, visit our FAQ

Note: VoXaLot still looks for a free ENUM route before consulting the Dial Plan.

Please post support questions on the forum. Do not send PMs unless requested.

Last edited by martin; 03-18-2006 at 04:10 AM.
martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-19-2006, 03:12 AM   #2
MarkosJal

MarkosJal is on a distinguished road

I admit I have not followed the progress of Voxalot, however I have found the whole thing somewhat bewildering. I am not too sure that I have seen too much use for it till this most recent advance.

I have done the following:

Set up a Service provider

registered a UA to voxalot

defined a simple dial plan that anything that begins with 1 gets routed to the service provider I set up.

What I have found is:
Voxalot never registers to the server I have defined, and no calls are completed.

Am I misunderstanding the purpose of this service?
MarkosJal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-19-2006, 05:26 AM   #3
martin

martin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the rough

Hi Mark,

This new features does not perform wany registrations. It is designed to work like a gateway setting in a Sipura 3000.

Calls will only get completed if the provider allows authenticated invites (again like the SPA3000 GW slots without a reigistration).

I assure you the technology works and has been beta tested by a group of 8 people.

I am happy to work through your latest issues one on one. Please drop me an email.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkosJal
I admit I have not followed the progress of Voxalot, however I have found the whole thing somewhat bewildering. I am not too sure that I have seen too much use for it till this most recent advance.

I have done the following:

Set up a Service provider

registered a UA to voxalot

defined a simple dial plan that anything that begins with 1 gets routed to the service provider I set up.

What I have found is:
Voxalot never registers to the server I have defined, and no calls are completed.

Am I misunderstanding the purpose of this service?

Unread 03-21-2006, 11:10 AM   #4
blackbile

blackbile is on a distinguished road

Dear Martin,

I have a little fear, if I give my VoIP accounts on your webpage, who can guarantee that these will not be used by another persons just me???
blackbile is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-21-2006, 12:22 PM   #5
martin

Hi,

Our company www.haenterprises.com.au and our privacy statement guarantee the confidentiality of your details.

All passwords are one way hashed (encrypted) in the database.

Unread 03-22-2006, 03:01 AM   #6
Ron

Ron will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by martin
Hi,

Our company www.haenterprises.com.au and our privacy statement guarantee the confidentiality of your details.

Let me state up front that it's not my intent to question anyone's honesty or integrity...

If all passwords (especially those for a user's access to his VoIP provider) are one-way only, how can you perform authenticated invites on a user's behalf?
Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-22-2006, 04:18 AM   #7
martin

SIP uses ha1 and ha1b keys for authentication of SIP INVITES/REGISTRATIONS/SUBSCRIBES. These are generated up front and stored using a standard MD5 digest algorithm.

Unread 03-22-2006, 10:39 AM   #8
blackbile

blackbile is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by martin
Hi,

Martin, thank you

maybe would you send me a pm in which you describe more detailed how I can set my Fritz!Box Fon with your DialPlan function?

Last edited by blackbile; 03-22-2006 at 10:44 AM.
blackbile is offline   Reply With Quote