Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 03-18-2007, 02:00 AM   #1
kheaver

kheaver is on a distinguished road
Default Delay when other person answers

Hi all,

I've been using voxalot for a while with a number of voip providers, for the last week or so when I call someone they say there's a few seconds delay between when they pick up the phone and they hear my voice, after that its fine, its just the initial delay that's the problem.

Can anyone offer any advice as to what I should be looking at, I'm wondering if its a codec issue.

Regards,
Kim Heaver
kheaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-18-2007, 05:15 AM   #2
ctylor

ctylor will become famous soon enough

I myself had this problem when I registered two difference devices (a Sipura ATA and the X-lite softphone) with the same Voxalot account. When that account would get called, not always but frequently, there would be a period of a couple seconds, around 2-3, of silence. It was inconsistent when this happened, and I think it only happened to the Sipura and not to X-lite, and I think it only happened when my DID was called and not when receiving a direct SIP URI call (from for example Gizmo Project).

I found this problem was corrected when I stopped X-lite from registering as well, and only let the Sipura register.
ctylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-18-2007, 08:31 AM   #3
kheaver

That may be it, I do have 2 devices registered, I'll turn 1 off and give it a go. Thanks for your prompt reply.

Regards,
Kim
Unread 03-26-2007, 12:37 PM   #4
kheaver

I'm still having the delay problem when making calls.
I can hear the other end ringing, when the ringing stops there is about a 1 - 2 second delay, I always miss the other person saying Hello.

I've tried taking out all the codecs except 729a, but that didn't make any difference, I can't think of any change that I've made that may be causing this.

I don't know the how sip signaling works, what happens in the system when the other person picks up the phone.

I'm stuck using one of the crappy belkin (iinet) 4 port wireless routers, I'd like to ditch it but its the only one I can find that works with multiple number.

Regards,
Kim
Unread 03-30-2007, 12:23 AM   #5
kheaver

I seem to have fixed the delay by turning off "Enable symmetric NAT handling".

Regards,
Kim