Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 06-16-2007, 10:41 PM   #1
mlang

mlang is on a distinguished road
Default Multiple forwards in VoXaLot

Hi,
This is my first post here, so I hope you bear with me if I might ask a question which has already been asked. I have checked the forum, but do not seem to find the right answer/solution.

OK the scenario is:
I have the following (relevant) registrations with Voxalot:
A Norwegian SIP number (TeleVOIP).
VOIPStunt
A danish SIP number (Musimi.dk)

I am currently in Italy on a land line phone. My wife is in Norway with a mobile phone.
I want to configure Voxalot for the following: My wife call the Norwegian SIP number, which is forwarded (sip:usernumber@sip.voipstunt.com) til voipstunt, which forward the number (and makes a FREE call) to my Italian land line.

Currently I have configured this with a fixed forwarding (on musimi.dk homepage) from the DK number, however this is not free.

My question is: what do I do in the Call Forward page. I might need some help, even if I seem to have understood how the Dial Plan works.

Sorry for the long question. I hope that someone can guide me in the right direction. Please ask if you need more info.
Best regards
Mlang
mlang is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-16-2007, 11:08 PM   #2
martin

martin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the rough

Try this:

1. Setup providers in voxalot
2. Create call forward rule forwarding to number usernumber via voipstunt
3. Call DID to test forward
4. If works, set "Inbound CID" to _your_wifes_mobile_number
5. Call DID from wifes mobile to re-test forward

Please post support questions on the forum. Do not send PMs unless requested.
martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-16-2007, 11:44 PM   #3
mlang

It is not quite there yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by martin View Post
Try this:
1. Setup providers in voxalot
That has been done!

Quote:
2. Create call forward rule forwarding to number usernumber via voipstunt
Ok, I think this is where the problem is. From the DID (the number my wife calls), in Voxalot, I have a URI-forward (sip:username@sip.voipstunt.com) to the voipstunt.
Right after this forwarding rule, I have a forward to my Italian land line number (0039049807xxxx via VoipStunt).

Quote:
3. Call DID to test forward
When calling the norwegian DID, I get a busy-tone. I am pretty sure that the forwarding from Norwegian DID is ok.
So I don't know if the problem lies with the 2 rules in Voxalot or with voipstunt.

Is there any way to include a number right after the: "sip:username@sip.voipstunt.com" á la: "sip:username@sip.voipstunt.com:0039049xxx"
In short; can i write "code" in this field?

Quote:
4. If works, set "Inbound CID" to _your_wifes_mobile_number
WHen I have 2 rules, will the "Inbound CID" be my wife mobile number or the Norwegian DID (which passes the call on)?

Quote:
5. Call DID from wifes mobile to re-test forward

Hope this might give me some possibilities. Thanks again for your time!
mlang
Unread 06-17-2007, 03:51 AM   #4
martin

martin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Ok, I think this is where the problem is. From the DID (the number my wife calls), in Voxalot, I have a URI-forward (sip:username@sip.voipstunt.com) to the voipstunt.
Right after this forwarding rule, I have a forward to my Italian land line number (0039049807xxxx via VoipStunt).

When calling the norwegian DID, I get a busy-tone. I am pretty sure that the forwarding from Norwegian DID is ok.
So I don't know if the problem lies with the 2 rules in Voxalot or with voipstunt.
Not sure why you need the first rule? Assuming the DID is reqistered from voxalot (or pointing to voxalot) the second rule is all that is required to forward the inbound to 0039049807xxxx

If I understand what you want to do correctly, then the second rule is all that you need. Besides that, voipstunt will not work with SIP URI forwarding so the second call forwarding rule is definitely the way to go.

Please post support questions on the forum. Do not send PMs unless requested.
martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-17-2007, 01:10 PM   #5
mlang

Quote:
Not sure why you need the first rule? Assuming the DID is reqistered from voxalot (or pointing to voxalot) the second rule is all that is required to forward the inbound to 0039049807xxxx

If I understand what you want to do correctly, then the second rule is all that you need. Besides that, voipstunt will not work with SIP URI forwarding so the second call forwarding rule is definitely the way to go.
Thanks Martin.
I guess that makes sense. Never the less it doesn't work. I still get the "busy" tone. Also I have tried making a permanent forward to the Italian number from my userpage at VOIPStunt, again without any luck.
I can call out from VOIPstunt from a softphone and from its software application. It reports as "registered" on Voxalots homepage. Also I can receive (SIP) calls using a softphone.

Just to clarify, I have not put money on the VOIPstunt account yet, since some people report that they have problems with voipstunt. But free calls <1min still works as explained above.
Does any of the users of this forum have a similar setup: DID number (registered with Voxalot) --> forward to a PSTN number using VOIPstunt (also registered with Voxalot).

Are there any log files, which gives me more details?

Any Ideas? - and are everybody using VOIPStunt satisfied (or are there pitfalls?)?

mlang
Unread 06-18-2007, 02:18 AM   #6
kurun

kurun is a jewel in the roughkurun is a jewel in the rough

The method Martin suggested above should work. I checked a very similar set-up.

Forwarding in Voxalot works extremely well generally, but the providers involved may impose their own rules and limitations.

Some other things to consider :
1) Set Voipstunt to "Unregistered in the provider's list"
2) In the forwarding rule, set the match pattern to the last 6 or 7 characters of the phone number, as occasionally the area code and/or country code may not get transmitted by the mobile or DID provider (CID Pattern = _.XXXXXX)
3) The Voxalot account with the Forwarding rule should be "Registered" on an ATA or soft phone, otherwise Voxalot does not have a user's IP address to forward to Betamax, and the call will likely not go through.
4) If you use the same Voipstunt account from another location on it's Windows client or any softphone, again the call will probably not go through. As far as I know, only one call at a time and one active registration are allowed with Betamax VSPs.
5) Call forwarding in the Voipstunt client is not Free. It is a charged feature. See the note under Tools\Options\Call-Settings\ in the Windows client.
The method described by Martin above falls under a "Call" not a "Forward" in Voipstunt and should work in the free use period also.

As such, after pointing the DID to SIP:xxxxxx@voxalot.com (or registering the DID provider in Voxalot), the rule might look like this :

Priority : 1
Inbound CID Pattern : _.654321 (Last x digits of number)
Day & Time: Set start and end as desired
Active: Yes
Forward Inbound Call to : Phonenumber (00xxxxxxxxxxx), Provider (Voipstunt)

_.
kurun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-18-2007, 12:26 PM   #7
clundestad

clundestad is on a distinguished road

You might want to check out Vyke.no (or vyke.com if you don't read Norwegian) which offers free calls to Italian landlines.

The drawback is that you may have to charge your account with the minimum amount of NOK 150 to use it, but if you are able to make free calls without charging the account, I would go for this.

I have used Vyke with Voxalot and it works perfectly.

To your original problem, it seems like you are trying to forward calls to your Voipstunt number when what you really want is to forward the call to your Italian number via Voipstunt. So the call forward rule should not go to your Voipstunt number, but the Italian number using Voipstunt as the provider.
clundestad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-21-2007, 09:23 PM   #8
mlang

Thank you both for answering. I am very impressed with the Voxalot service and see some obvious implementations in our "home communications system" with this service.

Quote:
Originally Posted by clundestad View Post
You might want to check out Vyke.no (or vyke.com if you don't read Norwegian) which offers free calls to Italian landlines.

The drawback is that you may have to charge your account with the minimum amount of NOK 150 to use it, but if you are able to make free calls without charging the account, I would go for this.

I have used Vyke with Voxalot and it works perfectly.

To your original problem, it seems like you are trying to forward calls to your Voipstunt number when what you really want is to forward the call to your Italian number via Voipstunt. So the call forward rule should not go to your Voipstunt number, but the Italian number using Voipstunt as the provider.
I didn't get VoipStunt to work, and since it has been reported that some people loose the money they have transferred, I went for VYKE. And it works fine. Now I have worked with this for a couple of days.
I do understand some Norwegian (since I am danish and normally live in Norway) but I don't seem to find out if the 150 NOK be used within a fixed amount of days/months?

Now, since I see huge possibilities with this, I have one more question;
With my danish provider, musimi.dk, it is possible to create free 6 digit internal numbers. They can call out, but cannot be call from outside musimi's network. From a normal number within musimi's network, I call one of these free numbers, which has been registered with Voxalot. I want all calls to that specific number to be forwarded with VYKE to a PSTN number. The point is, that I then want to create several of these numbers, which allows for free calls (through voxalot and VYKE) to any (European) land line.
This will only be possible if I can specify that any call made to the 6 digit number should be forwarded to a certain number. Maybe it makes it an additional challenge, that the number is SIP registered.

Maybe I have just lost the overview. Another problem is, that I cannot register our ATA with voxalot since it is at home with my wife and she isn't really the type to play with these things.
The posts always seem to be long. I apology for that.

Again, thanks a lot to both of you for helping. I guess that it is just some small and stupid mistake, but so far I haven't identified it.
mlang
Unread 06-22-2007, 12:16 PM   #9
clundestad

clundestad is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlang View Post
I do understand some Norwegian (since I am danish and normally live in Norway) but I don't seem to find out if the 150 NOK be used within a fixed amount of days/months?
There is no time limit on the account as far as I know. I have been using Vyke for a year or so and am down to about NOK 110.

To your musimi question: Have you considered creating separate Voxalot accounts for each 6 digit number? That way you have full control over the call forwarding for each number.

Since Vyke is only used for outgoing calls (Set Register to No), there should be no conflict between the Voxalot accounts.

And since you cannot configure your ATA, maybe your wife can use Vyke through callback - it can be set up using Web, SMS or a mobile Java client.

-clundestad
clundestad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-26-2007, 09:12 PM   #10
dne

dne is on a distinguished road
Default Vyke's expiration policy

Quote:
Originally Posted by clundestad View Post
There is no time limit on the account as far as I know. I have been using Vyke for a year or so and am down to about NOK 110.
According to Vyke's terms of use, an account will expire 6 months from the date of the last successful account charge/recharge.

Regards,
Daniel
dne is offline   Reply With Quote