Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 09-04-2008, 07:59 AM   #1
Bedlore

Bedlore is on a distinguished road
Default Voicemail wavs are faulty

Hi I'm a voxalot newbie. My voicemail emails do have a wav file attached but substantially smaller (52K as apposed to the 361K if I download from voxalot) and are silent. Is this a voxalot bug or something I need to switch somewhere?

Thanks
Brendan
Bedlore is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-08-2008, 12:51 AM   #2
Bedlore

Default Please help

Given this forum and the only formal method of support prescribed by Voxalot I hope I'm not too out of line by expecting timely responses. I hope voxalot aren't entirely leaving support for a paid service up to the whim of the community?

Anyway the problem continues and needs to be resolved please. Is it perhaps because my account is very old and only recently upgraded? Just wondering why it doesn't appear to effect other users given the silence on my post.

I hope I haven't opened a pandora's box here, ozimarco (who recommended I try Voxalot) appears to be having different problems with it now too
Voxalot and MNF advice - MyNetFone - Voice over IP - Whirlpool Broadband Forums
Unread 09-11-2008, 01:28 AM   #3
Bedlore

Default *bump*

I'd really like support with this from Voxalot please as its very inconvenient been forced to login to hear messages.
Unread 09-11-2008, 03:54 AM   #4
emoci

emoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to all

Ok,

Ran a test with my account.

It's true that the VM message attached via email is much smaller than the one available online. The messages sent by EMail seem to be encoded at 13kbps vs. the ones online at 128kbps

You can see the reasoning behind compressing the messages sent via Email...

However both play fine for me (the one at 30 kb and the one at 325 kb )

Is there a chance that the software you're using to play them may have trouble playing the lower end file (I tested both in Windows Media Player btw... that's just what popped up first)

BTW, you can check your VM via the phone be it the phone attached to your ATA, or any other phone:

-From your ATA: Dial *500, follow instructions
-From any other phone: Dial any SipBroker access number that's local to you, enter *010*500#, follow prompts for account number and pin...
emoci is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-11-2008, 04:16 AM   #5
boatman

boatman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bedlore View Post
I hope voxalot aren't entirely leaving support for a paid service up to the whim of the community?
I didn't know that support was part of the package. Maybe you can try a different player with that 52K file, or email it to someone who can test it.
boatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-16-2008, 01:49 AM   #6
Bedlore

Thanks Guys, you are right in that it was my player.

I never suspected this, by default wav files were registered to be handled by VLC media player. Which until now I found has a very wide codec support. I've now switched to Media Player Classic Home Cinema and it works fine.