Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 11-08-2009, 11:46 PM   #1
whitwolf75

whitwolf75 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to whitwolf75 Send a message via AIM to whitwolf75 Send a message via MSN to whitwolf75 Send a message via Yahoo to whitwolf75
Red face Changing Preferred Cluster

I've been using Voxalot on and off for years and I've just set up an account for my parents-in-law as their ISP supplied VoIP enabled router does allow for multiple VSP setups.

Anyway the router will connect fine to the us.voxalot.com cluster but after setting the preferred cluster settings in the account setup to Australia I cannot register to au.voxalot.com. If I set the router back to us.voxalot.com it works fine.

How long does it take for an account to replicate between clusters?

Regards

John.
whitwolf75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-09-2009, 02:03 AM   #2
emoci

emoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitwolf75 View Post
I've been using Voxalot on and off for years and I've just set up an account for my parents-in-law as their ISP supplied VoIP enabled router does allow for multiple VSP setups.

Anyway the router will connect fine to the us.voxalot.com cluster but after setting the preferred cluster settings in the account setup to Australia I cannot register to au.voxalot.com. If I set the router back to us.voxalot.com it works fine.

How long does it take for an account to replicate between clusters?

Regards

John.

What device are you using?

Just guessing ... but as an example Billion VoIP devices are a bit finicky in what they require ...

Cluster changes should be quite instant...

Last edited by emoci; 11-09-2009 at 02:40 AM.
emoci is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-09-2009, 09:09 AM   #3
whitwolf75

Send a message via ICQ to whitwolf75 Send a message via AIM to whitwolf75 Send a message via MSN to whitwolf75 Send a message via Yahoo to whitwolf75

Quote:
Originally Posted by emoci View Post
What device are you using?

Just guessing ... but as an example Billion VoIP devices are a bit finicky in what they require ...

Cluster changes should be quite instant...
That's the thing, I've tried using their new Voxalot account in their Dynalink RTA1046VW which did register to us.voxalot.com but wouldn't register to au.voxalot.com.

I then tried in my DrayTek Vigor2100VG, which already was set up with a voxalot account registered to au.voxalot.com. When I just changed the account name/authentication id/password to the parents-in-law account it wouldn't register. As soon as I changed the SIP proxy to us.voxalot.com it registered.
Unread 11-09-2009, 09:20 AM   #4
whitwolf75

And just as a weird test, I changed the preferred proxy to eu.voxalot.com and it registered successfully. Changed the account to au.voxalot.com it wouldn't register but would still register back at eu.voxalot.com. Changed it from au.voxalot.com to us.voxalot.com and I could register.

I then tried registering with eu.voxalot.com even though the preferred was set to us.voxalot.com and it registered successfully. I then tried to register with au.voxalot.com without changing the preferred proxy and it still wouldn't register with the Australian proxy.
Unread 11-09-2009, 09:27 AM   #5
whitwolf75

Syslog from registering my existing account on all three proxies without changing my proxy preference in the account profile.:

158Nov 9 20:22:22routerPort 2 : account 481XXX have registerd on au.voxalot.com server, expiry time = 600 sec.
158Nov 9 20:22:47routerPort 2 : account 481XXX have registerd on eu.voxalot.com server, expiry time = 600 sec.
158Nov 9 20:22:59routerPort 2 : account 481XXX have registerd on us.voxalot.com server, expiry time = 600 sec.

Unfortunately my router doesn't log error or warning events for diagnostics; it only log successful events.
Unread 11-11-2009, 12:35 AM   #6
whitwolf75

Angry Parents-in-law's account still will not register on au.voxalot.com

I tried registering my Parents-in-law's account on au.voxalot.com, simply by replacing my account number/password with theirs, and it still will not register.

I was hoping it was a delay in the clusters getting updated but three days seems a bit long for that to be the case.

PS my account registers perfectly on all proxies without making any account changes.
Unread 11-15-2009, 10:24 AM   #7
whitwolf75

Talking cluster changes finally went through

I went to reconfigure my working Voxalot account to be used by my parents-in-law.

After updating all the user information and VSP accounts and setting up their route with my account, which btw worked perfectly, I tried setting their old account up in my router.

And guess what, it now registered currently to au.voxalot.com. Don't know what fixed it, just happy that it's now working.

Tags
"au.voxalot.com", account, cluster, replicate