Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 09-28-2009, 04:05 AM   #1
Juste

Juste is on a distinguished road
Default Inbound calls problem

Voxalot, please fix the issue.

I have had this problem for two days.
Three Linksys 3102 devices located in different places and registered to three different Voxalot accounts have the same problem: all inbound calls which are set up to go to My Voxalot Number end up in the voicemail.

You must have changed something on your side since I changed nothing lately.

Please have a look into that.
Thanks
Juste is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-28-2009, 05:34 AM   #2
Juste

I noticed that calling between Voxalot accounts takes extremely long, in my case they need at least 20 seconds to reach each other. And when they do, the voicemail picks up, regardless of the CF settings.
Unread 09-28-2009, 10:34 AM   #3
martin

martin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juste View Post
I noticed that calling between Voxalot accounts takes extremely long, in my case they need at least 20 seconds to reach each other. And when they do, the voicemail picks up, regardless of the CF settings.
Which server are you pointing these devices to?

Please post support questions on the forum. Do not send PMs unless requested.
martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-28-2009, 12:30 PM   #4
Juste

Quote:
Originally Posted by martin View Post
Which server are you pointing these devices to?

All of them are registered with us.voxalot.com
Unread 09-29-2009, 12:03 AM   #5
ctylor

ctylor will become famous soon enough

Maybe you configured each ATA to all use the same STUN server and that server is down, and that's how they're all down at once.

Other servers are listed here: STUN - voip-info.org
ctylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-29-2009, 04:32 AM   #6
Juste

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctylor View Post
Maybe you configured each ATA to all use the same STUN server and that server is down, and that's how they're all down at once.

Other servers are listed here: STUN - voip-info.org
No, the STUN server is OK, I tried a different provider (Vbuzzer) and it works fine.
Voxalot must have changed something lately, it has to do with how calls are being treated while set to go to My Voxalot number.
Unread 09-29-2009, 03:03 PM   #7
boatman

boatman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Three Linksys 3102 devices located in different places and registered to three different Voxalot accounts have the same problem: all inbound calls which are set up to go to My Voxalot Number end up in the voicemail.
Are any of those SPA3102 units able to receive calls within the first 60 seconds after registration? It may help if you test for that and post results here.

There are two methods for maintaining a NAT route through the router to the SPA3102, needed so the SPA3102 can receive calls. The methods are port forwarding, or sending NAT-keep-alive packets. Which method do you use in your routers?

If you are using port forwarding I can check that your SPA3102 units are reachable. Just send me the public IP address, 'User ID' and 'SIP Port' of the lines to be tested. I can do the test without ringing your phone, or I can make a SIP call and check the SDP packet at the same time.
boatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-29-2009, 03:56 PM   #8
Juste

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatman View Post
Are any of those SPA3102 units able to receive calls within the first 60 seconds after registration? It may help if you test for that and post results here.

There are two methods for maintaining a NAT route through the router to the SPA3102, needed so the SPA3102 can receive calls. The methods are port forwarding, or sending NAT-keep-alive packets. Which method do you use in your routers?

If you are using port forwarding I can check that your SPA3102 units are reachable. Just send me the public IP address, 'User ID' and 'SIP Port' of the lines to be tested. I can do the test without ringing your phone, or I can make a SIP call and check the SDP packet at the same time.

These SPA3102 have worked fine for many months without any incidents.
Something have changed lately but I did not change anything.

Would stun.xten.com be faulty all of a sudden ?
I will have to test...
Unread 09-29-2009, 08:31 PM   #9
boatman

boatman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Would stun.xten.com be faulty all of a sudden?
Probably not. Even if the stun server is not working the ATA could still be contacted and would still ring the attached phone. The call could be answered, however the audio may be missing in one direction, the person speaking on the ATA with the faulty stun server might not be heard by the other person.

Sometimes its preferable to operate the ATA independently of a stun server. The benefit is that phone service can continue no matter if the stun server is working. To do that see steps 1 to 4 below.

1. Forward the SIP ports and the RTP port range from the router to the ATA.
2. Set "STUN Enable:" no
3. Set "NAT Keep Alive Enable:" no
4. The ATA must learn it's public IP address, either through normal SIP registration, or place your public IP address in the 'EXT IP:' field).

I understand that you have not configured port forwarding in the routers, and that's OK. My question now is; are any of those SPA3102 units able to receive a call within the first 60 seconds after SIP registration to the Voxalot proxy?
boatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-30-2009, 04:57 AM   #10
Juste

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatman View Post
Probably not. Even if the stun server is not working the ATA could still be contacted and would still ring the attached phone. The call could be answered, however the audio may be missing in one direction, the person speaking on the ATA with the faulty stun server might not be heard by the other person.

Sometimes its preferable to operate the ATA independently of a stun server. The benefit is that phone service can continue no matter if the stun server is working. To do that see steps 1 to 4 below.

1. Forward the SIP ports and the RTP port range from the router to the ATA.
2. Set "STUN Enable:" no
3. Set "NAT Keep Alive Enable:" no
4. The ATA must learn it's public IP address, either through normal SIP registration, or place your public IP address in the 'EXT IP:' field).

I understand that you have not configured port forwarding in the routers, and that's OK. My question now is; are any of those SPA3102 units able to receive a call within the first 60 seconds after SIP registration to the Voxalot proxy?
That is what I noticed:
If I call from a different Voxalot account, it reaches the device after at least 15 seconds (whereas it used to be instant until last Saturday). But instead of getting to the VOIP-to-PSTN Gateway as it has always done, it keeps ringing until the voicemail picks up.

Two of those SPA 3102 that are registered with two different accounts, with different IP, started behaving weirdly on the same day without my intervention.