Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 02-22-2009, 04:59 PM   #1
Bob0260

Bob0260 is on a distinguished road
Default Problem with calling an Orbtalk account

I have Orbtalk set up on my voip service providers. It is registered. I can call out but when I phone the number I get a busy tone. I have set the account up on xlite and call the number ok. I have set up two other orbtalk accounts on voxalot and I can ring them OK. I really want to use this Orbtalk account as it has a DID number but at the moment cannot use it because of the busy tone. I believe the problem is with voxalot because, xlite on orbtalk works ok, I have set up two other orbtalk accounts on voxalot using identical settings to the one that gives a busy tone when rung. Any ideas?
Bob0260 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-22-2009, 06:06 PM   #2
ataboy

ataboy is on a distinguished road

Presumably you have registered all your Orbtalk accounts on Voxalot? If just one isn't working, have you tried deleting it and reinstalling/registering?

Alternatively, how about setting it to divert to xxxxxx@voxalot.com in Orbtalk's control panel? (I presume Orbtalk allows you to forward to a SIP URI?)

Another alternative with "errant" DIDs is to register them in MySipSwitch or PBXes and set the redirection to Voxalot there. That's how you handle Sipgate DIDs (which won't register directly on Voxalot) for example.
ataboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-22-2009, 09:07 PM   #3
Bob0260

Smile Re Help

Thanks for your reply,
Yes I did delete and re register the account.
I have just tried forwarding orbtalk but orbtalk does not allow url forwards. I successfully forwarded orbtalk to my voipcheap DID and that rang in voxalot but Orbtalk charged me for forwarding the call. I went to Mysipwitch and found some rules that were enabled by me many months ago when I was playing with it. I think these rules were the cause of the engaged tone. I have disabled the rules but now cannot stop Orbtalk from going straight to voice mail. I think this is another issue with Orbtalk. Thanks for your help Bob
Unread 02-22-2009, 09:21 PM   #4
Bob0260

Thumbs up Fixed it

It was Mysipswitch that was causing the problem. I dissabled my Myswitch account and all is hunky dory now. Cheers once again for your help attaboy