Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 09-01-2006, 10:59 AM   #1

751177 is on a distinguished road
Question Direct IP dialling with VoXaLoT ?

Hello,

Is it possible to redirect a call from a VoXaLoT account to a direct IP device ?

I have a Sipura 3000 and I've set it up as required (to the best of my knowledge ) an I already have my ATA registered with Internode.

But it doesnt ring ...

Any help/hints/pointers greatly appreciated

All the best
751177 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-01-2006, 11:50 AM   #2
affinity

affinity will become famous soon enough

I can call my first port of a 7402VGO using my voxalot number @ my.ip.add.ress fine -- using speed dials.
affinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-01-2006, 11:55 AM   #3
affinity

This might help you:
http://faq.sipbroker.com/tiki-index....%20or%20Sipura
Unread 09-01-2006, 02:56 PM   #4
MarkLL

MarkLL is on a distinguished road

I'm using a 7404VGO with first port registered to SipMe; In the Voxalot Default Call forward field, I entered "sip:xxxxxx@MyName.dnsalias.com" and it worked for me. The Registration in the second port (with number xxxxxx and no other details) was a bit flaky as noted above though.

You could try using the format: "sip:<InternodeNumber>@Your.dnsalias.com" or "sip:<InternodeNumber>@xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx". (It could be the wrong one, but it appears that Internode doesn't have a big green tick on the SipBroker White Pages. Is this why you are trying the "Direct" approach?)
MarkLL is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-01-2006, 07:01 PM   #5

751177 is on a distinguished road
Smile Still confused ...

Hello,

Thank you for your fast replies

Unfortunately I am still confused.

afffinity: yes I did follow the FAQ from sipbroker.

Confusion #1:

Should I use <voxalot#>@<my host> (as affinity suggested) or <internode#>@<my host> (as Mark LL suggested) as my sip ?

(I am registered with Internode)

Confusion #2:

How do I tell voxalot to connect my call trough a direct IP dialling ?

Internode does not offer a DID and it doesn't do peering but my understanding is that it is still possible to set it up with the proper hardware, i.e. the Sipura 3000 which I have.

At the very least this is what: http://www.voxalot.com/action/static...lay&itemOID=36
in the "Making your phone RING" section, point #2

Configuring the Sipura was sort of straightforward, following the FAQ's, etc.

But how do I set up the voxalot ? Do I use the "Call forwarding" ? If yes, how do I fill in the fields ?

I guess I am missinf something which will be obvious in retrospect ...

Cheers.
751177 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-02-2006, 01:14 AM   #6
affinity

With the 740xVx range from Billion, you can only call the number of the first port at the IP address. In my case both ports are voxalot registered, so I can use my voxalot number @ my ip address.

As for the Sipura.... perhaps a Sipura user can answer here for your product.
Unread 09-02-2006, 01:24 AM   #7
MarkLL

I have been where you are. (confused by it all )

I don't have the SPA 3k, but the doco certainly indicates acceptance of Direct IP Dialing. The problem with registering with Internode is that they do not allow SIP calls to be re-directed to your ATA (via your Internode SIP xxx@internode...) when you are "registered" with them. (no green tick on the Whitepages)

so that's why I suggested setting up a Default Forward (Set Active) and pointing it to your address (Dns or IP does not matter) using your Internode Number. For your ATA to ring, the "Phone Number" must match. This is why I suggested using your Internode number in your Forward address.

Personally, I don't have any Local DID's, but a couple of (free) overseas ones. These I let Voxalot register on my behalf and I just register with Voxalot (both lines).

Currently I process all my Dial Plans locally while I get it how I want. (ie OS->PennyTel; Local->SipME and as my Telstra plan has Unlimited STD, I just use PSTN; I also have OzTell for their Access numbers) The OS calls are where I've made my savings. I can do 200 calls (calls that go to answer machines for example) for the price of 1 Telstra 0011 call. (ie $1.10 for telstra and ~0.005 for Pennytel)
Unread 09-02-2006, 01:34 AM   #8
MarkLL

Hi affinity,

Quote:
Originally Posted by affinity
In my case both ports are voxalot registered, so I can use my voxalot number @ my ip address.
Me too, but if you register with Voxalot you don't need to forward do you?

Quote:
With the 740xVx range from Billion, you can only call the number of the first port at the IP address.
I rang a "bodgie" number I set up on the Second port ok while first port was registered to SipME. It was a bit flaky though.

Quote:
As for the Sipura.... perhaps a Sipura user can answer here for your product.
I'd love to see the Billion changed so it could "look up" the numbers in the "User Defind Profiles" (ie Gateway in Sipura) and if a Match was found, it would ring.
Cheers
Unread 09-02-2006, 02:30 AM   #9
affinity

I used speed dial, not forward to make the call. Forward would work if you didn't have any devices registered to voxalot.

I would also like to see the Billion product allow full registration of up to 10 providers, not just as gateways eitehr -- but it doesn't look like they will ever do it. I have an eyeBeam phone that can register many providers and make/receive calls from each of them. Anyway, we are saved by voxalot in this respect -- they have come to the rescue to take care of ATA short comings quite well [but it is a pity that we need to rely on a third party to get better product functionality].
Unread 09-02-2006, 02:32 AM   #10
affinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkLL
Personally, I don't have any Local DID's, but a couple of (free) overseas ones.
Which overseas countries / areas do you have and where did the free DIDs come from?