Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 03-01-2007, 12:45 PM   #11
affinity

affinity will become famous soon enough

Pity it isn't in English, I couldn't find any link to change the language option either. Oh well, it was interesting to know about it just the same.
affinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-01-2007, 02:03 PM   #12
fbraz

fbraz is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmartina View Post
On of my providers use a sip to skype gateway, and with it I am able to call any skype user I want, but not recieve calls from skype.

Well, doesn't matter, because I can not use it with vox a lot. For some reason voxalot does not forward my speed dials with skype related coamnds to this voip provider.
jmartina,

I also use Vono and can make outbound calls to Skype users via Voxalot. My Voxalot account is registering with Vono using only the ulaw codec. Is you use other codecs to register Voxalot with Vono the forward won't happen.

I added a dial plan entry with a unique code for each Skype contact I want to call. For example, if I dial 9000 the call is forwarded to user1#skype with no ENUM lookup. If I dial 9001 the call is forwarded to user2#skype, and so on.

The call quality is excelent. Obviously, the Skype user must be on-line to receive the call. Sometimes all the out channels to Skype are in use and Vono doens't complete the call, returning a busy tone.

I connect my ATA or softphone to the US Voxalot server using the G.729 codec.

I suggest you make another try restricting the registration to the ulaw codec.

Francisco
fbraz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-01-2007, 03:04 PM   #13
andy

andy will become famous soon enough

This sounds interesting. I might need to learn some Portuguese (do they accept foreign applicants?)

Strangely, I actually want to call my own Skype account, forwarded, and I'm hoping to work around having a SkypeIn number, but without needing the PC on all day like with Uplink or similar programs
andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-02-2007, 09:49 AM   #14
jmartina

jmartina is on a distinguished road

Hi,

Francisco:
I will try this codec thing. Probabbly will solve all may problems. Do you have problems with incomming call on vono DID? my calls lasts no more than 3 minutes, tha I lose sound.

Andy:
They for sure sell to non brazilian costumers, but it is not their focus market(or they should have the page in english). I myself don't live in Brazil (I am in UK). Vono belong to one traditional Telephone COmpany in Brazil. Don't be afaraid, with some babelfish and a credit card yuu can make it happen.

Jean
jmartina is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-02-2007, 12:02 PM   #15
andy

Thanks.

Given that my last five calls on Skype have all been overcharged (double connection fee, or over 7 hours for a roughly one minute call), and their information about a discount on SkypeIn when buying SkypePro is misleading, I'm a bit pissed off at the moment, but will try to exploit a certain mistariff as long as possible ...

Are these Skype-bound calls free from Vono? I can't see any other info yet than an introductory thread on their forum

ps - could you tell me what "CPF (digite apenas números)" means? - it looks to me like it might be a personal identity reference. And I assume CEP is postcode, but it only recognises numbers not letters

Last edited by andy; 03-02-2007 at 12:29 PM.
Unread 03-02-2007, 01:20 PM   #16
fbraz

Default Vono and Skype

Jean,

I have no problems with incoming calls using my Vono DID, mainly when the calls are received from the PSTN. When I receive calls from other Vono users (SIP calls) sometimes I get no sound, and the caller doesn't hear me. Maybe it's some codec problem. Later I'll do some tests changing codecs.

My teen daughter uses the DID frequently (imagine the amount of minutes... ) and have no problem. My ATA has two FXS. One of them is registered with Voxalot (witch is registered with Vono), and the other one is registered directly with Vono using their "busca automatica" service. So, I can make/receive two calls simultaneously.

Andy,

Yes, the Skype-bound calls are free from Vono, as the in-network calls. CPF is an important document used in Brazil to identify people for taxation purposes. It's a kind of Social Security number. In the Vono's site help area they say that you don't need to have a CPF number, but just an international credit card to become a user and buy credits.

Yes, CEP is postcode. The postcodes in Brazil have 8 numeric digits and don't have letters. As they will never contact you by regular mail, put any 8 digits.

Francisco
Unread 03-02-2007, 01:52 PM   #17
fbraz

Jean,
I have no problems with incomming calls on Vono DID.

Andy,
the Skype-bound calls are free from Vono. CPF is a "Social Security number" like, used for taxation purposes in Brazil. You shouldn't need to fill it. CEP is postcode. You can fill it with any 8 numeric digits.
Unread 03-02-2007, 11:16 PM   #18
andy

Thanks. Vono have emailed me sign-up advice about using a test number in the CPF field and filling in state and city on the application. Edit, Saturday - I now have an account

If I can get that working, it may mean I can use up spare credit in accounts with no SkypeIn number

When you say the channels to Skype are sometimes busy, about how often does that happen? Skype itself isn't 100% on this routing anyway.

Last edited by andy; 03-03-2007 at 01:44 PM.
Unread 03-03-2007, 10:58 PM   #19
fbraz

I can't tell you how often it occurs, but sometimes when I try to call a Skype user I get a busy tone, even if the user is on-line. I supose it happens because all gateway channels are in use.
Unread 09-15-2007, 04:21 AM   #20
goddamnit

goddamnit is on a distinguished road

Can someone provide more information about vono is it something similar to Voice-over-IP gateway for Google Talk, MSN and Yahoo Users in that I can connect to a skype user by dialing a sipbroker access number followed with my pin # ?

How much does it cost for PSTN -> Sype and vice versa ?
goddamnit is offline   Reply With Quote