Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 11-04-2007, 02:33 PM   #1
rolfey

rolfey is on a distinguished road
Default Caller ID

Hi,

I am hoping that someone has had the same problem as me and there is a resolution out there.

First lets detail the set up.

I am using a voxalot account, with is configured to connect to voipcheap for outgoing calls. This all works fine.

I also am using another account www.pimpmynumber.com parkerad, which I have an assigned PSTN number that points to my Voxalot VOIP number for incoming calls. I have had to do this because voipcheap.com do not provide an incoming number any more.

To make all this happen I am using a Grandstream 286 ATA.

Now you have an idea of what I use, and what I use to do it with, here is he problem.

I want to sent caller id to the person I am making the call to. I have looked all over the forum and seen that to do this you have to configure the caller id settings within the voipcheap software. I have done this and then placed a call to my home phone from the software client, nothing shows up.

I have also tried from my VOIP phone (via ATA) and still nothing.

Summing up I don't seem to be able to present caller id any way at all, this is a problem when calling some people, as they wont pick up with blocked caller id.

Mike
rolfey is offline   Reply With Quote