Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > VoIP Related > VoIP News

VoIP News Voice over IP news articles, stories and reviews.

Unread 03-20-2008, 04:15 AM   #11
kurun

kurun is a jewel in the roughkurun is a jewel in the rough

You can send your contacts from one Betamax client to another.

Open the Freecall and Nonoh clients and log on.

Go to the Tools menu in the Freecall client and select "Send contacts"

In the "Send contacts to" field, enter your Nonoh user name. Then select all the existing contacts in the left pane by left clicking on the first contact, holding down the shift key, scrolling to the bottom of the list and then left clicking again on the last contact in the list. Hit the "Add" button, and then the "Send" button.

A message will pop-up in the Nonoh client asking you to accept the contacts.

Hope that helps .............
kurun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-25-2008, 12:28 AM   #12
EdGordon007

EdGordon007 is on a distinguished road

I successfully used your tip for moving my contact list from FreeCall to Nonoh. Thanks.

Now, I have another problem. For some reason, when I tried to buy more credit from Nonoh, I was only offered some very obscure ways of paying. No credit cards were offered, nor was PayPal. (I sent them an email about this, but I have no idea if they ever answer email inquiries.)

Frustrated, I simply signed up for a new account. I was offered the usual menu of credit cards to us (plus the other obscure methods). I successfully bought credit on a VISA card.

Now, I'm faced with the problem of moving my contacts from one Nonoh account to another Nonoh account. Your method for migrating these (given above) is hard to accomplish because it's not possible to be logged into two Nonoh accounts on the same computer at the same time.

Thoughts?
EdGordon007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-25-2008, 02:37 AM   #13
kurun

kurun is a jewel in the roughkurun is a jewel in the rough

For some reason, occasionally, the Credit Card option to buy credit is removed. It happened to me on one occasion when I was going to buy credit, and tried to use an alternate card. The credit card option screen came back several weeks later.

To move the contacts from one Nonoh account to another, a possibility is to use another account with another Betamax brand (like Poivy or Voipcheap), and move the contacts there first and then import to your second Nonoh account.

Last edited by kurun; 06-30-2008 at 02:12 AM.
kurun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2009, 11:43 PM   #14
formidible

formidible is on a distinguished road

I have used Betamax clients for years without any issues. Recently I have configured Poivy and configured this as my SIP client in my Nokia E71. However I wanted to change over to Nonoh as their calling rates are better. When I tried to buy credit it said I needed to activate my mobile number. when I tried to do so it says sorry we cannot activate this number and no reason given. Consequently I cannot buy any credit for Nonoh and I tired it with a few other Betamax clients with the same result. I'm stuck with Poivy. Also I noticed that my caller ID is no longer being transmitted or received by people I call and they therefore think I am withholding my number. I have tried everything to restore my caller ID but without success. Forget customer services - they don't exist for Betamax.

I have now decided to change to Sipgate.co.uk as they offer a full professional service at very reasonable rates and full customer service. Call quality is noticeably better also. Free calls do not always equal satisfaction.
formidible is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-10-2009, 07:12 PM   #15
kieranmullen

kieranmullen is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to kieranmullen Send a message via Yahoo to kieranmullen Send a message via Skype™ to kieranmullen

Although I do not advertise it, I am a Betamax reseller based in Portland, Oregon USA. I can sell both vouchers and direct account credits.

Betamax changes their policies and their rates depending on which way the wind blows and how many stolen credit cards they take in. I assume this is to limit their losses. I have been selling for 2 years and I have been a user for 5. I have noticed that the call quality has gotten much better than when I started with them as they now have local access in the United States. (when I call a US number to US number I get an XO communications number)

Based on my ability to verify the authenticy of purchases, I have limited myself to sell credits only US based clients. Since you do not have the location filled out in your profile I do not know if I can sell you credits, but I can see what I can do about helping you with your account.

I do know that I have had issues in the past crediting certain accounts and in the end just had the client create new accounts.

Also the country that you creaqte the account in and also have listed in your profile when you sign up also can create issues if you decide to change later.

Feel free to send me a PM here or using the Betamax client if I am online. My username there is kieranmullen there too.
kieranmullen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-08-2010, 09:34 PM   #16
davidoff

davidoff is on a distinguished road

tankxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
davidoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-19-2011, 04:26 AM   #17
ipalarms

ipalarms is on a distinguished road

You can't beat the good old "IP Dial" between two ATA's for free calls - but you have to beat NAT first and that's not easy. I guess that's what VoIP providers are for ;-)
ipalarms is offline   Reply With Quote